PDA

View Full Version : Need some graphics made.

f_inscreenname
08-25-2009, 09:38 PM
I figure someone here can do these.
I’m not sure exactly what font they really are but I did find a couple close ones in Photo Shop (added into the picture). I will have to leave the final choice up to the maker. Like with the big “Nova” sticker. The “A” comes to a point and the “O” is more square. I figure with this one also the letters are as wide as they are tall and just it just spacing that makes it so big.
The bottom line is they need to match as close as possible. I used a program at work that figures out blue prints to get the sizes and they should be right.
So who can do it?

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/4703/graphicsp.jpg

The best original picture I have.
http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/4156/nova24raceboat.jpg

f_inscreenname
08-25-2009, 10:46 PM
Damn Poodle what else you hiding?:nilly:

You would be shocked knowing that this one picture of this one corner of the boat answers 2 questions.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-26-2009, 12:13 AM
You might check with Wayne. Bill

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55272

onesubdrvr
08-26-2009, 06:40 AM
Yup, with that information, I can do them :), the only problem may be the circle. My machine only cuts 24" wide, so the two piece circle won't be a problem, but the one piece would have to be "spliced" together during installation.

I've got 10,000 fonts to look through, so I should be able to match it up really closely, but I have on occasion not been able to match one up exactly.

Sorry, I missed your e-mail, I've been running around a lot lately, and just didn't catch it.

I'll try to match up the fonts tonight, and see what I come up with. You want them all black, or other colors?

Thanks
Wayne

f_inscreenname
08-26-2009, 07:17 AM
All black except for the first SuperNova (the one in red in the picture) but now that I am looking at M/P's picture, is there a black boarder around it?
Please be kind. I know I sound like a broken record……….I would like to get it lettered as soon as I can after paint (this weekend) just to show the wife that the red stripe had to go (got to keep her inspired) but at the same time the project money ran out a long time ago. Just trying to get done what I have to while the weather holds out. Maybe we can do a couple at a time or something. If you are anything close to the last quote I got online, maybe we can do the “2” one week and the “4” the next…….:wink:
The three 24's and circles are the priority.

Now I'm up to 5 things M/P.
How the boat sits in the water (how deep at the transom).
The missing hand rail (what and how it looked).
How the fish press was held down. Look like screws with knobs.
It had plywood firewalls.
How the rear motor cover locked down.
Not to mention the rub rail, vents ..............

God I would have been ecstatic just the info in that one picture when I started the 19.:bonk:

VetteLT193
08-26-2009, 07:21 AM
There is definitely a border there. I'd help you out with the printing but the printer is so maxed out I have 35 voice mails to get to.:bonk:

The Hedgehog
08-26-2009, 08:26 AM
I just got finished checking out your web sight. That is some great stuff. You are a mad man and I mean that in a good way!

Those projects are great. I don't know how I have missed that.

f_inscreenname
08-26-2009, 08:32 AM
Thanks
Did you catch this? http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/index.php?topic=759.0 This is the project before the race boat. Damn Pushrods are on back order or it would be up for sale now.

gcarter
08-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Wayne, you could do some semicircles of the proper size.........
They'd just be in two pieces.

f_inscreenname
08-26-2009, 12:09 PM
Also let me add. Where I wrote the circles are "3' 6" around" It should be 3" 6" across.

onesubdrvr
08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Wayne, you could do some semicircles of the proper size.........
They'd just be in two pieces.
Yup, will work for the sides, absolutely,... but the one on the deck will have to be slightly overlapped (with my small machine) lol

Working on the fonts now,... LONG day today ;)

Wayne

onesubdrvr
08-26-2009, 10:05 PM
f_in,...

Got a couple of fonts, but am going through CD after CD,... I'll shoot you a JPG tomorrow with some converted over, but you can try a search for them also,...

Accolade Serial Bold
Austin Bold
Navarro
Novelty

So far, the differences are in the "tails" on the letters, not as smooth or pointed, and the middle of the letter E, not as "fat" as on the original.

Still looking though, got tons more to go through

Thanks
Wayne

onesubdrvr
08-27-2009, 09:11 PM
See if any of these match a little better.

I've been through all my fonts on my puter, but still have a few CD's to go through with vector fonts.

Wayne

f_inscreenname
08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Looks like the first one but the tails are a little sharper.

onesubdrvr
08-27-2009, 09:52 PM
Looks like the first one but the tails are a little sharper.
Right, I thought the same thing,... there are so many that are close,... the Georgia one was really close, but no tail at the top of the A,...

on the NOVA decal, you mention the V comes to a point and the O is more square. Does the A come to a point at the top too?

Wayne

f_inscreenname
08-27-2009, 10:11 PM
on the NOVA decal, you mention the V comes to a point and the O is more square. Does the A come to a point at the top too?

Wayne

After looking at it again and again I think neither one goes to a point. :bonk:

f_inscreenname
08-31-2009, 08:47 AM
Paint went on this weekend. :party:

onesubdrvr
08-31-2009, 09:27 PM
Paint went on this weekend. :party:
Saw your post in the Tech section, paint looks good :)

Working on the NOVA fonts, and none of my additional vector fonts are any closer to the SUPER NOVA font than the ones I showed you or the Georgia font you posted first.

Once we nail it down, it only takes a day to cut.

I should have some good matches for the NOVA by tomorrow.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-22-2010, 08:32 PM
Well,

WAY too much time has passed, but I finally got these cut, will be on their way north on Monday

Here's a little teaser,...

Wayne

Ghost
05-23-2010, 11:16 AM
Those look awesome--nice work.

onesubdrvr
05-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Those look awesome--nice work.
Thanks,....

Me, I just can't wait to see them on the boat lol

Wayne

onesubdrvr
07-05-2010, 06:13 PM
You guys have got to see the boat with the decals I made on it,...

http://www.supernova19.com/forumcw/index.php?topic=916.270

Hell, I'm just proud to have made the decals, but Mark has done a GREAT job putting this all together,..

Wayne