PDA

View Full Version : The Lazy P, my pinky toe and twins.....

Donziweasel
08-16-2009, 08:22 AM
I have been off Donzi.net for about a month as I have been moving. We have been in the house about 2 weeks now. Most of our stuff is still in the garage and shop as we have not had time to move it in the main house or decorate. Absolutly amazing and it is better than my wildest dreams. The serenity, views and mountains are beyond words. The house doesn't suck either!!!!

Teton County took 2900.00 of my damn money to make sure I plant 3 evergreens, 3 non-evergreens, and some bushes. On top of that, the bank has been all over me to finish the landscaping and driveway. So, I have been running a backhoe for the last week. Framed out the whole driveway in pressure treated 4x4's. Been laying and compacting 3/4 inch crushed with a Dynapac. For the landscaping, I have been grading the yard and moving the foundation dirt. I am against the gun as I have a sprinkler system being installed next week. I will post pics when I have the trees planted, yard fully graded and seeded.

The twins are good, are now 3 1/2 months old. Both are fussy, but it has been a big month for them too. Boo Boo is an amazing mother and has patience with them I that I will never have. Jean is the serious one, but a beautiful little baby girl. Brooks isn't quite as good looking, but his personality is awesome. He is a real ham. Laughs, smiles and gurgles all daqy to himself. Funny little guy. I am very blessed to have them both, even if I haven't had much time to spend with them due to the Lazy P needs. I will post some pics with the house next week or the week after.

I can honestly say this has been the most stressful and worst month of my life. Moving with 3 month old twins was bad enough. Then, I threw my back out during the move. Even had to get an epidural shot in L-4 L-5. With a completely FUBAR back, I had to run the back hoe for 5 days. Anyone who has ever run a backhoe can attest to how much it grinds on your back. The only thing worse is a Bobcat. Finally, yesterday morning at around 5:00 AM on my shift to take care of the twins, I kicked a chair by mistake and broke my pinky toe. While hobbling around at 5:00 AM this morning, I kicked the same F*&^%$#@ CHAIR AGAIN WITH THE SAME f*&%^%$^ TOE! Dropped me like a sack of potatoes. Damn thing looks like a swollen Vienna sausage.

While it has been a horrible month, it has had it's rewards. The driveway and yard look great for an amature landscaper. Being in the house after a year and a half of construction and aggravation has been good too. It is also nice to be back near Jackson, not 35 miles away.

Well, with my pinky toe broke, my back screwed, I am on the couch for a few days. I actually need a little down time as I have been going almost 20 hours a day for 3 weeks. I am really run down.

Don't know when I will be able to post again, but hopefully as soon as I am done with the landscaping. Still have to move our stuff in, finish the bunkhouse and the shop. Got another busy month ahead. Anyone want to come help? :wink:

Last Real Texan
08-16-2009, 04:56 PM
Happy to hear you are still alive....I have tried calling a couple of times but the back hoe must be more fun....Sounds like the family and the ranch are all good!

Tex

VetteLT193
08-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Hang in there bro. Get better first... after that, I can't wait to see pics of the Lazy P and the family.

Then I can't wait to see it in person!!!!!!:convertib:

mike o
08-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Just think, You could be grrrr-inding away fiberglass in the hot sun.:kingme:

gold-n-rod
08-16-2009, 09:05 PM
puzzy.

:wink:

BUIZILLA
08-16-2009, 09:20 PM
how's the chair doing?

Ghost
08-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Sounds like one of those times that suck but see a lot getting done. Hang in there. (Wireless should be easy to set up--take all the defaults. Anyone close enough to intercept your net you should be shooting for trespassing anyhow...)

The Hedgehog
08-16-2009, 11:23 PM
Sounds like someone has a much deserved trip to the Gulf Coast coming!

MOP
08-17-2009, 06:49 AM
Heal soon it will be so worth the effort, the castle is almost complete life will be sweet!

Phil

yeller
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
This made me laugh:

While hobbling around at 5:00 AM this morning, I kicked the same F*&^%$#@ CHAIR AGAIN WITH THE SAME f*&%^%$^ TOE! Dropped me like a sack of potatoes. Damn thing looks like a swollen Vienna sausage.

Then I saw this and cracked up:

how's the chair doing?

Sorry DW. You know how it goes....it's always funny when someone else hurts themselves. :wink: :biggrin:

chappy
08-18-2009, 07:43 AM
Hang in there Johnnyalltrans, looking forward to pics. You're like Ben Cartwright with your very own Ponderosa.:cool: