PDA

View Full Version : lowering minx seats

margo
08-30-2009, 08:37 PM
Iv,e been thinking about cutting a few inches off the top of the fiberglass seat pedestals and glassing new tops on.. This would drop you down more behind the windshield, giveing you a more secure feel being more in the boat.Just enough so you could see over the top of the shield.
any thoughts on this? 1986 Minx

MOP
08-30-2009, 08:50 PM
It is glass and can be done over if someone wants to so why not?

CHACHI
08-31-2009, 05:57 AM
If you are going to lower the top of the pedestal, be sure you glass in a mounting plate for the seat bases so you can bolt the seat bases down with out any hassle.

Ken

VetteLT193
08-31-2009, 07:03 AM
How tall are you? I wanted to raise mine because I was always hot, especially going slow.

If you really want to drop it, I'd suggest getting a couple of custom seat cushions made instead of doing the glass work. The seat cushions are 4? inches or so, so you could knock it by 2-3 inches right there. Do you like the way it feels with no seat cushion in? That is an easy test at least. Plus, if you keep the original cushions it's super easy to go back

margo
08-31-2009, 07:34 PM
Your right vett, i took the seat cusion out and it feels just right to me.I,m only 6 ft,and most of the time in upstate N.Y. it,s pretty cool. I think i,m going to give it a shot,i like setting low in the hull.. thanks Joe