PDA

View Full Version : roll-on bed liner

hardcrab
08-31-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm thinking of using Rhino lining or similar coating to resurface the textured deck area of an old Whaler.
The surface is pitted, pocked and chipped. It seems this is an easy way to reseal the deck and maintain the anti slip feature.

Does anyone have any experience doing this ?

mrfixxall
08-31-2009, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking of using Rhino lining or similar coating to resurface the textured deck area of an old Whaler.
The surface is pitted, pocked and chipped. It seems this is an easy way to reseal the deck and maintain the anti slip feature.
Does anyone have any experience doing this ?

Yeppers!!:)

just make sure you sand it really good with 220 grit ans use a good dewaxing agent. i have done bottoms of alunimum jon boats too!! keeps them sealed.

hardcrab
08-31-2009, 03:26 PM
Just what I wanted to hear !

Thank You

rustnrot
08-31-2009, 03:31 PM
I recommend www.grizzlygrip.com. I have done floors in several old Chris Crafts and a couple of Donzis and love the stuff. Comes in 30 colors and for a nominal fee will make a custom color.

Cuda
08-31-2009, 03:35 PM
I sell and installl Grizzly Grip. I have some sample is you want something mailed to you. It's easy, just degrease it, then roll it on, and use a brush where you can't get a roller in.

Joe

http://midwestchemicals.com/

hardcrab
08-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks for the links ....

Will this stuff (any of the above) leave a fairly clean line if you tape it off ?

Cuda
09-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Thanks for the links ....
Will this stuff (any of the above) leave a fairly clean line if you tape it off ?
Yes, It shows a boat being done with it on that website.