PDA

View Full Version : Finally found a boat!

LKSD
08-09-2009, 01:20 PM
Going this week to pick up another boat for us... Found a 1988 22 Donzi Testarossa...Great condition...all original and unrestored. Trailer is a bit faded...

We will post pics when we get it after next weekend.. Jay wants to do a little magic with its power And add some other stuff (New style bravo X and Latham hydraulic steering, even though the existing bravo & stuff seems nice already). Everyone knows we are picky.. lol J, will also do some other cosmetics to get the boat in show room condition first.. He wants it like the pic in the brochure...

Not looking forward to the 12-14 hour ride each way..Good times LOL:nilly:

Now on to the quest for a bigger boat for boat # 2..... LOL :) But at the rate it has been going it will probably take about a year to find another perfect fit.. lol :wink: At least J will have some $$ recuperation time.. lol :kingme: Kristin

The Hedgehog
08-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Going this week to pick up another boat for us... Found a 1988 22 Donzi Testarossa...Great condition...all original and unrestored. Trailer is a bit faded...
We will post pics when we get it after next weekend.. Jay wants to do a little magic with its power And add some other stuff (New style bravo X and Latham hydraulic steering, even though the existing bravo & stuff seems nice already). Everyone knows we are picky.. lol J, will also do some other cosmetics to get the boat in show room condition first.. He wants it like the pic in the brochure...
Not looking forward to the 12-14 hour ride each way..Good times LOL:nilly:
Now on to the quest for a bigger boat for boat # 2..... LOL :) But at the rate it has been going it will probably take about a year to find another perfect fit.. lol :wink: At least J will have some $$ recuperation time.. lol :kingme: Kristin

Nice,

Have you sold the 26?

Just Say N20
08-09-2009, 01:24 PM
From the Detroit area. . . .?

LKSD
08-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Nice,
Have you sold the 26?

I havent had that since about the turn of the year.. We were going to go and add some more power to the 26 & upgrade a bunch of stuff & go nutz, but then she started pushing for bigger boat yet & liked the idea of also having something smaller too.

In the mean time ( and lack of time ) We had some family things going on with Kristins Dad having cancer & her Grandmother also not doing well. So we thought it would be best to part with it & slowly look for something different again as we straightend out the family stuff & other things. It just seemed too expensive to have the 26 sitting as a paper weight & thought maybe now is a good time to get the best of both wolds in boat size.. :) Jamie

LKSD
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
From the Detroit area. . . .?

No I wish, Detriot would actually be closer for us.. It's on Lake Michigan. :) J

The Hedgehog
08-09-2009, 01:54 PM
I havent had that since about the turn of the year.. We were going to go and add some more power to the 26 & upgrade a bunch of stuff & go nutz, but then she started pushing for bigger boat yet & liked the idea of also having something smaller too.
In the mean time ( and lack of time ) We had some family things going on with Kristins Dad having cancer & her Grandmother also not doing well. So we thought it would be best to part with it & slowly look for something different again as we straightend out the family stuff & other things. It just seemed too expensive to have the 26 sitting as a paper weight & thought maybe now is a good time to get the best of both wolds in boat size.. :) Jamie

Sorry about the family situation. I wish you the best.

I can understand what you mean about having the best of both worlds.

Take care

gcarter
08-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Congratulations Jamie and Kristin!
Have a good trip picking it up.
I like this picture...it's a TR from California that's been for sale for awhile. It's actually my avatar;

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41424&d=1230210793

Just Say N20
08-09-2009, 03:51 PM
No I wish, Detriot would actually be closer for us.. It's on Lake Michigan. :) J

Me too. We live in Grand Rapids, but boat out of Whitehall, White Lake to be precise, onto Lake Michigan. Shoot me a PM if there is anything I can to do help from this end.

Bill

LKSD
08-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Congratulations Jamie and Kristin!
Have a good trip picking it up.
I like this picture...it's a TR from California that's been for sale for awhile. It's actually my avatar;

http://www.donzi.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=41424&d=1230210793

Thanks George.. :)

I have seen that pic before too.. Pretty cool pic.. We had also seen that for sale, but got a bad vibe from it as it seems to have like you said been for sale for a long time & come up a lot in searches..

Jamie :) :convertib:

LKSD
08-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Me too. We live in Grand Rapids, but boat out of Whitehall, White Lake to be precise, onto Lake Michigan. Shoot me a PM if there is anything I can to do help from this end.
Bill

I think we have it covered, but thanks, for the offer.. :)
Jamie :boat:

mrfixxall
08-09-2009, 08:56 PM
Ok so is in,in, mi, il or wi?:wink:

Sweet Cheekz
08-09-2009, 09:13 PM
Congrats Jamie
I looked at this boat a few weeks ago for a friend Very nice!
Parnell

LKSD
08-10-2009, 07:28 AM
ok so is in,in, mi, il or wi?:wink:

mi... :)

LKSD
08-14-2009, 12:48 PM
Finally a few pics before we get her back home .....What a long ride to get her .....Waiting for the new tires to get on her before the long ride back.. They were definately the original tires LOL. All and all great shape....However we are very picky. I already have my list of thiings to do on her when I get back and over the winter hopefully. J&K

chappy
08-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Very nice, best of luck with it Jamie.:cool:

BUIZILLA
08-14-2009, 12:55 PM
aren't Testarosa's supposed to have tan interior? :wink:

LKSD
08-14-2009, 12:56 PM
A few more...

LKSD
08-14-2009, 01:07 PM
aren't Testarosa's supposed to have tan interior? :wink:

Didnt we chat about this on Friday? ... lol :) I am probably going to fab one in savanah beige to mimic the Testarossa car. I was already was at my friends checking out color matches on his Ferrari Testarossa. I have the info on the TR editions & I got the original books with the boat as well, but this was an original gray interior.. :) Jamie

LKSD
08-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Very nice, best of luck with it Jamie.:cool:

Thanks Rich.. We will have to get together one of these days and have a D run on the pack for all of us guys in PA & close to it.. :) I know there is a nice guy who works at a nice resort by there that can probably line people up with good accomodations if they are traveling.. He is big into Donzi's too.. He has a nice yellow & white 18'... Nice client of mine too.. lol :D I know I have been saying it for a while, I guess I will have to get off my ass one day & help put this together at some point.. :D Jamie