PDA

View Full Version : '86 22 classic

dylanjones
08-26-2009, 04:45 PM
I am buying a low hours boat, and want to bring it back to really clean. I need to know if the rubber backed rubrail is a good replacement as the original is beat up. The first owner installed a 502 Mercruiser, I don't need the noise of the straight exhaust, is there a good "captain's call" type exhaust for a boat this old, if not what are the options for hooking up to the through the prop setup. What if any are upgrades bthat I can do that have been brought into the newer boats. The boat is very unusual to me as both the sides and the deck are the same color, and it is quite beautiful.

Air 22
08-26-2009, 04:49 PM
Pic's?? Many here can help ya...plz post some photo's...:wink:

MOP
08-27-2009, 06:44 AM
Captains Call requires enough room between the riser and the tips to be installed, that distance has not changed over the years. The prior owner may have installed an exhaust system the is to long to accommodate it, hence the need of photos. Even more important is the Y pipe still there to be able to route the exhaust through the drive, if not the engine needs to come out to install one or you are stuck with just using mufflers.