PDA

View Full Version : shrinkwrap

glashole
08-26-2009, 02:26 PM
i am looking to get a bunch of shrinkwrap

does anyone have a line on buying this in large rolls?

like say 20ft x 200ft or larger

VetteLT193
08-26-2009, 02:28 PM
i am looking to get a bunch of shrinkwrap

does anyone have a line on buying this in large rolls?

like say 20ft x 200ft or larger

I've seen it on ebay in bulk.

MOP
08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Yeah Yeah you want to make a water slide and land in a tea cup:shocking::shocking:

Tony
08-26-2009, 09:25 PM
My daughter is in packaging...I'll check with her.

:beer:

Tony
08-26-2009, 09:33 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/20'-x-200'---7-mil-Boat-Shrink-Wrap-Film---WHITE_W0QQitemZ380152160129QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20 090825?IMSfp=TL090825158001r29617

$385 to buy it, and $110 to ship it...daaaamn, that seems pricey!

:beer:

Lenny
08-26-2009, 11:25 PM
Buiz hooked me up in Miami with someone. GREAT job. :yes:

I LOVE the stuff when things get shipped. :yes: Seats stay dry and inside, stuff does not disappear, basically, ALL GOOD .

Worth every penny.

Carefull with the torch tho :nilly:

LKSD
08-27-2009, 06:22 AM
I havent used it in a while or bought any in a while. However I do remember it is a bit more expensive than what one would think or expect. :) Jamie

MOP
08-27-2009, 07:02 AM
I know from being one of the first marinas to use it some care in wrapping is very important, it is essential to make sure you have proper ventilation into what ever you wrap. From temp change it will grow mold like a science project, it will also blister paint and decals on the sun side of a stored boats. The first year we used it not knowing any better it cost us two interiors, when the stuff was pulled of the materials were actually slimy. Any possible moisture contained when wrapped will cause problems, oh almost forgot you will see accelerated rust in the engine compartment also! Key word VENTILATE! It is both good and evil!

LKSD
08-27-2009, 07:12 AM
I know from being one of the first marinas to use it some care in wrapping is very important, it is essential to make sure you have proper ventilation into what ever you wrap. From temp change it will grow mold like a science project, it will also blister paint and decals on the sun side of a stored boats. The first year we used it not knowing any better it cost us two interiors, when the stuff was pulled of the materials were actually slimy. Any possible moisture contained when wrapped will cause problems, oh almost forgot you will see accelerated rust in the engine compartment also! Key word VENTILATE! It is both good and evil!

You are correct.. Dry dry dry & vented big time. Mildew bags or buckets are a good idea too. I am not a fan of throwing a boat in a ziplock back for long preiods, although if one cant keep the boat inside & there is a lot of snow & rain a shrink wrap job may make sense. Then you need a steep roof line for it though too so the snow & stuff slides off. Otherwise they will tear collapse & fill the boat with junk. The local hacks here do cheap jobs that fall in frequently. I have indoor storage for my clients so I rarely ever shrink wrap.. :) Jamie / Lakeside

MOP
08-27-2009, 08:37 AM
Another tip take a strip of towel about a foot long and an inch and a half wide, stuff it in the drain plug hole leaving about half sticking out to wick out any collected water. Also make sure the boat is tilted aft enough to ensure all water drains to the back, I have a wick in my drain when on the trailer I have no standing water in my hull at anytime.

glashole
08-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Thanks poodle, that spot is perfect

we have a bunch of boats i store at my place and the local guys charge about $15 ft (min) to shrink boats, for the price of 1 boat last year I did like 6 and bought a gun to do it with

the ventilation is obvious and we throw in a bunch of moisture packages in the boats as we go

but the most important piece of advice given to me was

seal up the gas tank vent when shrinking the boat

boxy
08-27-2009, 08:47 AM
I know from being one of the first marinas to use it some care in wrapping is very important, It is both good and evil!

......... Can't stop myself ...... :D

I found a pic of Phil's first shrink wrap job .... :D :D