PDA

View Full Version : Turbos

zelatore
08-07-2009, 06:05 PM
OK, not strictly Donzi related, but I figure Buiz or Poodle or somebody out there might have some contacts for Turbo rebuilders/parts sellers.

Got a couple Volvo 74P's with bad turbos. One just has a slightly damaged impeller. The thing could clearly be rebuilt, but Volvo will only sell complete units, no parts.

I'm thinking there are plenty of turbos out there, and there isn't anything all that special about Volvo's turbos vs anybody else's, so somebody should be willing to rebuild these suckers for a reasonable fee.

BUIZILLA
08-07-2009, 07:36 PM
KKK or 3K for short is out to lunch on stock status lately... helluva time getting just wheels... but we are a 3K warehouse so if anyone can get it we can... coincidence that I got a 74P coming in Monday from Aruba.. I need ALL of the numbers stamped in the compressor housing... part number usually starts with 53xx-xxx-xxxx, model number usually starts with Kxx-xxxx

zelatore
08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
I don't have the boat at my dock to check it, but yeah, it should be 3K. I think the guy already has the turbos off, so should be fairly easy to get the numbers.

I'm guessing around $500 to go through one - how close does that sound?

BUIZILLA
08-07-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm guessing around $500 to go through one - how close does that sound?
not if it needs wheels..... double that