PDA

View Full Version : ZX dash Panels

rtgogo
08-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Anyone know somewhere I can find replacement dash panels for my 22zx? Found several sites for classic upgrades, but none for the zx.

Any advice on painting my existing ones? Other options?

Thanks.....

The Hedgehog
08-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Robert,

I had some custom panels done for my ZX in carbon fiber. I am pleased. Eddie Young did them for me.

I had some of the switch panels done by Team Marine. I would recommend them as well.

I have seen some other good stuff done as well. One of my favorites was done by KyDonzi but it was not a ZX.

Dr. David Fleming
08-31-2009, 11:47 PM
The 22ZX has aluminum panel inserts in the fiberglass dashboard. There are three instrument panel sections, also an ignition panel and an electrical switch panel. Mine are powdercoated white with grey striping around the edges and the lettering is silkscreen black.

Livorsi marine makes custom panels and did one for me - talk to Fred Ortega who is a customer service rep. They powdercoated them to match the factory panel but could only laser etch the boarder and labels. Say the doc sent you.

These guys make all kinds of custom dashboards for the big off-shore hulls if you get their catalogue you can see all the styles or you can check their website. www.livorsi.com (http://www.livorsi.com)

Fred Ortega - 847-752-2424

Livorsi made the older Gaffrig II instruments and makes them now under the Livorsi II name. They sell most of the electrical parts, steering wheels Dino, Momo etc, the depth finders, compasses and just about everything for the Donzi dashboards and a lot of other parts.

Dr. D

The Hedgehog
09-01-2009, 07:40 AM
The 22ZX has aluminum panel inserts in the fiberglass dashboard. There are three instrument panel sections, also an ignition panel and an electrical switch panel. Mine are powdercoated white with grey striping around the edges and the lettering is silkscreen black.

Livorsi marine makes custom panels and did one for me - talk to Fred Ortega who is a customer service rep. They powdercoated them to match the factory panel but could only laser etch the boarder and labels. Say the doc sent you.

These guys make all kinds of custom dashboards for the big off-shore hulls if you get their catalogue you can see all the styles or you can check their website. www.livorsi.com (http://www.livorsi.com)

Fred Ortega - 847-752-2424

Livorsi made the older Gaffrig II instruments and makes them now under the Livorsi II name. They sell most of the electrical parts, steering wheels Dino, Momo etc, the depth finders, compasses and just about everything for the Donzi dashboards and a lot of other parts.

Dr. D

That sounds really cool Doc. How about a few pics?

rtgogo
09-01-2009, 08:13 AM
Appreciate your help. I was talkin with Fred last week, but didn't dawn on me to discuss the panels with him....I'd like to see pics if you get a chance to post. I have a silver with yellow/blue color scheme I'm thinkin thru and wanted to get the edges of the switch and ignition panels rounded to give a more polished look.

brwn234
09-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Yes Doc, please post some pics. I would love to see how they look. I thought about painting mine but couldnt figure out a good way to lable the switches.

DickB
09-01-2009, 09:59 PM
OK, you asked for other options. Here is one:
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showpost.php?p=508132&postcount=47

If you like the 3D effect but not wood, an option is to coat the wood with epoxy for durability and paint it.

I'm exploring this as a hobby business and would be interested to see if I could manage a custom project for someone working remotely. Let me know if you might be interested.

rtgogo
09-02-2009, 09:03 AM
Very cool dash...Nice work....don't think it fits my application on the ZX, but may come back for help on my next project....Thanks