PDA

View Full Version : A little more today's news for a 22....

The Hedgehog
08-24-2009, 10:16 AM
I think that this would make a great combo for a 22 Classic. It is Eddie's 650 EFI. It actually made 701hp. He thinks he can get 725hp with a little more compression. This was built using a 500 EFI as a base. You can't sandbag and make this power though. You gotta use the BIG throttle body.

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61671&stc=1&d=1251089956
http://forums.boatfreaks.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61672&stc=1&d=1251089956
and a little:

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61674&stc=1&d=1251090048

The Hedgehog
08-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Oh yeah,

I know that you see this Firstafence! Nice setup for your 22 huh?

Eddie dropped the tarp at my house later that night. I need to run it down to your shop but have been out on the boat. He told me to thank you again. I told him that you could thank him with a deal on one of those 650's

firstafence
08-24-2009, 06:54 PM
Oh yeah,

I know that you see this Firstafence! Nice setup for your 22 huh?

Eddie dropped the tarp at my house later that night. I need to run it down to your shop but have been out on the boat. He told me to thank you again. I told him that you could thank him with a deal on one of those 650's
WOW Hedge i have been drooling :drool:ever since i seen that 650efi and talked to you and eddie that day.Yes that would make the ultimate setup for the 22. I need to talk to you and eddie about this. :wink: P.S. no hurry on getting that tarp back just whenever you are going by the next time. :cards:

Air 22
08-24-2009, 07:20 PM
I think that this would make a great combo for a 22 Classic. It is Eddie's 650 EFI. It actually made 701hp. He thinks he can get 725hp with a little more compression. This was built using a 500 EFI as a base. You can't sandbag and make this power though. You gotta use the BIG throttle body.
http://forums.boatfreaks.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61671&stc=1&d=1251089956
http://forums.boatfreaks.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61672&stc=1&d=1251089956
and a little:
http://forums.boatfreaks.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=61674&stc=1&d=1251090048

Sweet set-up hedge...:wink: Approx how many bills$$ if you had a HP500EFI to begin with??

MOP
08-24-2009, 07:51 PM
Good thing I have gotten older and worry about my body more that would make a 22 a real shorts stainer but a blast!

The Hedgehog
08-24-2009, 08:17 PM
WOW Hedge i have been drooling :drool:ever since i seen that 650efi and talked to you and eddie that day.Yes that would make the ultimate setup for the 22. I need to talk to you and eddie about this. :wink: P.S. no hurry on getting that tarp back just whenever you are going by the next time. :cards:

I will probably come by on Wed.

PS. Like the card smilie.

The Hedgehog
08-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Sweet set-up hedge...:wink: Approx how many bills$$ if you had a HP500EFI to begin with??

The engine turn key is $36k. That is everything but tails and includes a 1 year warranty.

I am sure that Eddie could work a quote out pretty easy using the 500 EFI as a base. Off the top of my head you could knock off $5k by using your exhaust and accessories. The 500 EFI has some quality parts so there should be a pretty good bit more to use.

It all depends on how much power you want. As SE will tell you, the big power guys like to use a bunch of their own stuff.

Air 22
08-25-2009, 02:21 PM
The engine turn key is $36k. That is everything but tails and includes a 1 year warranty.
I am sure that Eddie could work a quote out pretty easy using the 500 EFI as a base. Off the top of my head you could knock off $5k by using your exhaust and accessories. The 500 EFI has some quality parts so there should be a pretty good bit more to use.
It all depends on how much power you want. As SE will tell you, the big power guys like to use a bunch of their own stuff.

Thanks Hedge:wink:...prices are in line with the work...:cool: One may want to have an XR or IMCO drive etc... ready to go with such a pkg :pimp:

The Hedgehog
08-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Thanks Hedge:wink:...prices are in line with the work...:cool: One may want to have an XR or IMCO drive etc... ready to go with such a pkg :pimp:

Eddie is using a combo of parts in a XR combo. Basically it is an IMCO lower, Max gears and a billet top cap in an XR case. I have that setup minus the max gears. I am having mine rebuilt to those specs this winter. We have a number of folks around here using that combo with 750+ hp.

Air 22
08-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Just to be sure...Is this pkg blown or N A? any pic's? The link in post one i'm not a member..:nilly:

The Hedgehog
08-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks Poodle. I kind of forgot about the whole boatfreaks thing.

Air 22
08-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks Scott...nice pic's and impressive dyno numbers..:)

:drool:

The Hedgehog
08-26-2009, 08:08 AM
Just to be sure...Is this pkg blown or N A? any pic's? The link in post one i'm not a member..:nilly:

N/A is a great package for a 22.

I had been thinking about something like what SE is doing if I ever did a 22. Beautiful idea but now that it is being done.....well it is today's news but there is always the future.

These days the stable is full and it will be quite some time before I do something else so I thought I would float this out there for the Blue Engine lunatics. It can be dialed back a few hp to run on 89 or up a few hp.

roadtrip se
08-26-2009, 09:01 AM
N/A is a great package for a 22.

I had been thinking about something like what SE is doing if I ever did a 22. Beautiful idea but now that it is being done.....well it is today's news but there is always the future.

These days the stable is full and it will be quite some time before I do something else so I thought I would float this out there for the Blue Engine lunatics. It can be dialed back a few hp to run on 89 or up a few hp.

You just about said it, but I am okay with it. Some things from yesterday are okay.

I looked at this a few days ago when you posted it, and have been noodling on it ever since. My first reaction was, there isn't much 500EFI left there on that thing. Most of it is classic marine performance stuff and we know it works, but...

As for comparing the numbers on the refreshed stocker versus a custom Eddie beast, I ain't giving that up quite yet, but everyone knows the intake is the achilles on the HP parade.

But then, there is the cash factor, and that is a huge difference on the re-build vesus custom motor route....

Ok Bill, just do it. Gero has the perfect hull for sale for a project like this...

The Hedgehog
08-26-2009, 09:42 AM
You just about said it, but I am okay with it. Some things from yesterday are okay.
I looked at this a few days ago when you posted it, and have been noodling on it ever since. My first reaction was, there isn't much 500EFI left there on that thing. Most of it is classic marine performance stuff and we know it works, but...
As for comparing the numbers on the refreshed stocker versus a custom Eddie beast, I ain't giving that up quite yet, but everyone knows the intake is the achilles on the HP parade.
But then, there is the cash factor, and that is a huge difference on the re-build vesus custom motor route....
Ok Bill, just do it. Gero has the perfect hull for sale for a project like this...

Now you have hit me with something that I have been noodling over.

When my blower was a bunch of pieces of metal and Gero was thinking about 26's, I got to thinking....well my setup is probably not optimal for N/A but it should make some good power (probably around the same as a "well freshened" 500 EFI since they have the same restrictions or maybe a little less since it was not exactly tuned for N/A) and Gero does have a cool base hull.

Then I started think about Blackhawk hulls, Arnesons and how I have a tendency to overspend. It haunted me for a while but I had to step back and enjoy my current stuff for while.

I have enjoyed watching your project come together. Nice well executed plan with complete follow through. No fumbling or faultering, just a few questions and typical hurtles along the way. I also know that it is not as easy as it looks. It takes a bunch of logistical challenges to pull it off. I am sure that there will be a few surprises that you have up your sleeve just to keep us on our toes.

Congrads on work well done:beer: I look forward to seeing the rest of it come together.

ITTLFLI
08-26-2009, 09:43 AM

Now ur talkin! It will probably need a scoop though. Might as well have a huffer in there if your adding a scoop!