PDA

View Full Version : 1986 formula 311 sr1

mrfixxall
09-02-2009, 06:44 PM
NOT MINE!!!

I know this boat and its a deal to be had, a older guy (tommy) has passed and his widow is brokering the boat to grand sport center..motors look like chit in the pics but believe me their good runners (600 hp) .a place called power sorce built thease motors and they are stout..the boat will do close to 80 mph.if you offer them 20k she will probably take the money..I know tommy spent more then that haveing the drives, trannys and engines rebuilt about 80 hrs ago and their 496 ci with merlin heads and all the goodies...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/1986_formula_thunderbird_311_sr1_priced_to_move-o30340-en.html

VetteLT193
09-03-2009, 08:32 AM
Don't forget, that was the first year of the curved windshield for Formula, and the 311 was the only model to get it. the others still had the squared off look until 1987.

When these things get painted or wrapped they look almost like a brand new formula. I seriously considered one... awesome riding boats, well built.

Pismo
09-12-2009, 01:14 PM
How's the transom?

Conquistador_del_mar
09-12-2009, 01:25 PM
NOT MINE!!!

I know this boat and its a deal to be had, a older guy (tommy) has passed and his widow is brokering the boat to grand sport center..motors look like chit in the pics but believe me their good runners (600 hp) .a place called power sorce built thease motors and they are stout..the boat will do close to 80 mph.if you offer them 20k she will probably take the money..I know tommy spent more then that haveing the drives, trannys and engines rebuilt about 80 hrs ago and their 496 ci with merlin heads and all the goodies...

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifieds/1986_formula_thunderbird_311_sr1_priced_to_move-o30340-en.html

Mike,
I can't believe this one is still for sale. I keep checking it out since they are such great boats. What a bargain! Bill

How's the transom?

Why don't you contact the seller? If you end up buying it, please post about it. Bill