PDA

View Full Version : Lake Chelan, 2010?

CaribouLou
09-04-2009, 10:05 PM
C'mon NW people.....lets plan something BIG for next summer......

zelatore
09-04-2009, 10:26 PM
I'm not in the PNW, but I'll watch this space for more info...

CaribouLou
09-04-2009, 10:54 PM
It'd be worth the drive, its an amazing lake....

CaribouLou
09-17-2009, 03:15 AM
No locals are interested? :(

yeller
09-18-2009, 09:09 PM
I tried before to get a PNW event going but it just didn't happen. Don't know why....more loners out here I guess.

I would be interested, just haven't spoken up because I have no idea what type of time I'm going to have next summer. I boated all of 2hrs this year. :frown:

CaribouLou
09-18-2009, 09:42 PM
I think we can get something going.....Jeremy, you know you're not going to sell that 18....get it down here....

fogducker III
09-19-2009, 01:25 AM
I think we can get something going.....Jeremy, you know you're not going to sell that 18....get it down here....

I am always available for a boating outing...name the place and time.... the main problem with trying to organize a run is people not having the time to turn up......:lookaroun:

CaribouLou
09-19-2009, 04:52 AM
I'm there, and I'll also be able to sleep the first few....which will be mike, foggy, and.....

Uncle Fester
09-20-2009, 12:44 PM
Good luck getting something going. Our last get together was '05 and was a blast but then it fizzled. You'll find that the PNW crew are super tight with their money and they think Chelan is too expensive.

I'm in for sure since it's only 30 miles away.

Why not just piggyback another event like the Lake Chelan Poker Run on July 10? We had 4 or 5 Donzi's represent out of 50 boats this year.

CaribouLou
09-20-2009, 12:55 PM
That's fine. But we have other optioins, such as camping at the boat camps up the lake, that's about as close to free as you'll get.

C'mon people, being cheap, and owning a Donzi is an oxymoron

EricG
09-20-2009, 05:52 PM
I've actually been thinking of trying to revive the original Lake Chelan gatherings of the past...including camping at 25 mile creek (Fester is right about the "tightness" of some of us...$200 a night for Darnell's probably won't be in my budget next year)...

The challenge is always finding more than 2 or 3 people willing to attend...I believe the record was '04 when we had 6 boats...trouble was, 3 of them were the same family, and they don't seem to come around much any more.

The best day I have ever had in my boat was that gathering in '04...the run back from Steheiken was EPIC in every way....

The only way a gathering will happen is to pick a weekend, put the word out, and keep reminding people.

I hope it can happen...

EG

yeller
09-20-2009, 06:49 PM
The Chelan event seemed to die when you (temporarily) retired from boating Eric. You must be the 'lucky charm'. Put your name on it and I'm convinced, absolutely convinced I tell ya, that it will sell. :biggrin.:

There are four of us on Vancouver Island now, so if you did one in the San Juan's, it is more of an equalizer in terms of travel and expense. Trouble is a lot of the mainlanders are scared of a day in the salt.....and they shouldn't be.

Anyways.....like I said earlier, I can't commit. I would LOVE to go, but with a new business started I have no idea if I'll have the time. I think I'll be able to, just don't want to say I can at this point.

EricG
09-20-2009, 07:21 PM
There are four of us on Vancouver Island now, so if you did one in the San Juan's, it is more of an equalizer in terms of travel and expense. Trouble is a lot of the mainlanders are scared of a day in the salt.....and they shouldn't be.

Thanks for the compliment...I agree that a gathering up in "neutral" waters would be a great idea... (In addition to a Chelan gathering)...I am not familiar enough with those parts to come up with any ideas...but I hope someone else does.

Then again, having 2 working adults and a 15 month old...my time is about as unpredictable as yours :):):)

zelatore
09-21-2009, 10:49 AM
Visit lakechelan.com
watch the scrolling pictures on the splash screen
I think you'll recognize something.

Is this an omen?

I'd love to say I'd go, but things are simply too uncertain. I haven't even put the new motor together this summer as I'm expecting to have an 'employment upheaval' and I'm not comfortable spending the money. This summer I've put more hours on the dinghy than the Donzi. :frown:

All the same, looks like about 15 hours and 8-900 miles from my place to either the San Juans or Chelan. Not much different than the run to Powell.

And I do like me some San Juans boating! :yes:

C-L should be familiar with that drive since Rohnert Park is less than 100 miles from my house.

(I've got get some Donzi friends closer to home...)

CaribouLou
09-21-2009, 01:06 PM
We can camp, or I do have a 2 bedroom condo with dock/moorage on wapato point, so if it is only a few boats, we can all stay there, cutting the cost by, well, everything but food, fuel, and booze. I'm not against camping though....

I do agree we need to plan multiple events next year......But Chelan is a must in my book.

Uncle Fester
09-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Kind of short notice, but there will be a Donzi gathering on Chelan this weekend (at least one Donzi in attendance for sure....me). Gonna watch the hydro races from out in front of Peterson's. Come on over...

Nice catch on the website Don... never paid attention to it until you pointed it out. I'll be in you neck of the woods first couple of weeks of November. Got a class to go to in Dublin. With all the budget watching and stuff they won't let me get rental cars anymore and I'm not about to sit in hotel jail for a weekend carless so I'm gonna drive down so I'll have wheels for the weekend. We should grab a beer.

zelatore
09-21-2009, 08:50 PM
As far as I know, I'll still be working in Oakland....November can be a great time to get out on the bay. Less wind.

Keep me posted and we'll try to get together. Dublin's not far.

CaribouLou
09-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Fester, looks like Canada is a no go for me this weekend due to no passport....So I'm down to go to Chelan, but I just called on our condo, and my god mother has friends from the east coast staying there this weekend....Got space for me to sleep in my truck in your yard? :crossfing:

Uncle Fester
09-21-2009, 11:32 PM
Fester, looks like Canada is a no go for me this weekend due to no passport....So I'm down to go to Chelan, but I just called on our condo, and my god mother has friends from the east coast staying there this weekend....Got space for me to sleep in my truck in your yard? :crossfing:

Pretty sure that the spare bed or couch is more comfortable...lol

509-670-8197

CaribouLou
09-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm stuck heading to Idaho for a birthday.....ugh.

chrisc2
10-01-2009, 12:37 PM
How about Chelan in the spring, when it is beautiful there and still crap over here? Nice way to kick start the season?

Pogyhouse
10-01-2009, 06:01 PM
I'm in for Chelan this spring or summer!!!

sounds great. Can't do June, or late July.

Jeff
1978 Donzi Doral 24 w/twin 250 Yamaha's

zelatore
10-01-2009, 06:20 PM
I'll sign up as a 'maybe'.

June will be tough since we've been doing Powell that month.

I've usually had a tough time with July because we do a company cruise-out for the 4th, but there's no telling if I'll even be working here next July....:boggled:

CaribouLou
10-05-2009, 12:53 PM
How about Chelan in the spring, when it is beautiful there and still crap over here? Nice way to kick start the season?

I agree....just worried about the water level in the lake....

b.guggenmos
10-05-2009, 10:26 PM
There can be a lot of wood floating around Chelan early in the season.

CaribouLou
10-06-2009, 12:17 AM
very true....

CaribouLou
11-26-2009, 10:44 PM
I just moved from the Seattle area to Central Wa (Kittitas/Ellensburg area), so I'll be able to do this pretty much whenever, as I'm about an hour or so away now.

CaribouLou
01-04-2010, 09:39 PM
It's 2010.....I've got a ton of work to do on my boat to get ready for the summer :bonk:

zelatore
01-05-2010, 11:36 AM
It's 2010.....I've got a ton of work to do on my boat to get ready for the summer :bonk:

You and me both, brother! It's the classic story: when I've got the money I don't have the time; when I have the time, I don't have the money...:frown:

CaribouLou
01-17-2010, 03:04 PM
I hear that....