PDA

View Full Version : Seats and Carpet (NOT MINE)

Just Say N20
08-20-2009, 06:58 AM
White with red piping. Red carpet. Don't know if from 16, 18 or 22.

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/1331599537.html

MOP
08-20-2009, 12:40 PM
I contacted the owner it is for an 18, sounds like a great deal, complete package!

penbroke
08-20-2009, 01:16 PM
The deal is not quite as great as it was. It seems that the price has gone up due to perceived demand... Another good reason capture and paste 'em.

Frank

Just Say N20
08-21-2009, 11:06 AM
You never can tell how someone is going to react. I guess there are two schools of thought. Personally, if I had decided I would take $1,200 for something I put up for sale, and I had someone offer me $1,200, I would feel an obligation to sell it for that price.

If a "LOT" of people called an expressed an interest, I might think I had not done enough research to determine what the market would bear, but that would have been my fault, not the potential buyer's fault. Again, at one point, this seller was satisfied with the idea of getting $1,200 for this stuff.

I personally feel that if someone gets greedy at this point, and decides to raise the price, I wouldn't buy what they were selling. I would consider this person a greedy opportunist, and I have no use for them.

I understand the whole capitalism price being determined by supply/demand, and I firmly believe in it. Great system. But, for some reason I have always been bothered by "after the fact" price gouging.

I hope the guy chokes on the stuff.

But that's just me.

roadtrip se
08-22-2009, 12:58 PM
especially if the seller was slippery about it and not upfront on it.

But, this being said, when I was brokering boats, I did have the occassion when a boat would sell at more than list due to competitive buyers bidding on it. This happened more than once, and it was my job as the broker to secure as much money as possible for my client.

It's business. Loser may not like it, but somebody always has to come in second place.