PDA

View Full Version : EBAY - 1986 donzi 22' hornet 3 bowrider

RW2003
08-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Just came across this project boat on Ebay. 1986 donzi 22' hornet 3 bowrider.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220467389166&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Text from Listing:
1986 donzi 22' hornet 3 bowrider Vehicle Description
not much to say about boat, it is a hornet 3 which is 1 of 7 made by donzi, not sure of #, boat needs total interior redo,boat is set up for a 454 chevy which is on the engine stand needing a complete rebuild kit with crank. If your looking for a classic donzi to redo this would be a great boat thanks for looking Brad

Just Say N20
08-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Oooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaay. . . . .:boggled:

mattyboy
08-16-2009, 08:06 AM
we have discussed this one before a long time ago ( that boat) . If I remember correctly the consensus was:
they did make a version of the 21Z as a bow rider and did call it a Hornet would not be a hornet 3 they didn't make alot of them if fact that is the only one I have ever seen. the boat pictured could not be confused with the lineage of the original hornets, but was a departure into the world of bigger boats from Donzi. The Staple era is the one responsible for laying the ground work for Donzi in the modern world of deep vees over 28 feet. what you are looking at is the forefather of the 28zxo.

NJFASTECH
08-16-2009, 08:38 AM
ZB-21 according to the original brochure and price guide. Hope this contribution helps.

mattyboy
08-16-2009, 08:51 AM
:) yes it does thanks, the thread i found mentions the hornet and i think it was the same boat 454 bowrider but the add and listing and pic are all gone now. from the looks of it we tried to see if it was a regazza, a hornetIII, then realized it was a z21
regardless if it is a "hornet" or a ZB21 it is a rare boat.

don't take this the wrong way but WTF were you 6 years ago when we first discussed the boat ??? ;) :) only kidding

one thing is true with the increase in members here the info as also increased ( that also comes with some mis-information but such is life), seems everyone is bringing something to the table. discussions we had years ago have been validated with proof but some have been or need to be corrected because of info that has become available since the original discussion.

thanks NJfastech :)

NJFASTECH
08-16-2009, 09:34 AM
Let me try to clean it up and add the HornetIII from the brochure.
I am a contractor not a computer wiz but I'll Try here you go.

mattyboy
08-16-2009, 09:46 AM
NJ

very nice great info where in NJ are you?

I have a framed poster of the 85 line up i think don't want to try and unframe it to find the date

it has

the

the minx
the 22
the hornetIII
the z25
the z29
the z 33

NJFASTECH
08-16-2009, 10:06 AM
We are on Long Beach Island. The brochure I bought on Ebay 9 years ago for 14.00 Has the full line also from the 18 2+3 to the Z-65 "Damdonzi"
It sure would be cool to know if someone out there had the photoshoot boat. The 353 fastech I had was the Miami dealers meeting Boat.Iguess the damdonzi is the only one that would know I assume it is still around?

mattyboy
08-16-2009, 10:13 AM
the Z 65 was Mr Staples boat I believe they still have it they also have a z25 without the portholes on the side

LBI is a great place spent many summer vacations there when the kids were little last time I was there a year or so ago i couldn't get over all the new homes. the terrace tavern , Buckalew's and the beach haven fishery were my favorite stops

Just Say N20
08-16-2009, 10:25 AM
Great information!

I had to do it. My iMAC is too heavy to hold sideways for very long. :biggrin:

NJFASTECH
08-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Ah yes old Bucalew's was even better Terrace was better when it was open year around now it is a bit touristy but still awesom selection of Tequillas. Been here since 69 full timing since 76 I was 14 you could stand on the boulevard at 6 pm in october and not see a car for hours. Went to the Dutchman's last nite for drinks.And yes quite a few of the new homes are my fault:wink: we are bayfront in Ship Bottom awaiting the 86 minx to be completed anyday maybe this afternoon I'm told then I just need to install the windshield and interior and beg my son to let me use it:eek::yes:

BUIZILLA
08-16-2009, 10:28 AM
there is only one Z25 ever made without portholes... and it has a 454/TRS

NJFASTECH
08-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Great information!

I had to do it. My iMAC is too heavy to hold sideways for very long. :biggrin:
Ya my bad:bonk:Were the pictures clear? the PDF's are crysal clear but you need adobe to veiw and I did rotate it first.
JIm

mattyboy
08-16-2009, 10:38 AM
yes I forgot that part Jim, it was made specialy for the Staple Family.

we stayed in beach haven north .

the new homes are awesome. is wida's still there that was another stop we made for the irish wake nights. do you remember the Donzi dealership that was out on rt 72 in Manahawkin?? that was a long time ago last time i past the building it is a furniture store i think it had a big rocking chair out front

well enuff of that now post some pics of the minx :yes:

NJFASTECH
08-16-2009, 10:40 AM
there is only one Z25 ever made without portholes... and it has a 454/TRS
do you know what color?

BUIZILLA
08-16-2009, 10:50 AM
...red...

NJFASTECH
08-16-2009, 10:53 AM
yes I forgot that part Jim, it was made specialy for the Staple Family.

we stayed in beach haven north .

the new homes are awesome. is wida's still there that was another stop we made for the irish wake nights. do you remember the Donzi dealership that was out on rt 72 in Manahawkin?? that was a long time ago last time i past the building it is a furniture store i think it had a big rocking chair out front

well enuff of that now post some pics of the minx :yes:

Yes It was Bennets Chevrelot and RV. A few years back someone bought Wida's and poured a couple million into it and is now Daddy O's what a shame been there once since :garfield:Irish wake night was the best and Joe made a mean prime rib.I will get my son to post them minx pics I don't want to steal his thunder. Even though I bought the boat back in 02 split it did the glass and back burnerd it till I gave it to him to finish and he took it from there it is sweet to say the least.I am actually jealous.You may see some pics when I started I was also SS18 from here I wish I could find a way to log in but I don't remember my old email adress to get my password.

87Minx
08-16-2009, 01:04 PM
Heres some pics,

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u254/JerseyImage/Donziaug1.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u254/JerseyImage/donziaug2.jpg
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u254/JerseyImage/donziaug3.jpg

RW2003
08-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Oooooooooookaaaaaaaaaaaaay. . . . .:boggled:

See what a good discussion this ad sparked? Learned a bit about a rare(?) and sort of misnamed boat with a bit of known history, viewed some vintage Donzi promo material, and talked about LBI. :)

NJFASTECH
08-20-2009, 07:20 AM
2 more
http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/1274696732.html
http://baltimore.craigslist.org/boa/1299148301.html
The one in Baltimore is a cuddy still waiting for pics of both