PDA

View Full Version : BERTRAM BOY... this isn't your's I hope ?

Lenny
08-21-2009, 11:49 AM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/08/21/goulston.boat.off.trailer.wfsb

gotta love the trailer and the fishtailing :eek:

chappy
08-21-2009, 12:15 PM
That was painful to watch.:doh:

chip w
08-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Just saw that on Fox news. Guy stole it from a dealer, hit sppeds over 95 in the chase and finally lost it. WTF was he thinking?

Ghost
08-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Dealer cracks me up-he couldn't resist the cheesy marketing. "I can probably understand why he wanted it so badly."

Now it's "The Irresistible Legend" I suppose. :rolleyes:

zelatore
08-21-2009, 01:06 PM
Why don't I have people fighting over my inventory???? I must be doing something wrong.

chappy
08-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Your sig line made me laugh out loud after watching that vid again.:cool!:

BERTRAM BOY
08-21-2009, 01:12 PM
Wow...We made international news!!!!

Just Say N20
08-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Why don't I have people fighting over my inventory???? I must be doing something wrong.

Don,

So, are you saying you are upset that people aren't stealing your inventory and then destroying it in high speed chases? :boggled:

I too noticed the "I'm not surprised, as it IS the TOP selling line."

You have to wonder what the guy was thinking. I mean, I have been mad :mad:, even REALLY mad :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: , but never so mad as to not think 2 minutes beyond any action I was considering, and get the "OK, Now what?" realization that I just stole a $150K+ plus boat.

That truly is a WTF moment. :yes:

mattyboy
08-21-2009, 02:40 PM
how bout a tie down strap :eek: that moron deserves everything he is gonna get .. nice skid mark the boat made speaks alot for BW quality the aftermath on the hull didn't look all that bad I thought it would have been much worse

RedDog
08-21-2009, 03:43 PM
how bout a tie down strap :eek: that moron deserves everything he is gonna get .. nice skid mark the boat made speaks alot for BW quality the aftermath on the hull didn't look all that bad I thought it would have been much worse

I run across people all of the time who say they don't need tie-down straps. Logic being the the boat is heavy and isn't going to come off of the trailer. What they fail to recognize is the trailer is light - it will come off of the boat :bonk:

zelatore
08-21-2009, 04:17 PM
Don,
So, are you saying you are upset that people aren't stealing your inventory and then destroying it in high speed chases? :boggled:

I'm not making any suggestions, but I've got a few boats around here that, say I was to come to work Monday morning and they were just 'not there'...well, I wouldn't exactly be crying in my beer Monday night...

I'm just sayin'

'Course, it'll be pretty hard to get into a high-speed chase with an old 38 Bayliner that tops out about 10 knots.