PDA

View Full Version : HACKINTOSH DELL MINI Computers

harbormaster
08-08-2009, 06:54 AM
A few months ago I horsetraded for a Dell Mini 9 netbook. this is a really versatile machine. I have loaded it up with XP, LINUX, Windows 7 and Mac OS X each with no problems. I liked it so much with the Mac OS that I purchased Leopard OSX 10.5.8 and installed it on it. EVERYTHING WORKS!
It thinks the built in wireless is an aircard, and even recognizes the built in webcam.

So now I have a small mac netbook! I received most of the useful info on this install from MYDELLMINI.COM. Jamie Russell, the photographer who shoots offshore racing photos from a helicopter uses macs. He liked mine so much that I set up a Dell Mini 10 for him as a portable mac to carry around his photos on. I can't recommend these little computer high enough.

thokon
08-09-2009, 02:00 AM
Hi,

yours was about the only forum entry about a Mini 9 and 10.5.8. I hesitate to update mine. What tool did you use?

Cheers

MOP
08-13-2009, 12:25 PM
I am on my Acer mini right now, I think they are all made by the same firm. I have been comparing the various models, except for badges and HD's snd memory they all seem to have the same stuff. I tried the Dell battery on mine fit and worked, the Acer forums has tons of info and tweaks that may be of interest. http://www.aspireoneuser.com/forum/ There are a few mini forums worth checking. I love mine sure beats the heck out of lugging a fulln sized lap top, its wifi range is very good I can get a good connection most anywhere.

Phil

MOP
08-13-2009, 02:24 PM
Update!!!!!!!!!!!! I was told no way could I get wifi on the island, well for ****z and giggles I fired up the mini on the porch of the island. I am about 500 feet from the marinas wifi and am online, note Chachi knows the marina is a small boat hike away. Gave me quite a kick hooking up this far away, says a lot for the mini's wifi capabilities! Great travel companion!!

harbormaster
08-16-2009, 01:17 PM
The MSIwin OSX install cd works on alot of netbooks. I used the procedure I found on mydellmini.com. you use a cd call dellefi to prepare for the OSX install. I purchased OS X 10.5.6 and installed it. I can connect to the apple site and download system updates no problem. the onboard broadcom wireless card is seen as an apple Airport card. Let me know if I can help.