PDA

View Full Version : 22 classic blank

younger
08-02-2009, 09:31 PM
Does anybody know if donzi marine would sell a new 22c rigged without power? And if so any idea of the cost?

raa711
08-03-2009, 06:01 AM
I would think not. I believe it's largley due to liability issues. Let's say you bought a hull with no power and stuck some monster motor in it that it really wasn't designed for. Could be some really problems if something happened. However, I could be wrong.

mattyboy
08-03-2009, 07:14 AM
I would call them,see what they say they really are the only ones who can answer that?

Carl C
08-03-2009, 07:46 AM
I would think they would. It's not like people aren't stuffing monster motors in them already:wink:. Call them, then call dealers. Some dealers are anxious to sell their stock. You might come out ahead that way and then sell the motor.

mattyboy
08-03-2009, 08:13 AM
I would think they would. It's not like people aren't stuffing monster motors in them already:wink:. Call them, then call dealers. Some dealers are anxious to sell their stock. You might come out ahead that way and then sell the motor.

Yes but if someone screwed the pooch Donzi's liability is lifted just about the same time as the OE motor is lifted ;)

if he plans on getting radical with the color or a drive or the X then why buy a boat that the transom is already cut???

call donzi

RickSE
08-04-2009, 10:58 AM
Things may have changed but the answer to that question used to be "NO". We tried a couple of times for a unrigged hull and never got anywhere.

Tim Morris
08-04-2009, 11:46 AM
...back in '87.

The answer was 'no'. Different ownership of course.

BUIZILLA
08-04-2009, 12:16 PM
Only way they will ship it blank is if you order the OB model... :yes: :shades: :worthy::rlol:

Mr X
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
They will not......

younger
08-05-2009, 07:48 AM
Thanks! I live in Ont. Canada and I tried to by a blank 16 six years ago. Was a big run around and ended with a no! So I found a used 16 and went that route. I thought something may of changed. What the problem with waiving the legalities as well as the manufactures warantee, and putting a monster between the stringers and having some fun!

Tidbart
08-05-2009, 02:06 PM
What the problem with waiving the legalities as well as the manufactures warantee, and putting a monster between the stringers and having some fun!

Waiver or not, they will still get sued.:bonk:

Why not find a used boat with blown engine and good hull, strip it and rebuild it? :yes: This would be much easier than trying to get a blank from a company that won't give you one.:boggled:

B