PDA

View Full Version : Hidden since 1963

MOP
08-29-2009, 11:34 PM
A buddy spotted this box in my stash and got all GaGa over it! Figured I would post some pics of my hidden relic!

I bought in 1963 for one of the cars that came through our place, not sure how but slipped through the cracks and ended up in my stash. Right side GM sport mirror probably one of very few in the country still in the original box, my buddy thinks it is worth a bunch! What do you guys think is it anything special? He near dampened his shorts breaking the tape holding the packing paper and puling it out.

mattyboy
08-29-2009, 11:43 PM
A buddy spotted this box in my stash and got all GaGa over it! Figured I would post some pics of my hidden relic!

I bought in 1963 for one of the cars that came through our place, not sure how but slipped through the cracks and ended up in my stash. Right side GM sport mirror probably one of very few in the country still in the original box, my buddy thinks it is worth a bunch! What do you guys think is it anything special? He near dampened his shorts breaking the tape holding the packing paper and puling it out.

63 or 73???

olredalert
08-30-2009, 08:39 AM
------Wish I could give you some good news, Phil, but those mirrors are fairly common. There are some reasonably rare ones but the one pictured isnt. As the one on "vacation" might say ; "put it on the great equalizer (E-bay) and start the auction at a dollar". If the right two guys want it the price might end up around $50.00. Matty is right on the timing, by the way. The first of those body colored mirrors didnt start showing up until 69/70. It might have helped had it been a remote control or drivers side!!!..........Bill S

BUIZILLA
08-30-2009, 08:49 AM
looks like my 72 GS mirror...

MOP
08-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys to me it was one of those dusty boxes that seem to follow you from place to place. I don't remember when I acquired it, he came up with 63. The numbers on the box are as follows: GR.10185 top of label and 962697 at the bottom. I may just let him have it for what he offered, it will only gather more dust here! Though $50 sounds a bit better.

mrfixxall
08-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks guys to me it was one of those dusty boxes that seem to follow you from place to place. I don't remember when I acquired it, he came up with 63. The numbers on the box are as follows: GR.10185 top of label and 962697 at the bottom. I may just let him have it for what he offered, it will only gather more dust here! Though $50 sounds a bit better.

EBAY it,,will bring more them 50 bucks:)

hardcrab
08-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Looks just like my 1981 .