PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Donzi Hornet III for sale on Ebay - NR!

RW2003
08-14-2009, 10:45 PM
(FYI... This is NOT my boat.. I don't even own a boat let alone a Donzi... yet. The text below is just a cut/paste from the ebay ad. I have no idea who the seller is or the validity of what he has written. I can say the boat looks and sound good in the pics and videos!)

Big block power!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi-classic-Hornet-restored-07-Video-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ150365820799QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPo wer_Motorboats?hash=item230280577f&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14#v4-32

This is a very rare Donzi Hornet III that has been completely restored and upgraded in 2007. This boat has been used in fresh water only. The hull is very similar to the Donzi 22 Classic or 2+3 hull with the exception of being specifically designed to handle very rough water. The bow has a very aggressive flare which keeps the bow from taking water over the top. This entire hull is very strong and it was built by the original Donzi Company. The transom is brand new and the stringers have been upgraded to handle the power of an 800 hp drive line.
This is another one of my personal toys that I just don’t have time to use. So I’m selling it to the highest bidder rather than let her collect dust.

This boat has always received much attention and many compliments about its looks and sound. Its shows like a brand new boat but with the classic look and she sounds like a dragster. Here are a few video links of her running. The camera really doesn’t do it justice and the yahoo video quality isn’t the best but you can get the idea. She looks and sounds mean!

Video links

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4436163/11892303 (http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4436163/11892303)
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5735412/15022990

BUIZILLA
08-15-2009, 07:38 AM
The hull is very similar to the Donzi 22 Classic or 2+3 hull with the exception of being specifically designed to handle very rough water. i'm soooo confused.. :nilly:

hdsadey
08-15-2009, 08:25 AM
I got a good question? How's he gettin an alpha drive to hold up to 500hp? Or capable of 800hp!

boats74
08-15-2009, 09:40 AM
I got a good question? How's he gettin an alpha drive to hold up to 500hp? Or capable of 800hp!
Sure looks like a TRS to me...

BUIZILLA
08-15-2009, 10:03 AM
this is a TRS BW combo, can't be broken.... and, yes, I am current high bidder..

Lenny
08-15-2009, 11:02 AM
.... and, yes, I am current high bidder..

I can't imagine you going into this blind. I take it Cliff has looked at itt for you,... or someone similar. ?

:D

Good luck

BUIZILLA
08-15-2009, 11:06 AM
I can't imagine you going into this blind. I take it Cliff has looked at itt for you,... or someone similar. ?
:D Good luck it's not in CT..

Just Say N20
08-15-2009, 12:30 PM
Gorgeous boat.

HOWARD O
08-15-2009, 05:34 PM
Same colors as my '82. Gosh, wouldn't that look nice sittin' next to it!

I need a financial windfall and I need it NOW!

Good luck, Jim! It's a BEAUTY! :yes:

ZekesterbluH3
08-23-2009, 08:30 PM
sells in 20 minutes, it's at 14K, I have the rat rod version of this ship : )

olredalert
08-23-2009, 08:56 PM
-----Soooo,,,,,,,,Buick boy. Were you the high bidder at the important moment??? :crossfing::party::kingme:........Mr.Bill

BUIZILLA
08-23-2009, 08:58 PM
nope, too many other bidders with ZERO or ONE history... :popcorn:

Scott Pearson
08-23-2009, 09:36 PM
This whole auction stinks...someone is pushing the bid up. I bet this boat is back up one ebay again soon...with some BS story about the guy not having the money or his dog got sick or he had to get a new car for his 98 year old grandma...some crap like that.....:bonk:

BUIZILLA
08-23-2009, 09:38 PM
more than one pusher...

Just Say N20
08-23-2009, 10:28 PM
Just curious how you know this?

I hate auctions.

motorcity
08-27-2009, 09:56 PM
Its baaaack!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi-classic-Hornet-restored-07-Video-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14 QQhashZitem2302aa1789QQitemZ150368556937QQptZPower Q5fMotorboats

fogducker III
08-27-2009, 10:13 PM
This whole auction stinks...someone is pushing the bid up. I bet this boat is back up one ebay again soon...with some BS story about the guy not having the money or his dog got sick or he had to get a new car for his 98 year old grandma...some crap like that.....:bonk:

You called it to a T...........well done, I agree Ebay.........sucks ass..:yes:

Conquistador_del_mar
08-27-2009, 10:33 PM
nope, too many other bidders with ZERO or ONE history... :popcorn:

Jim,
Don't be surprised if you get a second chance offer from the seller in a day or two. Bill

Sorry, I just realized that there was page 2 announcing the auction is relisted.

BUIZILLA
08-28-2009, 06:56 AM
Jim,
Don't be surprised if you get a second chance offer from the seller in a day or two. Bill I just got a second and third offer this week on a Formula that I was bidding on as well... you won't see me in this scam this time around..

TOPSY II
08-28-2009, 07:18 AM
If the "clown" calls offer him $5,000.00! and have him deliver it! I followed the listing as well, couldn't BELIEVE it ran up to $14K +, PULEEZE!!!
Then the lame story of the high bidder "just lost his job"...

Hello? Does the bus for Amarillo stop here?

That's what I love about this site, most of members watch each others backs, even when they don't know them personally other than through the years of the Registry. :cool:

IT's ALL GOOD GUYS!

Topsy II

1986 Minx #59
Bender Speed Skiff # JS-74

Dredgeking
08-28-2009, 08:39 AM
I have sold several vehicles on ebay. They all went pretty well, but I have never purchased a vehicle on ebay. I don't think I've used ebay for a couple years or more. There are too many things that can go wrong with an auction. I don't even like the Craigslist ads posted here. If the boat isn't owned by a forum member, then I don't even consider it.

I'd rather just buy a boat from someone on this forum. Even though it is still the internet, there seems to be comradery and trust here.

Just Say N20
08-28-2009, 09:12 AM
-----------------------OFF TRACK POSTING----------------------

Topsy,

Any videos of your Jersey Skiff running? I love those things!

-----------------OFF TRACK POSTING COMPLETE---------------

Scott Pearson
08-28-2009, 12:13 PM
Listed again! I called this one just as it was going to happen. Bidder lost his job...what an excuse...next the seller will say the bidders dog ate his money! What an A**Hole...I hope he dosn't get S**T for his boat. FKN Jerk....really makes things bad for a serious buyer....Man, This pisses me off!!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi-classic-Hornet-restored-07-Video-NO-RESERVE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14 QQhashZitem2302aa1789QQitemZ150368556937QQptZPower Q5fMotorboats

NLMO
08-29-2009, 01:53 AM
I can't comment on the boat or auction. But I can verify the pictures and video were taken at Merritt Island (Kelly Park ramp) use it to pull my boats out. I have never personally seen the boat in these waters but sure looks and sounds sweet .

joseph m. hahnl
08-29-2009, 01:41 PM
I have sold several vehicles on ebay. They all went pretty well, but I have never purchased a vehicle on ebay. I don't think I've used ebay for a couple years or more. There are too many things that can go wrong with an auction. I don't even like the Craigslist ads posted here. If the boat isn't owned by a forum member, then I don't even consider it.

I'd rather just buy a boat from someone on this forum. Even though it is still the internet, there seems to be comradery and trust here.

I bought my Minx of I boats. No bidding just the price it's listed for and national exposure. I did however Offer $500 more than the asking price to levy any deal that was made before. It worked and I got the boat.

mrfixxall
09-05-2009, 03:14 PM

Scott you guessed rite:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Donzi-classic-Hornet-restored-07-Video-NO-RESERVE_W0QQitemZ150368556937QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPo wer_Motorboats?hash=item2302aa1789&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14

BUIZILLA
09-05-2009, 07:22 PM
same group of clown bidders as last time..

oledawg
09-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Hey guys, I actually bid on the Hornet the 1st time around and had the same reaction, ie lots of bidders that had never bought anything were in the final running. Definitely smelled like a shill, but who knows. Didn't bid 2nd round because I actually ended up winning the '88 Donzi Classice 22 2+3 sight unseen. Story on that was that seller was not actually the owner, was a "friend", and trust me, even if this turns out to be a good buy, DO NOT BUY A BOAT W/O SEEING IT. This seller was totally into "caveat emptor", if you didn't ask about something then he for sure didn't tell you about it. OK, that said, I put the boat in the water yesterday and overall it is awesome, but then again, I am a Correct Craft guy. Fires up, sounds like NASCAR come to the lake, runs like stink, and most everything seems OK, but I am still making my "to do" notes. Needs some TLC, but that I can do. Handles a lot differently than my 454 CC, I actually was runing about 65 today, hit a wave strangely I guess and ended up sort of laid down sideways in the water! I held on to the wheel and the throttle and it pulled back momentarily, but hey, LOL, I need some tips on driving this thing! I "ride" my CC but this Donzi obviously needs to be "driven"!

Cottell
09-14-2009, 04:29 PM
I was the high bidder in the second auction. Havent seen it yet as the owner had to go away, sure hope it is everything claimed. I will be bringing it to the Bahamas. This will be my second Hornet 3rd Donzi I have also owned Cigarette,Magnum, Formula.
Eric

oledawg
09-14-2009, 06:47 PM
Looked like a really nice boat but I never saw it in person, but I did have several conversations with the owner, Craig. Bids just went higher than I wanted to go. If all he said is true then you have an awesome Donzi. Good luck! :)

nuttyboater
09-17-2009, 07:29 AM
I saw an ad for this boat on oodle.com for 8200.00.
Are you saying this has been sold? The ad is only a week old...

oledawg
09-18-2009, 05:37 AM
Hope that the oodle boat for $8,200 is not the same one. Heck, I bid alot more than that! Think that I have the seller's email, I will see what the deal is.:wink:

Donzi Racer
09-18-2009, 06:35 AM
I was the high bidder in the second auction. Havent seen it yet as the owner had to go away, sure hope it is everything claimed. I will be bringing it to the Bahamas. This will be my second Hornet 3rd Donzi I have also owned Cigarette,Magnum, Formula.
Eric

We live right here at Merrit Island and tried to get in touch with the owner a couple times to see the boat and he was too busy! So I quit paying attn. to it. If you ever get in touch with him, and need someone to view it for you, just give me a call. Tom 256-777-0844

PS of course no Charge!

PSS I have seen quite a few ads on this new oogle that sure look awfully fishy to me. Perfect Scam site with low prices and then when you send the deposit, you don't see no Boat, No money, NO NOTHING! One of the boats we paid $7000 for showed up there for $3800 a few days later.

Tom

chappy
09-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Eric

Congrats Eric, and welcome to the board. Please show us pics of your first Hornet, as well as the Cig, Magnum, and Formula, as we all enjoy those makes.

Thanks in advance.

NJFASTECH
09-19-2009, 09:09 AM
I saw an ad for this boat on oodle.com for 8200.00.
Are you saying this has been sold? The ad is only a week old...

That site is full of scams the Long Island Minx that was up a month or so back is on there for 4700.00

mike o
09-19-2009, 10:07 AM
That site is full of scams the Long Island Minx that was up a month or so back is on there for 4700.00And... The $8000 white and yellow 18 is a SCAM... Thats hot shot Mick's 18, Its different now with a new paint job. This oogle site is :yes:....Scam City.

oledawg
10-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Did this guy ever get his boat? Just curious.:wink:

Cottell
10-04-2009, 02:40 AM
I did fly up and have a look at the Hornet. The "scam ad" almost put me off but the boat seems to be as advertised. Sounds like a funny car!
I am writing from Singapore, the boat is on it's way to Nassau.
When I get home I will let you know how she perfoems and send some photos of my old Arrnow boats.
Best,
Eric

Donzi Racer
10-04-2009, 09:44 PM
I did fly up and have a look at the Hornet. The "scam ad" almost put me off but the boat seems to be as advertised. Sounds like a funny car!
I am writing from Singapore, the boat is on it's way to Nassau.
When I get home I will let you know how she perfoems and send some photos of my old Arrnow boats.
Best,
Eric

Great to hear it Eric, let us know how it goes and pics would be great. Tom

flying tomato
02-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Just saw an add for the same boat on oogle. Selling price is 8k or so. I sent an e-mail to oogle's fraud dept.

I offered 6k, and someone actually acted interested, however couldn't type in gramatically correct english. (Usually a big red flag when the other end cant spell correctly or put sentances together better than a 3rd grader.)