PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette 20

donzi182003
08-03-2009, 09:44 AM
http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/1303061235.html

fegettes
08-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I took a look at this, felt some interest, and contacted the seller. I'm not sure why I am getting interested in this boat as I have enough boats.

His story is that this hull sat around at a couple of different places before he gained control of it in 2000. He cut the transom for the drive, found wood rot, pulled the deck, replaced the transom, replaced the deck, and then completely rigged the boat. He now has a kid and his wife is after him to sell the boat. He claims the engine is a 350 HP and recently rebuilt. It sounds fairly decent.

My question is, does the title reflect correct Cigartte information and VIN? Does anyone recognize this boat and have any additional information on it?

Thanks.

Steve

BUIZILLA
08-04-2009, 10:53 AM
the FLZA was probably assigned by the Marine Patrol way back when...

the 0385 suggests it was assigned in 1993 or 2003 (???) since a CORRECT hull number would be 485 or 585 as a final numerical suffix in that series of years...

VetteLT193
08-04-2009, 11:13 AM
There is a post on I think OSO about it. check it out. I think the consensus is it is 'definitely' a Cig, just has assigned numbers.

I wouldn't worry about it if it were me, but I think it will scare some buyers away when it comes time to sell. It looks like a nice boat. One day I'll get a 20' Cig.... maybe after the kids are out of college :bonk:

joefitness123
08-11-2009, 06:45 AM
Saw the boat myself, The only thing is, if you are looking to sell, you will encounter the same things he is...No one that is interested in this boat is convinced of the VIN #'s...But the seller is a nice guy and the boat is in great condition...I tried to get a hold of CIG and didn't get an answer...Contacted LIPSHIP and he told me to leave it alone...So, the boat needs interior and a little bit of hull work in the front and some cosmetics otherwise in great shape..:kingme: