PDA

View Full Version : Such a dumb azz!

MOP
08-18-2009, 06:56 PM
I am so pizzed at myself!!! I ran a fairly large shot and was freakoyed about safety, I had weekly meeting and crabbed like crazy at anyone doing something I though could hurt them. Well me Mr. DA ran a drill into my hand today doing a mini project for Bonnie, I did not tell her until she asked why can't you open the door with your tight hand. Got the dickens for being stupid but also sucked up a few there there pat pat's, its been a ton of years since I buggered one of my paws. You kind of forget just how much they come in handy!!!!!

Conquistador_del_mar
08-18-2009, 08:14 PM
I am so pizzed at myself!!! I ran a fairly large shot and was freakoyed about safety, I had weekly meeting and crabbed like crazy at anyone doing something I though could hurt them. Well me Mr. DA ran a drill into my hand today doing a mini project for Bonnie, I did not tell her until she asked why can't you open the door with your tight hand. Got the dickens for being stupid but also sucked up a few there there pat pat's, its been a ton of years since I buggered one of my paws. You kind of forget just how much they come in handy!!!!!

Ouch! I drilled into one of my fingers years ago that was on the back side of a board, but I still remember how much it hurt.

penbroke
08-18-2009, 08:18 PM
I hate it when that happens...

Frank
Bandage free at the present.

gold-n-rod
08-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Pics???????????????

:wink:

penbroke
08-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Slacker.. :bonk: :bonk:

Ouch! Now I am truly wounded.

Frankl :wink:

MOP
08-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Pictures "NOT" only one small hole, I had one hand(the wounded one) holding as hard as I could on the end of the vise and pushing the drill drill for all I was worth. I was drilling a hinge pin, stuff is on the hard side, all was going great until the bit broke and the drill with full force rammed into the long bone between my wrist and the first thumb knuckle. At first I was worried the bits end was in my bone, thankfully it was still in the hinge pin. My right hand is usless can't even open a door or eat with it. It works the shift bar Ok but typing is lefty for a day or two.

Phil

olredalert
08-18-2009, 09:29 PM
------We used to have a computerized embroidery machine (read sewing machine) and one time I did my best to sew my thumb into the logo on a jacket. Put two or three full stitches right through the thumbnail before I could get it stopped. Took every pill in the house and drained all the tequilla bottles that day.......Oh Nooooooooooooooooooo.......Mr.Bill:eek::eek::eek:

Just Say N20
08-18-2009, 09:34 PM
Pictures "NOT" only one small hole, I had one hand(the wounded one) holding as hard as I could on the end of the vise and pushing the drill drill for all I was worth. I was drilling a hinge pin, stuff is on the hard side, all was going great until the bit broke and the drill with full force rammed into the long bone between my wrist and the first thumb knuckle. At first I was worried the bits end was in my bone, thankfully it was still in the hinge pin. My right hand is usless can't even open a door or eat with it. It works the shift bar Ok but typing is lefty for a day or two.

Phil

Did the same thing in my early 20s trying to drill through a motorcycle muffler. Bit snaped as I was really pushing on it, and drilled completely through my left pointer finger, although I didn't know it at the time.

I looked at the bit and saw sinew all wrapped in the thing and started to get light headed. Went into the kitchen to rinse my finger, which I only saw a little nick in on the top. Well, it rinsed clean, but the water going do the drain was still red?

Yup, rinsing through to the other side. Had to lie down for a while. Didn't feel good. . .

Tony
08-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Funny story, Phil, even funnier to me as I can just picture you cursing like a sailor right after it happened. :)

One year I chainsawed a 5" black walnut limb into 1" thick pieces, planning on making some coasters. So, next step is to pass them through a planer to smooth them out, right?

Yep, you probably guessed it, one coaster bucked out and I planed off the tops of my middle two fingers. Just before the doc at the hospital was about to sew them up my buddy called to say he was on the way in with a fingertip, which he found while cleaning the planer. That one they sewed back on, the other finger is just a bit "pointier" than usual!

:beer:

Ghost
08-18-2009, 10:43 PM
"Right there. Mary Ellen Moffit. She broke my heart."

Lenny
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
About a year ago Phil, I was biscuit joining a few Maple boards. At the end of one, the blade caught, sent the board a few feet away and the 1/2" "stroke" of the plunge blade was into my left palm. :eek: That was great fun.

The best couple would have to be using the jig saw and cutting out a sink hole in a countertop, left hand beside the blade, keeping vibration down on the platten, when the blade breaks, is bent over now, and goes up and down into my thumb umpteen times. BIG mess. :(

Sheeting a roof on a house I built, 1" x 8" for shakes, using a 3 pound hammer to bring in a bad hook in a long board across the trusses, put in a 2 1/4" common on a 45 deg angle to hammer in the hook, go to hit the nail/board as hard as I can, end up hitting my left thumb absolutely square on, flatten the thumb, all the guts and blood shoot out of the end of the tip all over the roof. THAT hurt soo much that it didn't hurt for about a minute.

I used to supply survey stakes ( by the thousands) to all the Companies that used them here on the Island. Had one, a piece of 3/4" x 1 1/2" x 18" Spruce, sitting on the sliding saw table. ( 16" blade, 9HP ) The board got picked up by the blade, shot it at about MACH3 into my left side, punctured the skin/tissue and continued into the shop wall about 30' away and went THROUGH the drywall into the outside sheathing. The entire left side of my body above the waist turned black and purple. Absolutely gross. Lasted about a month.

Actually, I have been lucky so far with the machines considering the amount of time I spend everyday playing with them. :yes:

BlownCrewCab
08-19-2009, 06:20 AM
I got 47 stitches on "ONE FINGER", it was a remote control airboat with an 11" plastic/nylon propeller spinning 15,000rpm+. spun so fast I couldn't see it, oh but I felt it.

MOP
08-19-2009, 06:28 AM
Bonnie says boys seem to like to bleed! I told her that is because we work while they chew the fat! I reminded her I was working on a project for her so she is still sympathetic!

BUIZILLA
08-19-2009, 06:47 AM
when I was about 9ish, I fell out off a tree limb on top of a chain link fence, and impaled my right upper arm with the exposed fencing X wire above the rail in my upper arm... hung there, about 6' above the ground for about 10-15 minutes, before my dad found me... BIG hole, still have a huge scar... lost a LOT of blood... wasn't pretty...

olredalert
08-19-2009, 09:09 AM
-----Then there was the time I tore my pinkie finger off :eek:!!! My old Suburbans power back window had a way of stopping at inopportune times. I was pretty used to it. Just take the access panel off and go in and fix it. This time the spring-loaded arm came out of its gearset and caught my little finger in a pincher. I finally pulled it out and the finger was still attached by the skin on the palm side. Wrapped it all up and called my wife for assistance. She picked up and said she was busy on the other line until I managed to blurt out the severity of the problem. Went to the emergency room and just figured they would lop the remains off. I dont pick my nose with that finger anyway so I didnt much care. Jan over heard my "just lop it off, Doc" comment and later that day I had a bill for about $6000 to pay when I woke up. Oh,,, Found out after I woke up that the Doc broke a drill bit off in a bone he was trying to drill. He said he had never had such a hard time drilling a hole in a bone. Apparently I have hard bones. :bonk:........Mr.Bill

MOP
08-19-2009, 09:16 AM
Nothing like a hard bone:eek:

Ed Donnelly
08-19-2009, 09:25 AM
Now Phil remember at your age sh*t is going to happen..

Sterilize ALL your drill bits before use.

Saves on the healing time :kingme:...Ed

Just Say N20
08-19-2009, 12:36 PM
After reading all this stuff, how come we are still allowed to use power tools :nilly: :wink: .

MOP
08-19-2009, 07:34 PM
After reading all this stuff, how come we are still allowed to use power tools :nilly: :wink: .

It is the MANLY THING!

Kirk
08-19-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for reminding me of my airboat incident I lopped off the end of my thumb helping my son with an airport he built. That happend just 2 weeks after I crushed the SAME FINGER in my old 1959 Locke Trimmer Reel Mower.

Still have no feeling in the end of that thumb and the nail has never been the same!

KJ