PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic bravo one swap from alpha one

javi13
08-24-2009, 05:15 PM
hey need some help. i have a donzi 22 classic with a alpha one. i just bought a bravo one outdrive but now need to know how to swap it in, what parts etc. any direction would really help at this point.

Trueser
08-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Did you also buy the Gimbal / Transom assembly ?

MOP
08-24-2009, 07:13 PM
If you are going to run a stock engine leave it alone the Bravo will cost you 2-3 miles per hour. By all means if you are going to put some serious power do the swap! I wish I had left the Alpha on mine, much cheaper to replace and would have held up well behind my 383!

Phil

You will have to pull the engine and change out the gimble housing, you need to drill two more holes for it to fit other than that it is pretty easy.

farmer tx
08-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Seawater pump and belt needs to be installed, remote gear lube reservoir install, besides what has already been mentioned.

MOP
08-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Seawater pump and belt needs to be installed, remote gear lube reservoir install, besides what has already been mentioned.

Thanks Mark did not think of all the extras!

It adds up to quite a few bucks when done, and like I said if you are not going to build a strong engine costing many more dollars it is a waste. I spent near 15K between drive and engine for 4-1/2 mile gain, watch it these thing can bankrupt you!!! Better then 90% of my running is at cruise very little gain in that area and I burn more fuel then before, to many of us fall down the rabbit hole!

realbold
08-26-2009, 09:54 PM
I've been thinkin about doing the same swap on a sbc with nearly 400 hp, but with the extra weight, add ons and cost the alpha looks better all the time. I just hate the cutoff between grinding gear changes and they dont make a shorty for alphas.