PDA

View Full Version : Raymarine E-120

zelatore
07-31-2009, 01:15 PM
More shop cleaning!

This time it's a Raymarine E-120 multifunction display.
http://www.raymarine.com/ProductDetail.aspx?SITE=1&SECTION=2&PAGE=1007&PRODUCT=2982

Removed from a new boat because the anti-reflective coating on the LCD is hazy from being cleaned with something to aggressive. I tried to show it in the pics. Everything works fine, it just looks like the screen is dirty. Still has all the manuals and cables (plus they are available on Raymarine's website for download).

Missing the dust cover that goes on when the boat is not in use.

MSRP $4600....West Marine price $3499.

How does $1500 sound?

VetteLT193
08-01-2009, 09:24 AM
do you have the bracket to mount it on a horizontal surface? I don't think I have enough dash space to flush mount it.

I don't think this series comes with any of the sensors, GPS or otherwise. do you have any idea if I can pull off the livorsi GPS sensor already in the boat?

zelatore
08-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Sorry for the delay - been away from the computer for a bit.

Comes with a surface-mount bracket - that's what I had to use when I put one in my own Carver. Just not enough dash space in the older boats to flush mount these things.

You're right - the display is just that: a display. You basically plug in whatever sensors you want: GPS, radar, fish finder, weather, video, AIS, etc.

I do have a few of those things laying around as well, such as a 4KW radar dome and a DSM250 fish finder.

As for using the Livorsi GPS with it I've never tried but it will take standard NMEA inputs so I would expect it would work.