PDA

View Full Version : Boat bill of sale

The Hedgehog
07-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Does anyone have a decent Bill of Sale template? They are kind of particular down here since we don't title them. It basically needs to have a notarized section for the signature but I can add that if necessary.

I could have sworn I had a template on my computer but so far have been unable to find it.

And no, I am not selling anything! Buying something on the other hand.....:pimp:

MOP
07-29-2009, 01:54 PM
PM sent I still have some from the Biz!

Phil

Ghost
07-29-2009, 01:55 PM
Others will probably have better ones with more terms included for reference, but if you are simply looking for SOMETHING...

Mike

RedDog
07-29-2009, 02:04 PM
In TN, I have never had a bill of sale notarized - whether buying or selling.

Won't hurt - but not required (unless it has changed in the last 5 or so years)

The Hedgehog
07-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Others will probably have better ones with more terms included for reference, but if you are simply looking for SOMETHING...

Mike

That will probably work

The Hedgehog
07-29-2009, 03:13 PM
In TN, I have never had a bill of sale notarized - whether buying or selling.

Won't hurt - but not required (unless it has changed in the last 5 or so years)

The answer is "it depends" It gets into the whole registration process and what state it comes from and how they doc things. The seller is a nice guy and I would not want to bother him with having to produce something else after the purchase. The more documentation the better. I have been asked by TN though. The last time I was the buyer and I went out and simply added a notary section for MY signature and they were fine with it. It beats the heck out of me why they were excited to have the notarized signature of one party of a transaction but heck, it made them happy.

I had a major pissing match with the auditor over sales tax I paid on a boat years ago so I am kind of sensitive to the subject. In the end I came out ok and the actual collector was pretty nice about it.

MOP
07-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Mr. Hog check you email I sent you a word doc, I cleaned off my letter head it will do the job in any state. Phil

The Hedgehog
07-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Perfect,

Thanks guys