PDA

View Full Version : 18 classic interior

NJFASTECH
08-16-2009, 01:48 PM
found these while surfing
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/1310477166.html

knots2u
08-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Bought 15 years ago from someone other than Bilt-Rite! You will be disappointed when you install the rear bench upright cushions. They should look the same on the ground as they do in the boat!

Bob

seano
08-27-2009, 01:37 PM
Bought 15 years ago from someone other than Bilt-Rite! You will be disappointed when you install the rear bench upright cushions. They should look the same on the ground as they do in the boat!
Bob

C'mon Bob...it's time to come out of retirement!

:)

Marlin275
08-27-2009, 02:25 PM
there is such a back log of orders
you could produce for a year and
make a mint?

MOP
08-27-2009, 04:30 PM
Come on Bob I need a 22 interior with blue piping to mach the boat and the new carpet you sold me!!!!!

knots2u
08-27-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm honored, really. I know I can produce them for less than PPI but I don't see enough demand at this time. I can't even sell a carpet below cost on ebay!

jstokes8407
08-27-2009, 07:28 PM
I bought a carpet off ebay it is beautiful ! I just paid 1550 for my front buckets 2 get redone . There is got 2 b a demand my buddy just bought a 69 18c and he wants new interior carpet and covers

Bobby D
08-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Ok I'll jump in, Bob also made me a nice new carpet this summer and its perfect so let’s get a head count going for who is truly interested in a new Built-Rite interior? My interior is OK but it’s not a Built-Rite and will need to be replaced soon, so put me on the list for a new 1972 18 2+3 interior.

Kirbyvv
08-28-2009, 10:04 AM
Bob did a great carpet for me a couple years ago, I'll take a new X-18 interior. Orders are piling up Bob.

jvcobra
08-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Another order for a 22 classic interior, red piping.

Conquistador_del_mar
08-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Bob,
I wanted to "pile on" here. The 2 or 3 Donzi upholsteries that you made for me in the 80s were all spectacular. I sure wish I could have bought a new set for my 1971 18' restoration from you instead of having a local man try his hand at it. It has now been a year, and I still don't have the set back from him - my fault for pre-paying a known slackard. And look at the kind of work that was posted in this thread where you pointed out that the back seats need to be curved if they are going to work right. My guess is that if you again made both the upholstery and carpet sets for the older Donzis, you would be swamped in business in very little time once the word got out - and it would get out quickly. Even if you could not do much of the work yourself, couldn't you oversee the operation and hire good talent which you could raise to your level of perfection? It would be ultra cool if you got the patterns for many or all the older NE 188th Street boats. If you need capital money to get it going again, I'd bet some guys here in this forum would provide it - :yes: This is your calling. If health or retirement issues are keeping you from getting back in the saddle, then I apologize for the push. Bill

DON N.
08-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I have a 1988 22 classic i would like a new all white interior . 2 buckets & rear 3 piece .

farmer tx
08-29-2009, 02:38 AM
Criterion SS white is on my list, also a Hornet III. Need two front buckets redone on an 86' 22-Classic to.

MOP
08-29-2009, 12:46 PM
Bob get the work lined up for this winter, grab deposits now for materials etc and lets get them done. Give us a list of prices, those that are interested I am sure will cough up with the loot. Get to work and get away from the "Honey Do's"

Phil

Newby
08-29-2009, 09:08 PM
I purchased a carpet, ****pit cover and helm seat vinyl for my 16 from Bob. I need the L-seat bottom and back to complete the interior. Put me down for white with red piping!

jl1962
08-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Me too, Bob!

White/White piping for a '67 Ski Sporter. Original still looks pretty good, but sooner rather than later.........

:crossfing: :cool!:

2donzi2
08-30-2009, 05:30 PM
need a 1972 18/2+3 and a 1967 barrelback 18 interior

seano
08-31-2009, 01:38 PM
white with blue piping for me Bob... 1969 Ski Sporter. I'll ditch the interior I just had done for mine. There's also another guy in CT that will certainly be in for a set as well.

I really hope you'll consider...you see...there is a bit of demand... :)

whaddaya need to get started? Do u still have all the equipment?

BTW, Put me down for a blue carpet for my 16...let me know where and how much to send.

Sean Olsen

JeffH
08-31-2009, 03:46 PM
I need new carpet for an 18c...could also be talked into a new interior.

Jeff

ronnie
08-31-2009, 06:56 PM
Me too !! still working on 72 c18 needs interior and 22 getting older. I'm in. Come on Bob Thanks for all the help so far too.:shades:

knots2u
09-16-2009, 09:15 AM
I can see there is some demand but just not enough to cover all the expenses of a continuing business. I can do carpet & covers but really can't do interiors out of my home, not enough room and to many commercial vehicles in the neighborhood will draw attention. Keep this thread active and lets see what demand gets to, maybe next year is the year to get back in it. I saw a few requests for carpet, please shoot me a PM for more details.

Thanks!
Bob

Donzi5150
09-16-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm in for an all white 18c interior....what kind of costs?:crossfing:

johnny50
09-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Hello, I would be interested in a White/yellow piping set. Do you still have all the moulds and templates?
Thanks
John

Donzi Racer
09-18-2009, 06:57 AM
I'm in for an all white 18c interior....what kind of costs?:crossfing:

When you are talking about Bilt Rite interior, you just pay what the man says and smile, cause you will not have to worry about it again. I bought the very last bucket seat (white with red) Bob had, just as a souvenier {sp} of his quality work. I forgot to have you sign it though Bob. That will be worth some bucks one day. If a signed Don Aronow sterring wheel brings around $1800, a Signed orig. Bilt Rite seat should be worth a little don't you think? Hmmmm? Bob, it is still in the box and the plastic. I pulled it out the other day just to admire it again. I think I hear the rumbling of a Cottage Industry here. I will sure direct all my customers to you. I will offer the very last seat by Bilt Rite Signed by Bob (if he doesn't mind) up for auction & the proceeds would go to starting Bob up again. Do it small time as it grows, would make a lot of Donzi Guys very Happy.

As usual my 2c Tom

firstafence
09-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Put me in for a complete interior and carpet +cover for 87-22c-le.:yes:

tmh
09-18-2009, 10:33 AM
The foam rubber for the cushions on my 18c are open cell foam that absorb water. Can these be sealed in plastic like the old clear vinyl furniture covers they'd advertise on TV 30 years ago? What do people do to keep the seats from absorbing salt water from skiing and swimming? Thanks!
T.M. Hayes

knots2u
09-19-2009, 09:22 AM
The foam should be wrapped in plastic, at a minimum the top surface. If there are no drain holes in the bottom of the cushions add some!

PaulO
09-19-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm in for an 18c interior also.
Paul

HOWARD O
09-28-2009, 02:12 PM
My interior is starting to look a little long in the tooth after installing your new carpet, Bob! If and when you gear up again, I think I'd be interested in a new interior for my 22 as well. :yes:

VetteLT193
09-28-2009, 03:41 PM
Bob

FWIW my original Bilt Rite Minx interior laid almost flat. The material stretched out over the years, I guess from poor storage by the previous owner :bonk:

knots2u
09-28-2009, 05:13 PM
I would say it was some serious stretching! The way the cushions are designed they naturally pull the flat foam into a curve. Show me a picture of the interior and I'll tell you if it really is Bilt-Rite.

exzebra
02-09-2011, 09:01 AM
I can see there is some demand but just not enough to cover all the expenses of a continuing business. I can do carpet & covers but really can't do interiors out of my home, not enough room and to many commercial vehicles in the neighborhood will draw attention. Keep this thread active and lets see what demand gets to, maybe next year is the year to get back in it. I saw a few requests for carpet, please shoot me a PM for more details.

Thanks!
Bob

Carpet set for 1995 18 Classic in black??

LKSD
02-10-2011, 01:57 PM
Carpet set for 1995 18 Classic in black??

I offer carpets for these boats. Feel free to call me if you are still looking.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations 570-639-2628

DAULEY
02-10-2011, 07:37 PM
bilt-rite is the best they have never done me wrong from interiors to carpet to covers
THEY ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
time to start back up? come on Bob
a lot of old donzies needing interiors

LKSD
02-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Nothing against Bobs work from back in the day, I have been doing quality interiors, covers and such myself as well for over 15 years. It keeps me pretty busy too. :)

DAULEY
02-11-2011, 08:47 AM
Nothing against Bobs work from back in the day, I have been doing quality interiors, covers and such myself as well for over 15 years. It keeps me pretty busy too. :)
do you do you work in house or subcontract your interiors out
i have been dealing with bob for years and have never been disappointed just call tell him what you need and it gets shipped out no need to bring your boat there and it fits like a glove
would really like to see him start up again

LKSD
02-11-2011, 09:30 AM
do you do you work in house or subcontract your interiors out
i have been dealing with bob for years and have never been disappointed just call tell him what you need and it gets shipped out no need to bring your boat there and it fits like a glove
would really like to see him start up again

I do my own work in house in MY shop. I have my own machines, jigs etc.. I offer several interiors in OEM configurations & have the capabilities of doing custom interiors as well.

While there are some boats that I would need to have here to do an interior on, as would any other place doing certain interiors or custom work.

There are several I have on file & that I have jigs and patterns for, including some other lines and models besides Donzi, such as early 20 cigs. I do not need the standard 16/18/22 classics and some others here to do them. I have our own jigs & patterns made directly from the hulls. I also have detailed info on oem pleating, piping, colors, materials etc...

Actually I offer & use some products that exceed the quality of what is currently being used by some competitors in our interiors. To me on some things for the negligible price difference on some materials, it is just not worth using the lesser of the options. Actually even with using some better materials on some projects, my prices still currently start off lower than some competitors...

Anyway.. Below are some pics of a few things we did that came to mind at the moment. If you need to see other pics of what I have done go to my website there are some other examples there too. I obviously cant and dont put up everything we did or are doing. If I did, I would never get any work done.. :D

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations

LKSD
02-11-2011, 09:31 AM
a few other pics of some other stuff I did as well.. ;)

LKSD
02-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Some other stuff & one of my covers I did.......

LKSD
02-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Last few...... I hope this helped answer your question as well as anyone else interested..... Gotta go, I have a bunch of stuff to do today.. Have a great holiday weekend.. :)

Jamie / Lakeside Restorations :)

dsparis
02-11-2011, 10:01 AM
Nice looking work.

LKSD
02-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Nice looking work.

Thank you.. :) Jamie

DAULEY
02-11-2011, 07:25 PM
what holiday is this weekend???????????????????
nice looking work!
need price for a 16 white with blue piping

LKSD
02-11-2011, 07:49 PM
what holiday is this weekend???????????????????
nice looking work!
need price for a 16 white with blue piping

Valentines Day weekend:) I will get back to you tomorrow unless you call me first. I am not feeling well and I am wrapping up for the evening. Is your 16 a lounger or 2+ 3 configuration.? Jamie

DAULEY
02-11-2011, 07:59 PM
lounger
v day is monday but many do celabrate on weekend

LKSD
02-12-2011, 07:09 AM
lounger
v day is monday but many do celabrate on weekend

I sent you the info this morning.. ;)