PDA

View Full Version : Volvo Lower...

penbroke
08-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Sadly, after 42 years of service my AQ200 is making some bad noises. To her credit she did not leave me stranded on the water and we were able to limp back to the ramp on out own.

Anyways, I'm in need of a decent 250/270 lower with the 1.61:1 gearset for the old girl. I would consider complete drives as well but I have several already with the wrong gears so just the lower would be fine.

Tell me what you've got and what you need for it.

Thanks,
Frank :wrench:
penbroke(a)yahoo.com

Conquistador_del_mar
08-09-2009, 11:26 PM
Sadly, after 42 years of service my AQ200 is making some bad noises. To her credit she did not leave me stranded on the water and we were able to limp back to the ramp on out own.

Anyways, I'm in need of a decent 250/270 lower with the 1.61:1 gearset for the old girl. I would consider complete drives as well but I have several already with the wrong gears so just the lower would be fine.

Thanks,
penbroke(a)yahoo.com

Frank,
I will check tomorrow to see if a backup lower I bought is the 1:61 ratio. I haven't even taken it out of the box since buying it last year for my Donzi restoration in case I wanted to change the e-drive back to stock. Bill

Conquistador_del_mar
08-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Frank,
I will check tomorrow to see if a backup lower I bought is the 1:61 ratio. I haven't even taken it out of the box since buying it last year for my Donzi restoration in case I wanted to change the e-drive back to stock. Bill

I unboxed it today. It is a 270 lower unit in very good condition (both gears and looks), but it is unfortunately a 2.0+ ratio (a smidgeon over two turns of the drive shaft to the prop shaft). Sorry about that. Bill

penbroke
08-10-2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks for checking Bill. I really appreciate it. That sounds like the "4-cyl" ratio which I already have a couple of.

Frank
Still looking...:crossfing:

Conquistador_del_mar
08-10-2009, 11:59 PM
Thanks for checking Bill. I really appreciate it. That sounds like the "4-cyl" ratio which I already have a couple of.

Frank
Still looking...:crossfing:

Out of curiosity, would the 2:1 ratio lower be as strong as the B geared lower? Could a guy go with a higher pitch prop to make up for the gearing? I might eventually want to install a regular lower foot is the reason I ask. Bill

penbroke
08-11-2009, 07:15 AM
Out of curiosity, would the 2:1 ratio lower be as strong as the B geared lower? Could a guy go with a higher pitch prop to make up for the gearing? I might eventually want to install a regular lower foot is the reason I ask. Bill

I wondered the same. Come on over here (http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58983) and jump in.

Frank

penbroke
08-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Still looking...

Frank

Conquistador_del_mar
08-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Still looking...

Frank

Frank,
Have you been looking in your local craigslist? You might try running an ad in the boat section of it to see if anyone responds to a wanted advertisement. Bill

kjly63
08-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Still looking...
Frank

Frank,

I have an extra 270 A drive as a spare. Let me know if you are interested.

Kenny

Conquistador_del_mar
09-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Thanks,
penbroke(a)yahoo.com

Frank,
I found and bought a good B ratio (1.61) complete 270 outdrive package from a boat that was going to the landfill for very little ($200). I want to keep it as a backup for my 18' Donzi. I found another one in our local Craigslist that I could also remove and send to you, but I don't know what you might be willing to pay for the lower foot and any other parts off of it that you might need like the trim motor, upper gear set, transom assembly, Chevy bell housing, etc. It is also a 270 B ratio drive from a Bayliner CX 225. The man wants more for it, but I could drive the 100 miles and remove the entire package if you still need the lower foot and any associated parts from it. I really don't know what the parts are worth. Let me know your thoughts before I spend the time and money. Bill

mrfixxall
09-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Bill i also found this one,may save him on shipping cost and you the trouble.

http://delaware.craigslist.org/boa/1345109103.html

also http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/boa/1364977696.html

penbroke
09-12-2009, 09:23 PM
I just got in from an ill fated delivery and have not seen any posts since my "still looking". I will get back to everybody when things settle out...

Thanks,
Frank
Long distance boat buying sucks...

vrod02
09-15-2009, 09:09 PM
I've got 4 or 5 sittin around

bcmunsell@charter.net
Barry 314 565 8095

penbroke
09-16-2009, 07:49 AM
You have mail.

Thanks,