PDA

View Full Version : No ONE ever buy my X-18 ...

Lenny
08-04-2009, 07:38 PM
:D :D :D I am having a BLAST with it and beating the living **** out of it here. ( at the Cottage)

Just got back from getting a quart of milk for Deneens am coffee. Man was it rough. Almost lost it TWICE, a ton of air and sloppy landings only to launch worse the second time. Fogducker, it is windy and stormy out here, no one to play with ( on the Ocean) either. I have left Deneen behind so

a) I can run the living beJesus out of it and...
b) I can phone her for a tow when I scatter this thing :D

Great rough water running today, whitecaps and large swells and waves all over...not many people out... I slowed down every once in a while to "listen" to the motor for odd stuff, so far quite happy. Guages are all good. I am serious, I am beating on this thing hard. :shocking:

too much fun... :)

Jeremy, where are you ?

:D

fogducker III
08-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Bastard...:wink:

Are you around tomorrow? I think I will take the day off and do a run, I have to do some work on the Willys so I can do that early in the morning and join you when the tides are right???:boat:

Lenny
08-05-2009, 12:57 AM
I am here. For a month. :)

Call me, 250-361-8234 ...

or 250-474-4005

Lets get some air. High tide is at about 7:30 pm. 5pm should bring some BIG stuff, 7:30 flat calm, 9:00PM rock and roll again :D

Call me...

I rowed 8 statute miles today in a ****ty boat. Deneen wants me to get my 6-pack back ... :(

What I am going to do this month is that, but still... the important six pack...before the next... ;)

I am rowing to Vancouver next week. Basically, a 40 statute mile round trip row. I can't wait. Big water too. I LOVE THIS STUFF.

Deneen and I tonight "bobbed" ( no, not that way) off the property with a MINK, a couple of Otters, a BILLION seals and an all but full moon.

IT DOES NOT get any better than this. :yes:

Life is getting PERFECT.

jl1962
08-05-2009, 05:43 AM
Sounds awesome.

Post some pictures when you get a chance (not of your six pack though):shocking:

JL

mattyboy
08-05-2009, 07:55 AM
Lenny sounds great, if you have some pics of the animals that would send my daughter over the edge. She lives for that kinda stuff she is going to college for marine vertibrate biology . ever since she did that close up thing with the dolphins at sea world she is hooked

now back to the x 18 it is amazing how strong the old hulls still are. The punishment they take is incredible. I hit some of the roughest water ever up in 1000 islands .I hit a 6 foot cruiser wake, I thought I folded in the port side of the boat. I never heard a sound like that before in my life . I figure I was going to have to make a mad dash for the shore as the boat sunk. When I decided it was safe to come off plane and see how much water I was taking on. I was totally surprised! the only damage I had was the battery busted loose and flipped up and was resting ontop of the exhaust riser and the intake manifold! How it got there with the hatch on is beyond me.

just a word of advice here if this happens to you and you are afraid of sparks or a few zaps DON't just grab the battery and try and put it back in place:shocking::shocking:

zelatore
08-05-2009, 10:33 AM
I am rowing to Vancouver next week.

WHAT?!? That's some serious rowing my friend!

I know you can time the tides and get a nice boost, but still....how long do you figure that's going to take?

(you need to post a nice chart showing your route)

LKSD
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Lenny, I didnt even know you were thinking of selling yours.. It sounds like you are having some good fun up there. We may be joining the classic crew again. We are looking at a Testarossa ed. Im hoping it works out. I miss rippin around on the water on the big C. Actually my wife had me dig out our small row boat & asked me to work on my figure a bit again too.. lol.. Its probably for the best, too many coffee & donut breakasts lately for me with my crazy hours.. lol :pizza: :eek::kingme: :) Jamie

mrfixxall
08-06-2009, 05:10 PM
Pics please!!!:)

Lenny
08-07-2009, 09:55 AM
Pics a coming... some for Matty's daughter too. Went to the Sidney Market last night. ( in the X with Deneen). Basically a 10 minute run at WOT. The close down the street in downtown and have an open air market. Bought some fresh food for dinner, ( nothing like Poddles last night :rolleyes: ) Then ended up at the Cold beer and wine store :D, then at the Pier Hotel for some Martinis :rolleyes: , double Crowns, :rolleyes: , and then another WOT run back to the island :D Heading out to place the crap trap ( dungeoness) and pick up some friends of Deneens (girls ;) ) for the day here.

Don, I guesstimate the two way row will be a total of 14 hours. That is based on 2.5-3 mph. We are "running" a Whitehall for this.

I am using the X as it is my 'beater" boat, and it has been in the SALT water now for 8 days :( . Wouldn't want to do that to the LE. ( read that WILL NOT ) Went fishing yesterday and caught about 8 Lingcod, a black bass, a flounder and a red snapper. We threw the Black Bass into the air and over into the water for an Eagle in the trees. As expected, he came down, swooped it out of the water right beside us. I had the camera ready but missed the entire shot :( Something about zooming and then losing where I actually am aiming the camera. One of the lingcod got eaten all but whole by a shark as it was just below the surface. I raised it out of the water so she could get a pic of it hanging off of the cod but it ended up biting it in half and whole and dissappeared back into the water before we could get that pic off. :( More to come. :D

The Hedgehog
08-07-2009, 10:10 AM
That sounds like a pretty dang cool way to spend a month!

roadtrip se
08-07-2009, 10:33 AM
I have got to get up there.

More pics please....

chappy
08-07-2009, 10:43 AM
That could be the best looking beater boat in the history of the planet.:)

zelatore
08-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I will be back! Hopefully when it's not raining so much.

I've never rowed a Whitehall. They look like they'll move along nicely. Expensive little buggers - I once though it might be nice to keep one here at our marina for some exercise. I got over that.

Lenny
08-07-2009, 11:04 AM
II've never rowed a Whitehall. They look like they'll move along nicely. Expensive little buggers

very fast... :) and effortless

BUIZILLA
08-07-2009, 11:28 AM
one thing is for certain....

i'm doing it alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll wrong.. :bonk:

Lenny
08-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Too much fun :yes:

Spent the morning in the X, afternoon fishing catching these $#%ucking things... :( Windy here, clear, sunny, 25 knots of wind :D

chrisc2
08-07-2009, 08:45 PM
Overcast till 1 hour ago, temps in the low 60's today (North Kitsap/Edmonds/Kingston-just N of Seattle). Wow what a difference from the rest of the summer. Everyone is talking about football..Keep it goin Lenny!!!