PDA

View Full Version : Tex and Hedgehog show in south Fla

Last Real Texan
09-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Coming to south Fla now... Getting ready to step it up

mrfixxall
09-02-2009, 10:45 AM
oh boy here we go again!! another drunk fest:):drinkbeer: cheers guys..

BlownCrewCab
09-02-2009, 02:45 PM
oh boy here we go again!! another drunk fest:):drinkbeer: cheers guys..

No, Not this time....They said they wouldn't drink anything until they got Back.....:frown::frown: As much as it will dampen their style Not a sip will be had:mad::mad:...And then once they are back they will only drink Foo Foo Drinks Like Pina Coladas and White Russians that hardly have any alcohol to begin with:yes::yes:...You know I Probably have a better chance of Flying the space shuttle Next time Than this little farce to Be true:shades::shades:

Last Real Texan
09-02-2009, 03:49 PM
On yeah, got to watch Tex buy a boat. 48 ft Pacemaker Convertible. Heading back to Ga now. Now the fun begins....it has to come back! That wil be 1500 mile party!

BUIZILLA
09-02-2009, 03:58 PM
done deal?

CJmike
09-02-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.yachtandboats.com/viewad.asp?id=50306824008100008

Like this?
Nice.

BUIZILLA
09-02-2009, 04:52 PM
your built wrong...:eek:

roadtrip se
09-02-2009, 05:07 PM
When I talked to Bill this morning, we were going to "look". A lot of talk about trying to cross the goal line and that sort of stuff.

We bought?

Heck with the goal line....

Last Real Texan
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Pending survey!

You found the boat CJ. I am sure that Buiz knew.

Yes crew may be needed. The screening (drinking) process will be diligent

VetteLT193
09-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Give Eddie a call if you can. He's got room in the Keys (on the water) and has been bouncing back and forth to Lauderdale getting our 280SS ready for the water again. Plus he is bored out of his mind while he's getting better from his accident.

If you need his number just PM me.

Cuda
09-02-2009, 06:05 PM
I didn't get my decoder ring. Did someone buy a boat?

Last Real Texan
09-02-2009, 08:51 PM
When I talked to Bill this morning, we were going to "look". A lot of talk about trying to cross the goal line and that sort of stuff.
We bought?
Tex went for the hail Mary. He has a contract on one!

BUIZILLA
09-02-2009, 09:03 PM
I have 4 new risers in stock if you want to add the quad turbo option... prolly have the turbo's too.. :kingme:

Last Real Texan
09-02-2009, 10:33 PM
I have 4 new risers in stock if you want to add the quad turbo option... prolly have the turbo's too.. :kingme:
Hook me up...it wont stay stock for long....:shocking:

BUIZILLA
09-03-2009, 06:48 AM
we got the goods if you got the cabbage... :kingme:

Last Real Texan
09-03-2009, 06:49 AM
here she is...old but a real classic in my eyes, going to need a little work but worth it. Classic Jersey lines and freakin huge....Boat is Super Clean and has 8V71 Detroits...Buizzilla tells me it was one of the best Detroits ever built...

VetteLT193
09-03-2009, 07:02 AM
Great engines. Great boat too. Visited the factory back in 1990-ish. They would have done just about anything to make a sale... full custom treatment at production prices. They only had a few boats going down the line at the time because the economy / lux tax. It was nice to see most of the process though, they had boats in various stages and everything looked well built.

Last Real Texan
09-03-2009, 07:20 AM
yep...now for the hard part...Survey and the 1500 mile cocktail cruise to the Tenn River...
Weasel you up for a trip?

CJmike
09-03-2009, 07:31 AM
Thats a great looking boat. You'll have lots of fun on that one.

The Hedgehog
09-03-2009, 07:40 AM
Ok, so after months of chiding Tex stepped up and showed me how to do it properly.

As usual, I will probably spend the next 24 months studying the master end then..... well who knows.

The Keys trip will be lot's of fun.

VetteLT193
09-03-2009, 08:35 AM
Post your route when you get a chance. 1500 actually seems on the low side for some reason :bonk:

You can probably hit up a bunch of Donzi guys along the way. If you wind up close to me I'll try to stop by. or if you need anything St. Marks FL is my 'port' and I can meet you there anytime for sure. Maybe I'll just bring you refills on beer and liquor :wink:

Last Real Texan
09-03-2009, 08:52 AM
Post your route when you get a chance. 1500 actually seems on the low side for some reason :bonk:

You can probably hit up a bunch of Donzi guys along the way. If you wind up close to me I'll try to stop by. or if you need anything St. Marks FL is my 'port' and I can meet you there anytime for sure. Maybe I'll just bring you refills on beer and liquor :wink:

Will do...

Going to cross Okachobee and do some prep work to the boat in North Ft myers and get ready for the Fantasic Voyage...
However if things get ready and all systems are go Hedge and I with the families will do a shakedown to Marathon Or Islamarada for a few days and back to Ft. Myers..never know when I will have the chance to do it again before bringing the boat north. The route is yet to be planned but it will probably go something like this

Ft. Myers to Tampa
Tampa to A jump off point
Jump off from there to Carabell
Carabell to Destin
Destin to Mobile
Then up Tenn Tom To pickwick
pickwick to Chatanooga

Going to do it in stages due to time and weather...

Tenn tom is 430 miles to pickwick
pickwick to Chattanooga 220

the rest I figure is about 900-1000 but have to seriously plot it...

Should be fun and I will be open to any help I can get along the way...

Tex scratching his head now...." what did I get myself into":nilly:

Cuda
09-03-2009, 10:09 AM
My dad taught diesel mechanics in the Navy, he then taught for Cummins when he retired, and he doesn't think much of any other diesel than a Detrioit Diesel.

There is a guy here in Deland that was going to drive a 39 foot Sea Ray from Wisconsin to here. He got as far as Tennessee, then had it trucked the rest of the way.

BUIZILLA
09-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Okachobee Okeechobee

zelatore
09-03-2009, 11:01 AM
From PowerBoat Guide:

The largest sportfishing model ever built by Pacemaker, the Pacemaker 48 SF was also one of the first boats to offer the then-new Detroit 8V92TI diesels as an option back in 1978. A pure tournament machine in all that the name implies, the 48 is a big boat designed for serious deepwater pursuits. Construction is solid fiberglass, and the long foredeck and sweeping sheer mark her as a classic East Coast fisherman. One of the larger full-production sportfishermen wen she was introduced in 1971, the deckhouse windows were redesigned for a softer and more contemporary look in 1978. Several floorplans were offered over the years. Outside, the large and uncluttered fishing cockpit came with a teak sole and covering boards, a standard transom door, and a molded tackle centers. The flybridge was restyled in 1976, and the fuel was increased to 880 gallons in 1978. Most Pacemaker 48s were powered by with 425 hp 8V71s and cruise at 19-20 knots (23 top). Later models equipped with the larger 510 hp 8V92s are capable of 24 knot cruising speeds and around 26-27 knots wide open.

I think those speeds are probably optimistic given the boat's age and the fact she's likely gained a few pounds over the years.

Still, a good looking boat. Should be a great ride in snotty conditions. I like the old stuff - big and heavy. My old Uniflite was like that...something of a pig on fuel/speed, but a better ride than any new boat of her size.

So let's see ... you're estimating 1500 miles. If you keep the speeds down around 8 knots you should be able to get better than a mile to the gallon. Maybe as much as 1.5 mpg. Of course, if you put her up on plane to make time that number will probably drop to more like .4 - .5 mpg.

Should be about a break-even between fuel cost vs. booze cost for the trip...

I only wish I was going with you!

BTW - when you haul it for the survey, go ahead and get the bottom painted unless it was just done. It's money well spent since you'll already have the boat out of the water and with a long trip immediately following the survey you'll recover some of the cost in added efficiency on the run home. Plus you just have the comfort factor of knowing exactly where you're starting from with the paint.

BTW (2) - what layout does she have? Island master fwd, or V-berth?

The Hedgehog
09-03-2009, 12:53 PM
The booze will be a large factor!:rock::alky:

Zel, it has a forward V-berth with a double bunk on the portside. It is a large and really nice looking boat. I will feel important handling the dock lines.

Last Real Texan
09-03-2009, 12:58 PM
From PowerBoat Guide:

The largest sportfishing model ever built by Pacemaker, the Pacemaker 48 SF was also one of the first boats to offer the then-new Detroit 8V92TI diesels as an option back in 1978. A pure tournament machine in all that the name implies, the 48 is a big boat designed for serious deepwater pursuits. Construction is solid fiberglass, and the long foredeck and sweeping sheer mark her as a classic East Coast fisherman. One of the larger full-production sportfishermen wen she was introduced in 1971, the deckhouse windows were redesigned for a softer and more contemporary look in 1978. Several floorplans were offered over the years. Outside, the large and uncluttered fishing cockpit came with a teak sole and covering boards, a standard transom door, and a molded tackle centers. The flybridge was restyled in 1976, and the fuel was increased to 880 gallons in 1978. Most Pacemaker 48s were powered by with 425 hp 8V71s and cruise at 19-20 knots (23 top). Later models equipped with the larger 510 hp 8V92s are capable of 24 knot cruising speeds and around 26-27 knots wide open.

I think those speeds are probably optimistic given the boat's age and the fact she's likely gained a few pounds over the years.

Still, a good looking boat. Should be a great ride in snotty conditions. I like the old stuff - big and heavy. My old Uniflite was like that...something of a pig on fuel/speed, but a better ride than any new boat of her size.

So let's see ... you're estimating 1500 miles. If you keep the speeds down around 8 knots you should be able to get better than a mile to the gallon. Maybe as much as 1.5 mpg. Of course, if you put her up on plane to make time that number will probably drop to more like .4 - .5 mpg.

Should be about a break-even between fuel cost vs. booze cost for the trip...

I only wish I was going with you!

BTW - when you haul it for the survey, go ahead and get the bottom painted unless it was just done. It's money well spent since you'll already have the boat out of the water and with a long trip immediately following the survey you'll recover some of the cost in added efficiency on the run home. Plus you just have the comfort factor of knowing exactly where you're starting from with the paint.

BTW (2) - what layout does she have? Island master fwd, or V-berth?
We saw 17.9 knts on the gps @2100 rpms...1800 was 14-15 knts...I am counting on 1.0-1 on the trip home...I am guessing about 1500-1700 gallons of fuel...ouch!!!!

Booz....about the same!

Layout is gally down, port master w/twins and forward tripple v berth

3 ac units...salon , master , guest

African mahogany interior

2 heads with 2 seperate showers...

Fly bridge will seat 8 easy...

Last Real Texan
09-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Thats a great looking boat. You'll have lots of fun on that one.
Thanks mike!

mrfixxall
09-03-2009, 01:34 PM
I am guessing about 1500-1700 gallons of fuel...ouch!!!!

Tex, you may want to pick up a few cases of oil just in case you need it for the long haul..if i remember correctly the ole 8v71's were a 2 stroke engine,ask buiz he knows more..

VetteLT193
09-03-2009, 02:03 PM
We took the 45 Viking from Boston down, it wasn't bad. Also went with a friend on his 63 Merritt from S. Fla to Jersey. That was easy... could have had something to do with the boat though:bonk:

Let me know when you'll be in Carrabelle. That's not far, I'll come down for the evening and stay with my in-laws that night in Sopchoppy. I'm not sure where there is to stay in Carrabelle though. Kinda empty little place. the marina is the size of a shoe box. You could throw the hook out for the night worst case. Ochlockonee bay is a good spot for anchring too... it's just a little bit east of Carrabelle., no fuel there though. St. Marks is a bit more east from Ochlockonee bay and has the best marina in our area. It's a shaquille O'neal shoebox instead of a ladies shoe box. Restaurant/bar next door too. This whole area will probably be the most remote waterfront area you'll visit.

Donziweasel
09-03-2009, 02:36 PM
Weasel you up for a trip?

Damn right!!!! Unfortunatly, the twins are not.......:frown:

Gorgeous boat. I see me spending many a day on her......

Might have some 8V71 parts laying around if you need anything or want to keep some stuff for a just in case scenario. Sold my last bus with them 3 year years ago. Damn good engine.

Cuda
09-03-2009, 03:56 PM
I think Carabelle is where they have a phone booth for the police station! I used to party in St Marks when I hunted up in Quincy. I don't know if Posey's is still there or not. That area got hit pretty hard by a hurricane a few years ago. The trip along Hwy 98 from Perry to Panama City is a great ride in a car.

zelatore
09-03-2009, 06:08 PM
I am guessing about 1500-1700 gallons of fuel...ouch!!!!
Tex, you may want to pick up a few cases of oil just in case you need it for the long haul..if i remember correctly the ole 8v71's were a 2 stroke engine,ask buiz he knows more..

.....Racors. Bring Racors.

zelatore
09-03-2009, 06:15 PM
BTW, when's the survey?

VetteLT193
09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
I think Carabelle is where they have a phone booth for the police station! I used to party in St Marks when I hunted up in Quincy. I don't know if Posey's is still there or not. That area got hit pretty hard by a hurricane a few years ago. The trip along Hwy 98 from Perry to Panama City is a great ride in a car.

Poseys is still there, but not on the water anymore... across the street. People still booze there because they have liquor but I haven't been. There is another place next door to Poseys between the old Posey's and Shields marina. (riverside cafe) that's where we usually go. They have a great blackened fish sandwich and cold beer. The waitresses have more teeth at Riverside than at Posey's so it's the 'classy' place :boggled: Riverside would probably let you dock there overnight for free if you eat there. they have one spot for a big boat but I don't think they have power.

Last Real Texan
09-03-2009, 07:37 PM
We bought?

BTW, when's the survey?
Next Friday for the boat and Wednesday for the 8V71's:crossfing:

The Hedgehog
09-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a visit or two may be in order!

Donzi Vol
09-03-2009, 08:03 PM
Awesome! Hedge called me today to fill me in, and it's everything he said it was. All I have to say is that I can throw dock lines, tie fenders, and scrub decks. Congrats, man!

Last Real Texan
09-03-2009, 08:19 PM
Awesome! Hedge called me today to fill me in, and it's everything he said it was. All I have to say is that I can throw dock lines, tie fenders, and scrub decks. Congrats, man!
Thanks, it will be a good hide out for me....

bring it on, large times ahead...

Hedge will have a key...

Tex with fingers crossed for the surveys....:crossfing::crossfing::crossfing:

The Hedgehog
09-03-2009, 09:22 PM
Thanks, it will be a good hide out for me....

bring it on, large times ahead...

Hedge will have a key...

Tex with fingers crossed for the surveys....:crossfing::crossfing::crossfing:

Yep, we will have hide outs from hide outs. That is important to keep everything safe and sound.

Cuda
09-04-2009, 05:12 AM
Poseys is still there, but not on the water anymore... across the street. People still booze there because they have liquor but I haven't been. There is another place next door to Poseys between the old Posey's and Shields marina. (riverside cafe) that's where we usually go. They have a great blackened fish sandwich and cold beer. The waitresses have more teeth at Riverside than at Posey's so it's the 'classy' place :boggled: Riverside would probably let you dock there overnight for free if you eat there. they have one spot for a big boat but I don't think they have power.
When we were up there hunting, we weren't the for the fine cusine. :)

Sunday nights use to jam, but they closed the bar at midnight. At midnight, it was like a caravan going from Posey's to the County Line Bar. The use to be an itty bitty bar where you crossed Hwy 98, I think it was called the 98 bar. Once a girl I was seeing said she always wanted to stop in there, so we did. There were two old ladues at the bar, and us. This big drunk commericial fisherman came in that I had seen at Poseys, He came in a was talking extremely rude to the two old ladies, then he stood behind the girl that I was with and started talking chit. I got up and put my hand on his shoulder, and he said if I touched him again, he'd break my arm. Keep in mind this guy was huge, I was drunk, and went out to my truck to get my 44 mag. I think I would have shot him, but I was so drunk I couldn't find the cartridges, :) By the time I got back in, he left. Thank God I couldn't find the bullets. I figured if I shot him, they'd never find me. :) True story!

Btw, the chick I was seeing worked for Leon Cty Sheriff Deptartment.:eek:

That chick and I left her county id card at the Siver Slipper in Tally. I assume it's still there. :)

catch 22
09-04-2009, 07:27 AM
Dam...... Gina & i are going to party with you some day. Oh we have.

JimG
09-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Beautiful boat! Congrats and good luck on the survey(s)!

I love them convertibles! And Pacemaker is one of the best...

Jim

Forrest
09-09-2009, 04:05 PM
. . . There use to be an itty bitty bar where you crossed Hwy 98, I think it was called the 98 bar . . . :

It's 98 Bottles, and it's still there! Glad to see you didn't end up as one of our customers (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/). Your post count would be drastically lower than it is now if you had found that that ammo.:wink:

Nice Pacemaker! A bit of advice though, Shields Marina at St. Marks, or Carrabelle yes, but keep her out of Ochlocknee Bay without a local pilot. I know, I have a house on Ochlocknee Bay (http://www.38bluecrablane.com) and low tide is a killer on props, shafts, and lower units, around there. Also, if you go to St Marks, keep your eyes open when entering as well. I've seen more than one cruiser veer slightly out of the channel through there and end up high and dry until the next high tide. Also, there are plenty of watering holes and good eats near the docks in Carrabelle, which would be my first choice.

Let us know when you pass though.

Cuda
09-09-2009, 05:38 PM
It's 98 Bottles, and it's still there! Glad to see you didn't end up as one of our customers (http://www.dc.state.fl.us/). Your post count would be drastically lower than it is now if you had found that that ammo.:wink:.

I didn't know you worked for Uncle Charlie. I've called his office on many occasions.

Forrest
09-10-2009, 08:45 AM
It's a great web site to check when you are trying to run down one of those laborers that used to work for you. :eek:

gero1
09-10-2009, 09:15 PM
dang nice ride!...my protrusion will be much smaller. 28,38,48 i guess you will be the commodore!!!!. remember chocolate syrup burns the eye's

Cuda
09-11-2009, 06:26 AM
It's a great web site to check when you are trying to run down one of those laborers that used to work for you. :eek:
I have one residing in the Volusia County Jail awaiting trial. Jail is the safest place for him to be right now.:mad:

The Hedgehog
09-11-2009, 06:47 AM
dang nice ride!...my protrusion will be much smaller. 28,38,48 i guess you will be the commodore!!!!. remember chocolate syrup burns the eye's

Finally, a post that actually gets back to the subject!

Tex's new name might be the Commodore. The Commodore recommends flemish coils around the transient dock.

I am sure that you will have some good paranormal activity in your cruiser when the time comes.