PDA

View Full Version : Speedo

DonziBuoy
08-30-2009, 10:17 AM
I have an old Teleflex speedo, which I cannot tell if it is accurate or not. I have had the Livorsi speedos which seem to be accurate, and now the GPS speedos give a very accurate read. Can anyone recommend a good, reasonably priced GPS speedometer?

Thanks, Jim

mattyboy
08-30-2009, 10:32 AM
some things to consider here

do you want to upgrade your gauges now or in the future?? a gps speedo is not going to match what is in the boat now.

also a hand held gps will give you accurate readings and has other functions that might be handy not just speed most can be mounted on a grab rail with a handlebar mount

DonziBuoy
08-30-2009, 06:57 PM
Mattyboy,

I actually want to keep the "look" of the old gauges - the teleflex, which is outside the early donzi cluster I could change -

What do you know about the handhelds?

Jim

mattyboy
08-31-2009, 09:00 AM
I have a garmin e trex like a $99 handheld does some minor tracking and bread crumb trail things plus gives you highest speed avg speed current speed

the nicest thing was it had a handle bar mount for a mountain bike that worked just awesome on the 16's grab rail

mattyboy
08-31-2009, 09:09 AM
here's a link

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=144&pID=8705

DonziBuoy
08-31-2009, 01:18 PM
This looks like the one - it doesn't say anything about displaying speed, but you have one, so you know this works, cool beans.

Jim