PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Bowrider...

Tony
08-07-2009, 12:13 AM
...with twin 1400 MTU's :shocking:

By the way, we are having a blast in San Francisco!

:beer:

McGary911
08-07-2009, 07:45 AM
They have a couple of those tour boats in NYC one called the beast, one called the shark, i believe. Pretty neat.

My sis lived in SF for a couple of years, and loved going out there to visit. Even tho it sounds touristy, do the Alcatraz tour. It's very very cool.

There's a cool lighthouse just the other side of the Golden Gate as well that's worth a look. Have fun.

zelatore
08-07-2009, 09:54 AM
What, you come all the way out here and you don't even call? I'm hurt...:wink:

Not sure of the top speed on that thing. I tried to chase it down one day when I was out testing a big Marquis. I topped out about 35 knots. He was faster.

Not the best week to be out here - been pretty cool! At least the fog hasn't been bad this week.

Team Jefe
08-09-2009, 08:37 AM
We have two in Clear Lake....Called the Boardwalk Beasts. They run around 50 Knots. It a pretty cool ride, and the Capt drops the tabs, plows the bow and SOAKS down everyone.

When I'm out playing we usually go around them and play some tag.

Tony
08-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Yeah, my bad, Don. Where exactly are you located?

Been major busy, it is awful hard work having this much fun. Mt. Tam, Muir Woods, and Sonoma Valley wine country today...left San Carlos about 8 a.m. and got back about 8 p.m. In SF it was 65 degrees, in Sonoma it was 99!!

Saw the Olympic Club golf course where the U.S. Open has been played a few times, and hung out at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay last night for sunset. Way cool...

Tomorrow it's down to Monterey/Big Sur for a couple days, later this week it is over to Yosemite.

zelatore
08-10-2009, 11:24 AM
Well today I'm at home up in the delta (Walnut Grove). I'm about to run up to Sacramento to pick up a small die-grinder so I can join the ranks of fiberglass grindin' fools on this board....:cool:

Normally during the week I stay on my boat in Oakland, just a few blocks from Jack London Square. I'll be back down there Wed-Fri.

Sounds like you're getting ready to head out from the bay area a bit, but if you're going to be around any more give me a call (cell-510.825.5056) or PM me and we'll try to get together.

It's rare enough that anybody from the registry makes it this far west...I need to take advantage when I can!

Tony
08-11-2009, 10:50 PM
Never made it to Oakland, Don, but thanks for the phone number and the invite. One problem with vacations, if you can call it that, is that they are often too structured and packed with fun stuff to do.

Today, for example, we did the Monterey Aquarium (wife wanted to...it was so-so imho), then took the 7 mile drive around the Monterey Peninsula to see Pebble Beach, Cypress Point, Sawgrass, and Spyglass golf courses. Now, that was pretty spectacular in my opinion! This weekend is the Pebble Beach Concourse De'Elegance, but as we drive into Carmel-By-The-Sea we discover we are there just in time to see their version of the event, called Concourse on the Avenue. TONS of awesome cars, most of which will be at the Pebble Beach event. Very managable crowds, and we were able to walk right up to the cars. I must have took 100 pictures, when I get some time I will post some. Easily the most high-classed cars I have ever seen in one location.

Tomorrow is up to Half Moon Bay, and the famous Mavericks surf spot. Then busting over to Yosemite for a couple days, then back home on Saturday morning.