PDA

View Full Version : LGDCC 14th Fall Family Picnic

mattyboy
08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
the LGDCC is happy to announce it's 14th fall Family Picnic on the weekend of Sept 11th thru 13th. this is our annual event to welcome ALL DONZI owners and other Aronow boats to beautiful Lake George NY. The picnic will be held at the lake side pavillion at the treasure cove. Grills will be provided, so pack up your favorite BBQ or grillin recipe. It is a great time to see and expierence the boats as well as the Great Donzi family. Pack up the kiddies and the water skis, fishin poles, and the picnic basket and head to the Queen of American Lakes.
stay tuned for a final agenda

:)

Air 22
08-04-2009, 04:00 PM
Sounds great...c u then...:wink:

Cooler check:wink:
Gentlemen Jack check:wink:
all is good to go.....:angel: :pimp:

jl1962
08-04-2009, 08:53 PM
Oh yeah!

I'm in!

JL

:boat:

Tank
08-06-2009, 01:26 PM
Hay can I come?
The outside shines.
Ware do I make my reservations?
Tank and wife

mattyboy
08-06-2009, 01:57 PM
sure you can :)

try

treasure cove resort in diamond point
or the capri village
most of the people stay there everything will be at treasure cove
both are listed
on this link

http://www.lakegeorge.com/Guide/LG_HotelsMotels.cfm

Dr. Dan
08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
:popcorn: So --- I guess Pantera's are not welcome?

Doc A Doodle Do :angel:

mattyboy
08-07-2009, 06:55 AM

WELCOME
yes they most certainly are every one knows they are a splash of a Aronow 24 and 28 ;) so bring it up if you can get word to Morgan he can bring up the sutphen too :)

on a side note will there be any problems with the crew that stays at the Capri???

Air 22
08-07-2009, 07:15 AM

Panatera's... Yes are allowed:)...on the other hand Pantera we will have to consider...lol...:)

Bring that wave crushing overgrown classic will ya....:)

Tank
08-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Tanks Mattyboy
got the OK from the wife looking forward to meeting others!
Brian

mattyboy
08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Tank

make sure you pack up your favorite picnic stuff we supply the grills and the water stay tuned for the final agenda

Kirbyvv
08-12-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm going to stop in for a visit, but have a wedding that afternoon. maybe just get primed for the wedding :yes:. lake front wedding in Heart bay, so may have to take the bride and groom for a Donzi ride too.

Dr. Dan
08-17-2009, 08:22 PM
So I was thinking... who thinks Somerville should bring his new Flower Pot to LG to debut it and get some break in hours on it? I mean he calls himself Roadtrip and he should change his name to Acid Trip or Pussers Rum & Coke Trip or something....

I say bring it and be the Top Dog for once in your life...

Anonymous Phantom Post Whore of Days Gone By! :angel:

roadtrip se
08-17-2009, 09:37 PM
So I was thinking... who thinks Somerville should bring his new Flower Pot to LG to debut it and get some break in hours on it? I mean he calls himself Roadtrip and he should change his name to Acid Trip or Pussers Rum & Coke Trip or something....
I say bring it and be the Top Dog for once in your life...
Anonymous Phantom Post Whore of Days Gone By! :angel:

that is some funny stuff right there.

Never know, depends on when this scratch and dent special actually goes to the water. I'll keep you posted.

In the meantime, you can call me:

Day Tripper, a Bad Trip, Ego Trip, SS Tripper, Pusser's Rum Trip, or Roadtrip, but please, please don't call me Acid Trip... that just ain't right.

Looking to possibly take a long walk down a short pier at the boat house at the Capri...whoops he tripped on that thing called reality.

mike o
08-18-2009, 09:10 AM
Pan-a-teras, flowers by Potter performance, And a 12', 1961 Alum-A-craft/3hp Johnson. Guess who wants to bring her boat. Ahh:yes:, The fall picnic........................:kingme:

mattyboy
08-18-2009, 03:57 PM
well a month away anyone know what they are bringing to eat???

I was figuring on maybe the sliced staek sandwiches or maybe some delicious little neck clams anyone up for clams???

mattyboy
08-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Ok anyone who is planning on attending post up with the total number attending and what boat you're bringing. we have to figure out the pavillion layout and the dock plan

Matty and Marie ( no kids empty nest syndrome) boat TBA

Kirbyvv
08-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Kirby & Martha, X-18, but will have to leave early for a wedding.

Air 22
08-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Well..I'm in training and we have a scheduled burn(firefighting) that weekend...Have fun:cool:....the cooler races will have to wait til the 2010 Dust-Off...:kingme:
burn baby burn...

DON N.
08-20-2009, 09:05 PM
1 red 22'

mattyboy
08-20-2009, 11:29 PM
1 red 22'

your boat doesn't need a driver I thought Chris's was the only one that did that ;)

see ya up there Don :)

DON N.
08-21-2009, 05:12 AM
I remember i was there ! Ok! 2 of us so far , maybe i'll bring something for you to drink .

mattyboy
08-21-2009, 06:02 AM
:beer: :spit: just keep pearson out of the fire water :tongue:

DON N.
08-22-2009, 07:23 PM
MATTY I PROMISE ! :drinkbeer::lol9:

Dr. Dan
08-24-2009, 04:48 PM
:angel: 28 Panatera Sportis Maximus - Lizzy and I for sure - we will be at our Boat house at the Capri - likely to make Greek Shishka Bob - Suv lak ya for you hard core ethnic types.

Might bring some friends - still up in the air on that right now.

Danny Pantera :wavey:

jl1962
08-25-2009, 06:19 AM
I'll be there w/Old Red and I suppose I will need a spot for my orange barrelback too! :crossfing:

Scott- cash,wire, bank check ,Euros, gold, Swiss bank acct?

roadtrip se
08-25-2009, 11:31 AM
for a confirmed maybe...

Air 22
08-25-2009, 01:13 PM
for a confirmed maybe...

Ohhh Boy:)...this Oughta Be Good...:popcorn:

DONZI
08-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Ken & Martha Lessard w/ 22 Classic.

Outside dock request for the early morning runs.

undertaker
08-28-2009, 08:40 AM
Ed, Kim & Tyler....RED 22 classic.....staying @ Capri Village.......looking forward to it....see ya soon...:yes::pimp::kingme::shades:

Edit: We r now staying @ Treasure Cove Capri is booked guess I will be with the non cool people like Pearson & Haver

Scott Pearson
08-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Ed....Capri is burned to the ground...you guys staying in tents?:bonk::party:

undertaker
08-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Ed....Capri is burned to the ground...you guys staying in tents?:bonk::party:

Scott, you know I am familiar with Fire and ashes.....not a problem.... I can handle it....the cool people will be at Capri Village:bonk::boggled::nilly::wink:

Scott Pearson
08-28-2009, 10:46 AM
Next thing you know...you will be buying a Pantara...Cool people huh....:shades:

KenBsDonzi
09-02-2009, 03:43 PM
Any times for the Fall event yet?

mattyboy
09-02-2009, 03:54 PM
no real agenda

we get there thursday night. friday will see a run or two around the lake Friday night some will go to the car show some will hang lakeside and relax
Sat we'll start around noon getting the grills going and enjoying the people the lake and the boats. I am sure some will run the boats early before noon
so pack a picnic basket with your favorite treats and come along

we have the run of the docks and the lakeside area at treasure cove so will be there all weekend some stay sunday most leave around lunch time

jl1962
09-02-2009, 04:06 PM
And if it rains we do all of the above......in Matty's room!

Ken - welcome. What kind of Donzi do you have?

Air 22
09-03-2009, 08:41 AM
Next thing you know...you will be buying a Pantara...Cool people huh....:shades:

Hey..Jersey Boy...its Panatera...geeezzz what's wrong w you..:bonk: :nilly: :)

mattyboy
09-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Hey..Jersey Boy...its Panatera...geeezzz what's wrong w you..:bonk: :nilly: :)

fuggetaboutit, how u doin,panatera is a great bakery dey make sum of da best canollis, dat and a lidle espresso wit sambuca, now yaw friggin tawkin
Joisey really what exit :wink: :kingme:

Air 22
09-05-2009, 09:03 AM
fuggetaboutit, how u doin,panatera is a great bakery dey make sum of da best canollis, dat and a lidle espresso wit sambuca, now yaw friggin tawkin
Joisey really what exit :wink: :kingme:

..."Joisey"....I'm nominating this as funniest post LMAO:):wink:...:lol9:...

roadtrip se
09-08-2009, 08:33 PM
But I will be there next June. Way too much road time over the past ten days and the boat is just now finishing up.

Haver, the boat will be tuned by then, so enjoy your reprieve "stocker" bravo boy!

Have fun everybody!

Air 22
09-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Ohhhh the Drama....:popcorn:

bob haver
09-08-2009, 09:00 PM
But I will be there next June. Way too much road time over the past ten days and the boat is just now finishing up.

Haver, the boat will be tuned by then, so enjoy your reprieve "stocker" bravo boy!

Have fun everybody!
bring it on bee-ootchhh:lightning:bonk::wink::nilly::boat:

mattyboy
09-09-2009, 09:31 AM
well #@$K the clams I have seen enough over the summer my clam knife and steamer are done for the season. so it is carne grande grilled

leaving the toon and the fishing boats home this weekend will be the start of a weeks vacation and an anniversary celebration

looking fwd to seeing everyone

arriving 5pm thursday

hee hee todd said stock

Air 22
09-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Matty...said "Clams"....is that like.....ohhh never mind...:nilly: :biggrin.: :tongue:

roadtrip se
09-09-2009, 12:03 PM
bring it on bee-ootchhh:lightning:bonk::wink::nilly::boat:

My dad bred labs when I was growing up. I trained a few of them to take their treats, by setting the snack on the end of their nose, and flipping it up and into their mouthes when I snapped my fingers, just like the commercial.

Oh I am going to "bring it", bring it right at you, "Mr. Stocker"... Can you say "Haver's in the Mist, Part Two?"

Wait for it... I got your "stock"... Sorry, I won't be there this weekend, but the boat is just going to the water,
so we aren't ready for the debut quite yet....

Air 22
09-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Scott, you know I am familiar with Fire and ashes.....not a problem.... I can handle it....the cool people will be at Capri Village:bonk::boggled::nilly::wink:

Scott...ya gotta give them credit...ck out the Capri accommodations ...Kool people really have it going on... can't u see that...Jeeeze...:kingme:

DON N.
09-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Somebody said it's haunted !

mattyboy
09-10-2009, 12:56 PM
northbound and down should arrive by 6pm tonight
if anyone needs me 201-315-9662

cooler packed, will be beer in hand lake side ina few hours

have a SAFE trip and we'll see you up there

jl1962
09-13-2009, 03:48 PM
Awesome weekend, awesome food! Thanks to all of those who cooked from all of us who didnt'! :wink:

The weather was so-so but I still logged almost 5 hours in the boat. Great to see everyone - and of course all the cars! Next year I'll take more car pix and fewer ones of my boat........nah....not likely!

JL

jl1962
09-13-2009, 03:51 PM
A few more. The guy w/ the '55 Chevy is restoring a '50's Chevy school bus. It will have two seats in front and the rest will be like a '50's diner complete w/ booths and a Wurlitzer juke box. Should be cool! Tune in next year!

mattyboy
09-14-2009, 01:42 PM
yes a great weekend with great friends had a blast i'll post a recap shortly
thanks to Scott ,treasure cove and all who attended
here are some shots

mattyboy
09-15-2009, 04:04 AM
Love that first shot, first time I've seen your new boat man!! :p :p

my boat was there

it never left the dock I snuck it in early thursday, and was fraidy scared of the abuse I would get so I had John from treasure cove move it when all the donzis arrived . I snuck out early sunday with no one knowing there is a pic or two :p :p :p

speaking of abuse man poor George

anyone notice the ghost stripes on that chevelle, that was Bill Holden's the same Bill Holden that did the motor in Dr Dan's teal monster great guy awesome car

Dr. Dan
09-15-2009, 06:34 AM
my boat was there
it never left the dock I snuck it in early thursday, and was fraidy scared of the abuse I would get so I had John from treasure cove move it when all the donzis arrived . I snuck out early sunday with no one knowing there is a pic or two :p :p :p
speaking of abuse man poor George
anyone notice the ghost stripes on that chevelle, that was Bill Holden's the same Bill Holden that did the motor in Dr Dan's teal monster great guy awesome car

Actually his name is Holden Kramer - and he is an awesome guy.... gained back the 15 miles per hour from running on a few cylinders to running on all 8 - what a concept. Plugs - Fuel Filter and some critical Carb Tuning made the world of difference.

Holden will be re-rigging the Donzi this off season. We'll see what comes out of it...I am sure it will be pretty strong no matter what we come up with.

Danny :angel:

Air 22
09-16-2009, 08:43 PM
Actually his name is Holden Kramer - and he is an awesome guy.... gained back the 15 miles per hour from running on a few cylinders to running on all 8 - what a concept. Plugs - Fuel Filter and some critical Carb Tuning made the world of difference.
You went on a RedBull only diet 2 weeks before the picnic...Thus gaining those 15MPH...:kingme:

"Holden will be re-rigging the Donzi this off season. We'll see what comes out of it...I am sure it will be pretty strong no matter what we come up with"........

Ohhh Rooster Boy....Are you paying attention...:angel: :popcorn:

roadtrip se
09-16-2009, 09:30 PM
"Holden will be re-rigging the Donzi this off season. We'll see what comes out of it...I am sure it will be pretty strong no matter what we come up with"........
Ohhh Rooster Boy....Are you paying attention...:angel: :popcorn:

Yes I am. Actually, I chatted with the double D about this for quite some time last evening. The teal beast will be back better than ever, and soon!

mattyboy
09-17-2009, 05:50 PM
this is for all my fenway frank eating friends

:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5JIpT4GkyM

mattyboy
09-17-2009, 07:06 PM
a special thaanks to Brad he always covers an event