PDA

View Full Version : People protecting others...

Last Real Texan
08-27-2009, 09:03 PM
Ok...
Here goes...This 28 zx in the classifieds is claiming some pretty big #'s...I have no doubt that it is fast and well turned out but come on guys....I call bull chit...a thread got poofed because of some reason...I am not sure but it is gone, so whats up with that...why is this guy being protected when he is advertising Bull chit? ther still is no asking price for the boat and he is still being protected.... Am I the only one here thinking this?

Tex ....getting ready to be banned

Air 22
08-27-2009, 09:22 PM
TEX...fwiw...I have seen this boat run 1st hand....several times over the years...and yes... it flat out hauls azz no bs...I've never poked under the hatch only run along side it...then watch it pull away....easily from my 80MPH boat.

People can run/speculate all the #'s you want etc etc... but it is what it is...the boat run's.:yes:

I can only speak of what I have witnessed more than once. Not sure on the price...waiting on the bank for a pay-off# I believe. The moderator's control the rest of your questions.

Last Real Texan
08-27-2009, 09:50 PM
TEX...fwiw...I have seen this boat run 1st hand....several times over the years...and yes... it flat out hauls azz no bs...I've never poked under the hatch only run along side it...then watch it pull away....easily from my 80MPH boat.

People can run/speculate all the #'s you want etc etc... but it is what it is...the boat run's.:yes:

I can only speak of what I have witnessed more than once. Not sure on the price...waiting on the bank for a pay-off# I believe. The moderator's control the rest of your questions.
I have no doubt it haulzs arse...650 Hp out of a 377 Scorpion whipple is not possible with stock cast iron Manifolds and stock iron heads...but we all knew that ...

Tex

The Hedgehog
08-27-2009, 09:55 PM
My ZX runs 103 and it walks away from 80 mph boats all day long, but it does not make 1,300hp or run 113.

roadtrip se
08-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Think about this for a moment...

It is a requirement of the for sale section when posting an ad that you post an asking price. When I moderated the section, you had about 24 hours to post a price after being asked before the ad was removed. Thems the rules.

It isn't a requirement of the for sale section that as the seller that your ad be vented on by the editorial opinions of forty folks here. Ultimately, it is the buyer's responsibility to ascertain whether the boat really is what the seller claims it is, no matter how outlandish those claims might look to a bunch of us.

If you do have first hand knowledge of a boat that you do want to offer, we have a PM function that works quite well. In addition, I always jump
at the opportunity to go check out a prospect for someone and give an opinion, in private, when asked.

To allow a free-for-all just means fewer boats listed here for sale in all eventuality.

And trust me, there are days here where every post I throw up seems to get edited or deleted, but the for sale section is what it is, it can't be an op-ed page.

Cuda
08-28-2009, 02:44 AM
When someone's ad causes you such heartburn, it might be time to find another hobby besides griping about other posts.