PDA

View Full Version : Almost ready to re-install the 502

Barry Eller
08-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Close to putting the 502 back in.
All new lifters, springs, pushrods, roller rockers. I have stud girdles that I hope will fit under the valve covers when tightened. I won't adjust the valves until I have inserted my drill tool on the oil pump to prime oil pressures and pump up lifters.

The Hedgehog
08-26-2009, 03:26 PM
All new lifters, springs, pushrods, roller rockers. I have stud girdles that I hope will fit under the valve covers when tightened. I won't adjust the valves until I have inserted my drill tool on the oil pump to prime oil pressures and pump up lifters.

Dang Barry, you have become the 502 pulling expert.

Have you switched to wing nuts for a quick pull out? JK

Now get that bad boy in the water and enjoy the rest of the summer.

Barry Eller
08-26-2009, 03:31 PM
Dang Barry, you have become the 502 pulling expert.

Have you switched to wing nuts for a quick pull out? JK

Now get that bad boy in the water and enjoy the rest of the summer.

It's easier to change the oil with the engine out.

Also easier to replace a piston that a valve "KISSED" very hard!
Had valve job and new springs on both heads and have upgraded my valvetrain to make it as strong as possible. All of my engine problems have been valvetrain related. I'm tired of that S#!$.

The Hedgehog
08-26-2009, 03:44 PM
It's easier to change the oil with the engine out.
Also easier to replace a piston that a valve "KISSED" very hard!
Had valve job and new springs on both heads and have upgraded my valvetrain to make it as strong as possible. All of my engine problems have been valvetrain related. I'm tired of that S#!$.

Good luck:crossfing:

You should be good to go now.

I have come close to pulling the engine on my 18 just to change the dang sea water pump!

Air 22
08-26-2009, 04:45 PM

Sweet Barry!!! What HP are you looking at?

BTW...I saw a matching tow vehicle for ya just down the street today...:kingme:

MOP
08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Is it true everything is set up for quick release? Rumor has it you have a quick release on the chain fall to be able to drop it 5 feet to check the integrity of the mounts and stringers. Pictures PLEASE!

Barry Eller
08-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Sweet Barry!!! What HP are you looking at?
BTW...I saw a matching tow vehicle for ya just down the street today...:kingme:

I have thought about painting a yellow stripe down the center of my white Chevy Silverado!

I have no ideal what my horsepower will be. I'm not taking it to a Dyno. When I get some performance stats, I'll let the "Engineers" here on the board use their slide rules and they can tell me!:kingme:

I've been teasing my wife about painting the Gil Dry exhaust John Deere Green. "NOTHING RUNS LIKE A DEERE"!!!

She keeps telling me its a Donzi Speedboat, not a tractor...

Barry Eller
08-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Is it true everything is set up for quick release? Rumor has it you have a quick release on the chain fall to be able to drop it 5 feet to check the integrity of the mounts and stringers. Pictures PLEASE!

That rumor isn't true...Denise puts here yard gloves on and pulls the chain while I guide it in. 4000# chain hoist makes it easy work.

CHACHI
08-27-2009, 06:01 AM
Dear Barry, it's Deere.

Ken

Barry Eller
08-27-2009, 06:29 AM
Dear Barry, it's Deere.

Ken

I need "Sofa King's" spellcheck! I'll correct it. Thanks Ken.

BigGrizzly
08-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Barry, it would have been quicker if it did not have 19 coats of yellow on it.:yes:

Barry Eller
08-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Barry, it would have been quicker if it did not have 19 coats of yellow on it.:yes:
Yeah, you are probably right! I just like spraying Imron, I love the smell of polyurethane in the morning!

BigGrizzly
08-27-2009, 12:44 PM
somehow I knew this:yes: