PDA

View Full Version : This caused my first accident and stitches

gold-n-rod
07-30-2009, 07:49 PM
http://i.ebayimg.com/08/!B(F0N2gBWk~$(KGrHgoOKi4EjlLm,3Y5BK,hORIi4g~~_35.J PG
It was 1960. I was pushing it (w/o the trailer) in the basement. When we hit the floor drain, it stopped and I did not. My chin was gashed by one of those upright steel rods. I had to get stitched up and I still have the scar.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission would never stand for such a hazzard these days.
This one is selling on eBay and is currently at $192. It couldn't have cost more than $2 back in '59.
Damn, I'm getting old! :bonk:

hardcrab
07-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I'd have to keep that if I were you...............

At 52 years old, I got the first stitches in my life today !

Gashed my ankle on ceramic tile. It took 5. :frown:

Donzi Vol
07-30-2009, 08:53 PM
I often wonder what possessions I should hang onto for them to gain value when I get older. My dad had a '69 camero that he sold for waaaaay less than it would be worth today. Of course, when he sold it in the '80's, he couldn't have known it would be such a hot collector these days. Sigh...

mphatc
07-31-2009, 09:17 PM
Dude,
I had the exact same truck when I was kid, in green . . !

And I too got my first stitches in a similar way . . fell over the nose of a truck that got it's tires stuck on the cold air return in the hallway, one those wide open metal grates, . .

And think of how protected the kids are now, makes you wonder how civilization ever got this far w/o Ralph Nader! and IMO it is sad to see how they can't really learn through the school of hard knocks anymore!

Mario L.

harbormaster
08-02-2009, 05:22 AM
I was playing daredevil and rode my tricycle into a brick wall.

Craig S
08-03-2009, 04:41 AM
I often wonder what possessions I should hang onto for them to gain value when I get older. My dad had a '69 camero that he sold for waaaaay less than it would be worth today. Of course, when he sold it in the '80's, he couldn't have known it would be such a hot collector these days. Sigh...

It makes you want to not sell anything!