PDA

View Full Version : Livorsi Side mount throttle

BlakeSullivan
08-22-2009, 04:36 PM
well bought the livorsi side mount throttle for my 1998 donzi 16 with the 4.3 and have one hell of a time i bought new throttle cable but the connector in the engine has a large amount of threads but the new cable only have about and inch but the stock cable will not mount up to the new control thanks for any help blake sullivan

jg480
08-22-2009, 04:49 PM
I needed an adapter kit for mine to work in my 18c. I had the same problem, give livorsi a call they were very helpful. If you need monday I can get the part #.
Jim

Air 22
08-22-2009, 04:51 PM
Did you ger the connector kit?

Part #
CCKEYELET
for non 33C thread
end cables $19

livorsi.com

http://www.livorsi.com/catalog/controls_homepage.htm

BTW...you will luv it when u get it working...:wink:

BlakeSullivan
08-22-2009, 05:13 PM
nope i sure didnt but i guess that will solve the problem thanks for the help

zimm17
08-23-2009, 02:54 AM
Do a search, I went through this whole thing. You probably need the K-35 connector kit. I finally ended up ditching the whole set up and going with a dana marine set up- I couldn't get enough friction to hold my whipple efi at constant setting. With just a carb you should be OK though.

BlakeSullivan
08-23-2009, 08:40 AM
Will do yeah its just the carb version but isnt there a friction screw to adjust

Air 22
08-23-2009, 04:18 PM
Will do yeah its just the carb version but isnt there a friction screw to adjust
Yes...but you need the correct cable length and connections.

We put High Performance MACH 5 Cables by U-FLEX for use w/ our HP500EFI and they work great!

The PATENTED “high performance” MACH Cables are the result of our decades of experience in producing high quality, long lasting, flexible cables.
The innovative core design maximizes efficiency and minimizes lost motion, while the exclusive design of the conduit provides extremely high level of flexibility.

http://www.uflexusa.com/engine_c_cables.html

harbormaster
08-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Blake. Call me Monday Morning

Scot

miike
08-23-2009, 10:50 PM
you only need mach zero cables if you are bending a small radius which you probably are not. standard 30 series teleflex cables will take an 8" radius just fine. u-flex is another name for teleflex/morse.

just get the adapter kit and save yourself some time/frustration.