PDA

View Full Version : Running 80s On Lake Erie

Carl C
08-25-2009, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCbFrcW54dM

Hit 81.9 on this short run:yippie:. (The speedo wasn't scanned at peak speed)

Tony
08-25-2009, 04:05 PM
Nice video, Carl.
Looks like you had some ideal water conditions...:yes:

:beer:

Ghost
08-25-2009, 05:59 PM
I saw a UFO right near the end. (Or maybe that was land. :) )

Carl C
08-25-2009, 06:56 PM
I saw a UFO right near the end. (Or maybe that was land. :) )

Hehe, I had to do a double take myself. That is the lens cap!

mrfixxall
08-25-2009, 07:15 PM
81.9, no tach,oil pressure,engine temp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Carl i wouldnt be pushing it with no engine info way out in lake erie..isnt their some way you could piggy back the sensors with another sender that will control your guages? call livoursi and get the senders for the oil and temp, find a plugged hole in the block, screw the senders in and hook them directly into the guages..also their should be a tach out put wire in the harness to hardwire into the tach i believe..

Carl C
08-25-2009, 07:47 PM
81.9, no tach,oil pressure,engine temp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Carl i wouldnt be pushing it with no engine info way out in lake erie..isnt their some way you could piggy back the sensors with another sender that will control your guages? call livoursi and get the senders for the oil and temp, find a plugged hole in the block, screw the senders in and hook them directly into the guages..also their should be a tach out put wire in the harness to hardwire into the tach i believe..

That will all be working properly next year. I have the new harness but it's not a simple replacement. Now I am relying on warning horns and built in protection. I'm also running without full hydraulic steering and a slightly nicked up prop. That'll all be good next year too. The water was much worse coming home today. It was runable but the waves kept building as we neared the Detroit River. I had my first stuff today, actually two of them in succesion. I lost the one wind-away that was on and we got blasted with water. The boat was soaked. The interior is all out now to dry. My prescription shades somehow stayed on:cool:.

Air 22
08-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Remove those bug teeth smashing wind guards and you could of easily hit 85...lol:pizza: :)

Rootsy
08-26-2009, 09:56 AM
The Western Basin can really get nasty with an on shore breeze... An off shore will get you some decent water out by the islands...

Trueser
08-26-2009, 10:18 AM
Remove those bug teeth smashing wind guards and you could of easily hit 85...lol:pizza: :)

Just imagine if they came loose @ 80...... Ouch

jvcobra
08-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Damn, that looks like fun. Looks very stable too, do you experience and chine walking at that speed?

Pismo
08-26-2009, 12:35 PM
That water looks about 6 inches deep! right at the end...I guess it's not...I agree the windguards....

BigGrizzly
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Nice job Carl, now get your but to ATOH with us.

blackhawk
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM
Nice run Carl! I got your last PM too. Thanks.

Carl C
08-26-2009, 12:55 PM
That water looks about 6 inches deep! right at the end...I guess it's not...I agree the windguards....

That is algae on the surface. There is a lot of it in that area. It's about 35' there; Still shallow but not 6"!

The windguards are needed for longer cruises or cool days. They clamp on there pretty good.

Carl C
08-26-2009, 01:05 PM
do you experience and chine walking at that speed?

Nope.:)