PDA

View Full Version : Lenny, eyes open!!!

fogducker III
08-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Returning home from Sidney I saw a pale/baby blue and white, about 16' Donzi with an older V-4 Johnson/Evinrude on the back..?

I swung around to have a closer look and lost it...:nilly:

I have never seen the deck format this thing had, it was kind of a "stepped" top deck to a small windshield...the hull "looked" all Donzi and it was lettered up as a Donzi.........have you seen the boat Lenny or Mark (Titan)...?

Sorry not much detail or info but I was going one way at 50 and he was going the other, most of the view I had was in the rearview mirror....:boggled:

boxy
08-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Maybe an 18 Corsican converted to an O/B?

Lenny
08-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Actually, I think Mark is going by as I type this. BB, 22 looking, and running about 4K.

No, never have seen it. You can be sure it is not real tho. :(

Just got back to the Island :) (other one to the other one )

Beautiful weekend.

Got my life jacket ?
:D

yeller
08-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Was the deck itself higher, in that it added to the freeboard?

When I built my 16, I had the option of the factory style deck or one that added 4" to the freeboard. The dash was much further forward and the cockpit was wide open all the way to the transom, so you would have had to build a 'doghouse' for the engine.

I agree with Lenny, what you saw was not a real Donzi. Lots of 'splashes' of the 16 around.

fogducker III
08-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Actually, I think Mark is going by as I type this. BB, 22 looking, and running about 4K.

No, never have seen it. You can be sure it is not real tho. :(

Just got back to the Island :) (other one to the other one )

Beautiful weekend.

Got my life jacket ?
:D

Yes I have your life vest, "somebody" forgot it in my boat.....:lookaroun:

The boat I saw sounds like what Yeller describes, I will keep an eye open for it, will be interesting to see what it actually is.............

So are you off Piers now...?

Lenny
08-24-2009, 02:03 PM
Still on Piers. Deneens' dad had a heart attack, went into the hospital and has since had another. :( Been a bit wierd around here the last few...

fogducker III
08-24-2009, 02:21 PM
Still on Piers. Deneens' dad had a heart attack, went into the hospital and has since had another. :( Been a bit wierd around here the last few...

Sorry to hear buddy, let me know if you need anything, send my best to Deneen.....

BigGrizzly
08-24-2009, 02:56 PM
My prayers with you

thriller
08-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Give Deneene our Best. thoughts and Prayers are with you both.
Mike and Christine