PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a 1999 Donzi 38 ZX....Any + or - ?

Apollon
08-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Hello. I am looking at a 1999 Donzi 38 ZX here in GA. Are there any positives or negatives that anyone can offer ?

VetteLT193
08-03-2009, 08:10 PM
They are nice boats...

do you have comparable boats you are looking at so we can give good plus and minuses?

LKSD
08-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Good boats..

MOP
08-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Beautiful boat, but like any get a good NAMS or SAMS surveyor and a decent mechanical inspection inclusive of oil samples.

Phil

Apollon
08-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Well..... I bought the 1999 Donzi 38ZX. Just got home with it. Going to jump into it tomorrow morning and start learning and playing. Question : Does anyone know where to get a factory owners manual for the 1999 Donzi 38ZX also any sources for original factory brochures and the like ? Thanks in advance.

mrfixxall
08-08-2009, 08:47 PM
Well..... I bought the 1999 Donzi 38ZX. Just got home with it. Going to jump into it tomorrow morning and start learning and playing. Question : Does anyone know where to get a factory owners manual for the 1999 Donzi 38ZX also any sources for original factory brochures and the like ? Thanks in advance.

We need pics,power drive etc.......Nice boat enjoy it:wink:

BigGrizzly
08-09-2009, 09:49 AM
Where in Georgia do you live. I live on Lake Lanier?

fasttrucker
08-09-2009, 03:42 PM
Ive been in one,down in sarasota and was impressed by the ride.nice big cabin.I did wonder about the mpg?...waiting for lottery:crossfing:

joseph m. hahnl
08-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Hello. I am looking at a 1999 Donzi 38 ZX here in GA. Are there any positives or negatives that anyone can offer ?

Trim and speed in a turn:kingme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5-Go1HH7Q

The Hedgehog
08-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Trim and speed in a turn:kingme:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG5-Go1HH7Q

It has a step hull pretty much like most other large performance boats these days.

That just means that you need to learn how to drive it.

Apollon
08-11-2009, 07:00 AM
I'll check with Donzi C.S. It's a 1999 Donzi 38 ZX with twin 525SC Mercs.
White, Red, & Black. I'll post some pics after I get them off of the camera.
We don't have a Donzi dealer here on Lake Lanier. What is the best dealer for "have it all" parts and stuff. I'd just like to know a good place to call. Boat is in uncredible shape. I'm going to spruce up some of the areas that are designed to wear out. I need a new steering wheel, cup holders, speakers. I hope to do that this week.

The Hedgehog
08-11-2009, 08:57 AM
I'll check with Donzi C.S. It's a 1999 Donzi 38 ZX with twin 525SC Mercs.
White, Red, & Black. I'll post some pics after I get them off of the camera.
We don't have a Donzi dealer here on Lake Lanier. What is the best dealer for "have it all" parts and stuff. I'd just like to know a good place to call. Boat is in uncredible shape. I'm going to spruce up some of the areas that are designed to wear out. I need a new steering wheel, cup holders, speakers. I hope to do that this week.

Bling it on!

BigGrizzly
08-12-2009, 10:19 AM
You still have not told us where in Lanier you are. Must be top secret.:nilly: We lost our dealers for several reasons 1) poor management, 2) the Georgia law screwing the manufacture if not paid long long list. Just remember a Merc is a merc so any good dealer can do it. The boat there is nothing magic about fixing it a switch is a switch. Many dealers will work on them.

The Hedgehog
08-12-2009, 10:39 AM
You still have not told us where in Lanier you are. Must be top secret.:nilly: We lost our dealers for several reasons 1) poor management, 2) the Georgia law screwing the manufacture if not paid long long list. Just remember a Merc is a merc so any good dealer can do it. The boat there is nothing magic about fixing it a switch is a switch. Many dealers will work on them.

Do you guys have any majic for 525SC's?

BigGrizzly
08-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Nothing that small in stock. there are some nice 540s with brodie heads, that Garry has that a guy walked away from

The Hedgehog
08-12-2009, 11:06 AM
Nothing that small in stock. there are some nice 540s with brodie heads, that Garry has that a guy walked away from

I would figure that you guys could get your hands on a couple of chillers and pulleys.

I am partial to 540's with Brodie heads myself.

mrfixxall
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I would figure that you guys could get your hands on a couple of chillers and pulleys.
I am partial to 540's with Brodie heads myself.

Chillers and pullys wont do much for a 525 merc,that little blower is about at its limits:)hes better off leaving it alone or put some 871's on it..

The Hedgehog
08-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Chillers and pullys wont do much for a 525 merc,that little blower is about at its limits:)hes better off leaving it alone or put some 871's on it..

Yeah, I am kind of weak on the 525SC subject. I heard it is a nice engine though.

871's do look important.

Apollon
08-12-2009, 09:49 PM

I am on the West Side of Lanier near Bald Ridge Creek and Buford Dam.

Love the boat. So far my upcoming projects are to re-rig the audio system. New speakers, head unit, ipod stuff, etc. Anyone have any favorites for folks that do that? Preferably mobile. I can handle most all of that stuff but I am looking for some trick and custom head unit install to replace the current clarion tape deck and cd changer. I have no use for either. The problem is i have 2 big cut outs for those. I thought maybe a nice double DIN size touch screen head unit might fit that bill.

I am also considering changing the factory air condition to a 12V system from www.coldmarineair.com. Probably a MES 6000. Any advice on a good company to service marine AC ?

Next will then be a new refrigerator. It will not come on on shore power or 12V. I figure the guys I get for the AC can handle that too.

Lastly for the year is I need someone to install a nice TV/DVD system (preferably LCD) in the typical location on the wall opposite the head. I'd want it to work at shore as well as under power.

That should keep me busy. All help is appreciated.

jimishooch
08-13-2009, 08:34 AM
the guys who are going to work on the sound system, if they can't do the TV setup i wouldn't use them. most do everything now days and that's who i'd look for.

BigGrizzly
08-13-2009, 09:25 AM
I am up at Taylor creek the War Hill park area. If you can do the audio stuff then I would go to Fry's in Alpheretta, they have some good deals. As for the other stuff I have no clue.
The Sc525 is not my favorite. The chiller and other stuff is not much help in that. As for 671->1471 and up this is Garry's thing, he seams to have them wired. I just can't get use to the ponies he get out of them.