PDA

View Full Version : mounting bracket

Bobby D
09-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Front mounting bracket for a cockpit cover support rod. This part is missing and is needed for a 1970 ski sporter, any condition is OK.
Bob

seano
09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Bobby,

I don't have what you are looking for, but my ski sporter has both of the brackets. I do have a question if you don't mind though...

the rear bracket points upward and the forward bracket is horizontal. i assume there is a piece of "sprung" wood the connects them...do you know how this works?

Bobby D
09-02-2009, 01:05 PM
The picture I posted is not my boat but it is the part I am looking for. The ski spotter has the rear piece you describe as well as the original cockpit cover including the zipper. The holes are still there and I placed a DONZI sticker over the holes to cover then up until I found the part. Anyway the cover (original 1970) is made of naugahide, snapped all around, fitted over the steering wheel, zipped down the middle just off-center of an aluminum poll that fit into the 2 brackets to stop water from catching in the middle.
The original support rod is a piece or 3/4" OD aluminum tubing with the ends crimped and bent at 90-degrees to the rod. The rod is slide through the pocket sewn in the cockpit cover so the rod is cut in half and a 2" section of 1/2" OD tube is slipped about and inch into the 3/4" OD tube. The two halves are slipped in each end of the cover's pocket and joined together in the center.

seano
09-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks Bobby. Not sure if this is the correct replacment or not, but worth a try for 10 bucks... :)

http://www.go2marine.com/product.do?no=86158F

Bobby D
12-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Regan,
If you want to sell the bracket let me know the price and how I can contact you. Bertram Boy is the guy to contact for excellent (reproduced) dash panels.
Bob