PDA

View Full Version : Bear Grillis in Alabama!

The Hedgehog
08-26-2009, 09:12 PM
Pretty funny stuff to me. They dropped him off in Little River Canyon. I have been down the Canyon many times. Yes, people do die there but basically if you can make down to the end you will find a store if you don't find a hiking trail first. I would have gone for the Sipsey Wilderness. You can actually get lost there.

He ran a couple of rapids in a raft. It is good thing he did not go in the class V Suicide Section.

BlownCrewCab
08-27-2009, 06:26 AM
Oh the Horror.....What could happen to him...He may be Attacked by a Kitten looking for food, He may have to eat some fresh Blackberrys, He's a gonner:cool:

MOP
08-27-2009, 06:49 AM
Maybe next time they will drop him into the Granville woods up in Maine, the B29 sized mosquito's will take care of him. They are big enough to fly him to safety!!!!

f_inscreenname
08-27-2009, 07:51 AM
I think they should have dropped him off in Baltimore city and see if he could make his way out. I can see it now. Sleeping in urine soaked alleys, eating uncooked rats that he catches with home made street sign/spear, trying to avoid the natives while the whole time not contracting a deadly disease ………….

Rootsy
08-27-2009, 08:18 AM
I think they should have dropped him off in Baltimore city and see if he could make his way out. I can see it now. Sleeping in urine soaked alleys, eating uncooked rats that he catches with home made street sign/spear, trying to avoid the natives while the whole time not contracting a deadly disease ………….

Man I am lucky I made it out alive on the few occasions that I visited downtown after dark... There was this one walk.. from the inner harbor to the hospital... That was quite frightening...

Guess After being through Detroit's ghettos enough nothing phases you anymore...

f_inscreenname
08-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Guess After being through Detroit's ghettos enough nothing phases you anymore...

I kind of got used to working in the bad neighborhoods of Baltimore that way. When a cop (who just raided the house next door) tells you, "I will be here another hour and when I leave I suggest you do also" was enough.

A2VeeDub
08-27-2009, 09:38 AM

Don't forget avoiding stepping on used syringes and disease carrying hookers. I think the corner of Edmonson and Fulton would be a good starting point.

RedDog
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Pretty funny stuff to me. They dropped him off in Little River Canyon. I have been down the Canyon many times. Yes, people do die there but basically if you can make down to the end you will find a store if you don't find a hiking trail first. I would have gone for the Sipsey Wilderness. You can actually get lost there.
He ran a couple of rapids in a raft. It is good thing he did not go in the class V Suicide Section.

I watched a few minutes of this episode. They kept calling it "Appalachia."

Can anywhere in Alabama be considered Appalachia?

The Hedgehog
08-27-2009, 10:52 AM
I watched a few minutes of this episode. They kept calling it "Appalachia."
Can anywhere in Alabama be considered Appalachia?

Yes, the chain runs down into central Alabama. Little River Canyon is on Lookout Mountain which comes out of Tn.

I would agree that Baltimore is more dangerous.

The episode was a trip. They dropped him off in the middle of the canyon. For some reason he climbed down a tree as opposed to follow one of the many side creeks. Then he went down the canyon and jumped off the falls which is actually at the top of the canyon right by the 36 bridge. The river was running kind of low so he did not see any Kayakers. After that, they took him over to some cave that was probably on Sand Mountain.

I am not sure which rapid he ran in his makeshift raft but if he would have tried anything in the upper section it would have killed him. There are sieves and undercut rocks everywhere.

The trick where he stripped down and swam across would have gotten him arrested by park rangers.