PDA

View Full Version : 22 Shelby Ilmor - Seattle

EvanB85
08-05-2009, 06:10 PM
I've been a lurker here for a year or so while I keep a casual, but close eye on the affordable 16 and 18 market.

This boat is neither, and I know that a lot of folks are familiar with it. There was a post discussing it last year http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=51681&highlight=ilmor but I was suprised to see that it appears nobody has noticed this:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/1307603364.html

I stared at this boat for like an hour when it was being serviced at Powerboats Northwest last summer. It really is awe inspiring.

That's all. Back to lurking for me :)

Mr X
08-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh, it was noticed....but the thread was deleted, due to some crazy ranting and raving by a registry member. :boggled:

lars
08-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Sad and surprising to see this Shelby owner giving it up so soon! Hope You'll find Your 16 or 18 Evan. If You want something that You can always sell back to someone on the donzi.net forum for fair money, I suggest You go and see Eugene's 18. He's well known to do amazing boat restorations for himself, where money and time doesn't seem to be an object and when he's finished with the project he enjoys the boat sparingly for a few seasons, then sells it and starts a new project. He's a true enthusiast and a remarkable craftsman. Since You truly enjoyed checking out the Shelby I think You'd really appreciate Eugene's 1971 "Resto Mod" Donzi 18 2+3.
Link; http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58750
Regards, Lars.
P.S. Some of You might have seen that Gary Taylor's incredible $300,000
2005 Howard 28 Bullet (130 mph boat), updated to new condition, new
carbon interior, new 900hp engine etc. sold for $90,000 on
performanceboats.com . I wonder what this Shelby eventually will sell
for? :confused: D.S.

boxy
08-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Why would you want to own anything with Gary Taylor's name attached to it, especially his personal boat.

lars
08-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Why would you want to own anything with Gary Taylor's name attached to it, especially his personal boat.

...and also because his dear family needed to get it sold and move on with their lives. It would of course be a little different to own it if he was the builder and not the great father and son team Gene & Mike Willen at Howard Custom Boats. The boat now has a deserving new owner and he's already looking to exchange the engine. Mr. Taylor hopefully won't be seeing a boat for the rest of his life unless he gets shipped out to The Devil's Island of course. :shark::crossfing:

Regards, Lars.

boxy
08-08-2009, 07:31 AM
...and also because his dear family needed to get it sold and move on with their lives. It would of course be a little different to own it if he was the builder and not the great father and son team Gene & Mike Willen at Howard Custom Boats. The boat now has a deserving new owner and he's already looking to exchange the engine. Mr. Taylor hopefully won't be seeing a boat for the rest of his life unless he gets shipped out to The Devil's Island of course. :shark::crossfing:
Regards, Lars.

Good point Lars.

Carl C
08-08-2009, 09:17 AM
The ad is gone:confused:.

Sweet Cheekz
08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Just wondering who Gary Taylor is and what he did to get so popular?

BUIZILLA
08-08-2009, 09:21 AM
convicted pedophile... :mad: :bonk:

Sweet Cheekz
08-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Any tie to boating other than owning one?

undertaker
08-08-2009, 09:30 AM
He built motors.......:yes: