PDA

View Full Version : 1986 18c "Tribute to 9/11"

scippy
09-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Up 4 sell is my 18c low hrs. fresh water "Tribute to 9/11"-383 Mag w/B1
(installed new in 06') - Full hull & deck with interior restored by Lakeside Restorations in 08' along with Livorsi GPS, Dept finder, hour meter & water pickup. Steering was also replaced to new. All the pinstriping is done in gold leaf as well as all the special graphics- Boat sits on 07' Venture (float on) trailer w/ new guide poles, tires and spare - new brake lines were repl. in 08' as well as the front electric ball hitch assembly. This boat is not
period correct and was done special "in memmory" to those fallen firemen
on 9/11 and those in my Company (Engine 255) I appreciate the award "best restored donzi" @ the 08' spring dustoff.....Great time with great
people!!! ......................... Thanks,Scippy (732) 928-2706 Price $23K
ps- Will be on e-bay after 9/3

scippy
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks Chappy, I thought I attached a number of good Pics along
with the post, obviously it didn't go through.
Thanks for posting up. I need help from my daughter as usual!!!

LKSD
09-02-2009, 07:23 AM
Sorry to see you are selling the boat. I hope your health is ok, I hoping you are just wanting to work on the Magnum faster. :)

I probably should clarify a little more on you listing as to what we did & didn't do since you mentioned me.. :)

We did refinish the exterior & installed a new cockpit interior seating along with some gauges. We had also done some other upgrades to the boat and also installed quite a bit of new hardware along with doing other service & repairs. We did not do the engine/drive install nor did we do any work to the original cockpit finish, frame replacement or deck off work.

Thats about all I could say, I will let Peter (Scippy) could fill anyone in on more detailed info that is considering purchasing the boat from him as it is his sale. Based on the last time I saw it, I think it would make some one a nice boat that wants something more unique.. Good luck on the sale Peter & I hope all is well.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
09-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Again I am not selling the boat, but as I am going to be working on our website & making changes, I didnt want pics to be unavailable if my site should go down temporarily, the work should take longer than expected Or if I should run into grief with the changes.. These pix were from the link that Chappy posted.. :)

These pix were taken a couple years back when we finished the boat.. Again for any & all questions please contact Scippy (Peter) as it is his sale. I am only trying to help by posting some of the pix for him.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

LKSD
09-02-2009, 07:39 AM
A few more... :)

LKSD
09-02-2009, 07:44 AM
And some more.. ;)

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40199&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1226063743

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=42444&d=1232719101

scippy
09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Jamie, Thanks for all the added post ups and support. Your great work and vision helped me to each my goal.
Good luck to you and Kris with the Testa Rosa "Red is beautiful".....Scippy

LKSD
09-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks...Hope we get to use it this year before putting it away...:wink: Kristin

Donzi Racer
09-14-2009, 10:48 PM
Will let Skippy fill in the details on the sale but this purty girl is headed way north above the boarder! EY! And once again we have a new 1st time Donzi Owner that will be joining the Registry. Just doing my thang, Tom

LKSD
09-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Congrats on the sale Peter... :) J

scippy
09-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Just had a wonderful conversation with Jeff, the soon to be inquiring
member of the Donzi registry and now the new owner of my 18 classic.
He hails from Ontario, Canada and will travel some 550 mi. to my home
in NJ to tow her back home. I'm sure he will introduce himself at a later
date.
Much thanks for the congratulations, noteably Jamie & Kris @Lakeside.
All the cudoo's to Tom "Donzi racer" for solely (with no monetary benefit)
listing my boat on the behalf of a "fellow donzi member" spending much
time and getting her to a good home................................SCIPPY

Sweet Cheekz
09-16-2009, 08:38 AM
Nice to hear Congrats all around
Parnell

LKSD
09-16-2009, 09:18 AM
date.

Youre welcome.. :)

Now you can get some work done on that Magnum.. Im here when you need me.. ;) :)

Jamie

Donzi Racer
09-16-2009, 05:08 PM
date.

Aw GEE & Shucks, it weren't nothin, Now maybe Jim Buizilla will let me use ebay to sell a certain Critter! Hmmmm? Might take that bet if I can use ebay, what about it? Hmmmm?

Seriously Scippy, wonderful working with you and it did not Hurt that this little Jewel won such a prestigious award among all the GREAT BOATS at the Dust Off at LAKE GEORGE in 2008. Tom

LKSD
09-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Seriously Scippy, wonderful working with you and it did not Hurt that this little Jewel won such a prestigious award among all the GREAT BOATS at the Dust Off at LAKE GEORGE in 1988. Tom

I believe it won the awards in 2008 ;) Jamie / Lakeside

Donzi Racer
09-16-2009, 08:06 PM
I believe it won the awards in 2008 ;) Jamie / Lakeside

Thanks Jamie, No sleep in 24 hours, amazing I can get one foot in front of the other. Tom

LKSD
09-17-2009, 08:09 AM
No problem. I know the feeling. I am always working.. lol :) J

Donzi Racer
09-17-2009, 09:52 AM
No problem. I know the feeling. I am always working.. lol :) J

Hope your work, is the same as playtime, as it is for me. Man once said, (Blessed is the Man that has found his Lifes Work) I am truly Blessed!!! I went from getting a minimum of 10 hours of sleep 3 months ago to about an average of 3 to 4 hours a night now. I don't need no Stinking Alarm Clock!!! We just got in from a 5 am to 3:30 am trip around the southern part of both sides of Florida and I told the hotel operator not to disturb us until 11:30 am, right before checkout and silly me was up at 8:30 looking at ebay, Donzi Registry, & Aol Mail getting ready for another woderful day fooling with DONZI'S. The pic below is at around 9:30 am right before we were headed back home.

By the way if I have not had a chance to compliment your work on Skippy's 18, it was nothing short of miraculous and as I said in the description of the boat you guys do great work. Can't wait to see how the Testa Rosa comes out. We have located 4 TRs for my Partner and he is enjoying them all. I really enjoy that crazy 22 Lingenfelter one. CRAZY POWER! Come south and see us sometime or when I am up there scouting, I will try and come by and see you guys. Tom

PS How bout that $2250 tow vehicle? 24 mpg on the highway without a boat and 10 mpg and ran out of gas twice in 24 hours with a steel trailer and a Minx behind it. I still love it. T