PDA

View Full Version : One week after 1,000 Islands

Ed Donnelly
08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Well I had a blast at 1,000 Islands and this was the first time in 4 yrs the boat was in the water .. I had a company do a little work on the boat which turned out to be a $6,000 labour (labor) charge. What was supposed to be hook up seawater pump hoses, align belts, and solder 4 wires on the alternator...

Well first Fred drove the boat from the trailor to the dock forward gear but no throttle. Mop found the problem in 2 mins and I repaired in 3

Couldn't plane out below 30 m.p.h. as drive would't go in
2 new senders that I didn't need not set up

Major water leak as 1 1/4 water line was rubbing against the alternator belt
Had to drive the rest of the day with no alternator belt
Thanks again to Mop for the 2 rolls of tape

Oil all over the battery. Traced to loose connection on K plane briaded hose

A lot of water was getting in from the transom, as, there was no silicone around the pipes going through the transom..

New sea water pump works great.. Still don't see what was wrong with my
old one..

New power steering and transmission coolers working great, but don't see what is wrong with the old ones...

They never did install the oil cooler that they insisted I needed and the only part I told them to go ahead and install..

Never dreamt they would pull my engine without my o.k.

I could go on and on..
Putting the original valve covers back on, as you don't want to know why the 2 piece are comming off...
I paid the $6,000 labour.. I will never pay for the parts.......Ed

Oh nearly forgot No thermostat and pick up for the exhaust was taken off the intake manifold, not the crossover

BlownCrewCab
08-15-2009, 09:44 PM
What?????? Should I Call them??????? I can make someone feel like a half sized pecker pretty well (so my wife says) I'll call them if you want.........

MOP
08-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Ed it was super nice to finally put the face with the numerous phone calls and what evers! You in my eyes have to be one of the most tolerant low keyed guys I have ever had the pleasure to meet! That shop did not even use "Vaseline"!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would be suing the krap out of them, but you did explain the Canada thing. A couple of gallons of gas would make a satisfying sight!!!!!!!! Again Ed it was a pleasure and that goes for each and everyone that came, the running, shooting the bull and eating/hanging was hard to beat.

Phil

glashole
08-17-2009, 06:44 AM
Ed

sorry to hear you are having issues

hope it all works out

Shea

Tim Morris
08-17-2009, 03:02 PM
You in my eyes have to be one of the most tolerant low keyed guys I have ever had the pleasure to meet!
Phil

I noticed that too. I think we're cut from the same cloth -
no cursing, loud voices or difficult opinions in front of your daughter.

Save it for later; I think you should turn BCC loose on 'em myself.