PDA

View Full Version : Donzi2287

VetteLT193
07-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Keep Eddie in your prayers.

He had an accident this morning. I don't know too much, but he may have had a seizure. It sounds like he's up and talking. (My Mom talked to him). He had an MRI and it looks like he has a cracked disk in his back. He's going in for a 2nd MRI...

I'm not sure when I'll know what.

Ghost
07-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Sorry to hear that--we're thinking about him. -Mike

chappy
07-29-2009, 02:19 PM
Thanks for keeping us in the loop Vette. Hoping for the best, please know he's in my thoughts.

Donzi Vol
07-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Bob,

Let Eddie and your family know that he's in my thoughts and prayers. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything. I used to have seizures in my younger years, so if he or your family have any questions, feel free to call.

Hoping for the best...

-David

VetteLT193
07-29-2009, 03:10 PM
I just heard from my Dad, he's getting out of the hospital now, but hurting pretty bad. I'll talk to him in a bit. I'm trying to not inundate him with phone calls. Sounds like surgery might be needed.

All of this happened while I was driving over to Milton FL to get his dog from his Ex GF. The Dog is happy... So Eddie, if you find this thread before talking to me... hope this pic cheers you up.

Cuda
07-29-2009, 05:48 PM
I hope Eddie is ok. He's a heck of a nice guy.

I'll pray for him.

VetteLT193
07-29-2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks everyone.

He's semi-out there on pain drugs + probably shock. I couldn't really tell from him if he had 1 or 2 bad disks. he's feeling like absolute crap.

The car is totaled. along with the car he hit, garage, concrete wall, bedroom.

He was feeling light headed while backing out of a customer's house. Customer came towards him, presumably because he was backing out slow... He put the car in drive to pull a couple feet forward. woke up in the ambulance. He said it was like a dream or a movie. very odd.

I just hope he gets better and doesn't need an operation or any other medical stuff. He's the best brother a guy could ever ask for.

The Hedgehog
07-29-2009, 09:14 PM
I hope that all works out well. Having a dog around always helps me!

Conquistador_del_mar
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone.

He's semi-out there on pain drugs + probably shock. I couldn't really tell from him if he had 1 or 2 bad disks. he's feeling like absolute crap.

The car is totaled. along with the car he hit, garage, concrete wall, bedroom.

He was feeling light headed while backing out of a customer's house. Customer came towards him, presumably because he was backing out slow... He put the car in drive to pull a couple feet forward. woke up in the ambulance. He said it was like a dream or a movie. very odd.

I just hope he gets better and doesn't need an operation or any other medical stuff. He's the best brother a guy could ever ask for.

Be sure to wish Eddie my best. It sounds like he will be needing a brain scan to determine why he lost conciousness. I am surprised they already released him before determining the cause. Oh, wait, ex girlfriends can have that effect on you. I do hope he gets checked out thoroughly. Good guy. Bill

VetteLT193
07-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Be sure to wish Eddie my best. It sounds like he will be needing a brain scan to determine why he lost conciousness. I am surprised they already released him before determining the cause. Oh, wait, ex girlfriends can have that effect on you. I do hope he gets checked out thoroughly. Good guy. Bill

They did a brain scan, chest scan, then lower and upper back.

Brain and chest were good. so, that's a plus!!

He's having a hell of a time though.

widowmaker
07-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Sorry to hear about Eddie's accident. He is truly a very nice guy. Know that I'll be thinking about him. Please give him my best.
Ted

Last Real Texan
07-30-2009, 08:51 AM
keep us in the loop...he is a heck of a guy!

Tex

NLMO
07-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Eddie, I wish you and your family strength and a speedy recovery. Omar

VetteLT193
07-30-2009, 02:48 PM
He is rough today too. Can still barely move from his back hurting. Both eyes are black. Ankle and leg swollen.

I'm hoping he'll get better enough to not need help in a couple of days. he's not so positive... although, still joking around some. He says he needs a little bell for his daughter so she knows when to come in to get him something. LOL.

tomkat732
07-30-2009, 03:05 PM
I sell Medical Devices for the Spine.If Ed needs some guidance or advise ,
please feel free to shoot me a message.I hope is is doing ,OK.

TJ Marin

Cuda
07-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I thought of him often today. He's tuff. All tile guys are!

Donzi Vol
07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Eddie, been thinking about you today. Chin up, big guy!

Bob, thanks for the updates. Give my best to your family.

VetteLT193
07-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all the support and kind words. I'll get another update soon hopefully. :wink:

Cuda
08-02-2009, 09:01 AM
Any word on Eddie?

VetteLT193
08-03-2009, 08:16 AM
Any word on Eddie?

He's starting to get a bit better, but still needs help just to walk around. His foot is blue, but his toes are just starting to turn back to regualar color again.

He's basically moving from bed to sofa with help to walk. I'll probably drive down Tues. night to help out for a few days and trade out my town car for his truck so when he gets good enough to drive he won't have to climb in and out. Probably be at least another week before he can even walk around on his own though.

Cuda
08-03-2009, 07:56 PM
That's what brothers are for. Best of luck to you both.

VetteLT193
08-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Eddie is back at home, hobbling around. broken back and foot. He can't do much of anything for any time period. He brushed his teeth last night at a 35 degree angle with the support of the counter top. :bonk: sitting is good though (in the right chair, for a while)!!! Great attitude as always, although laughing hurts (not good for us, always laughing!). Eddie can't stand taking pills so we spent the last couple of nights numbing some of the pain and talking Donzi's with a few brewskies. :):):):):):) Had a nice time with him at least.

Our Grandmother turns 98 tomorrow. She says he looks great, I say that is all that matters!!!!!

He's currently driving my Lincoln Town Car. the "Road Sofa"... so our dad was nice enough to loan me his car... (pay no attention to my garage, it's a disaster) Somehow I think I made out... My daughter loves it, and loved rolling with Gramps earlier.

BUIZILLA
08-08-2009, 07:38 AM
is your dad a member of the C5 Registry... i'm one of the original Charter Members :yes:

BigGrizzly
08-08-2009, 10:18 AM
I need to look at this section more I missed this. I hope my friend Eddie is doing well. I remember when i had my vertebra fused it took a long time to get around without the walker. For him not being able to do anything constructive is the really bad mental part. Everything you do is related to the back even crapping. Eddie you will make it and better then ever. Next time let bob have the town car and YOU take the vette.

Cuda
08-08-2009, 10:53 AM
Wishing the best for you, Eddie.

Donzi Vol
08-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Eddie is back at home, hobbling around. broken back and foot. He can't do much of anything for any time period. He brushed his teeth last night at a 35 degree angle with the support of the counter top. :bonk: sitting is good though (in the right chair, for a while)!!! Great attitude as always, although laughing hurts (not good for us, always laughing!). Eddie can't stand taking pills so we spent the last couple of nights numbing some of the pain and talking Donzi's with a few brewskies. :):):):):):) Had a nice time with him at least.

Our Grandmother turns 98 tomorrow. She says he looks great, I say that is all that matters!!!!!

He's currently driving my Lincoln Town Car. the "Road Sofa"... so our dad was nice enough to loan me his car... (pay no attention to my garage, it's a disaster) Somehow I think I made out... My daughter loves it, and loved rolling with Gramps earlier.

Remind Eddie of the time that I shelled out 10 bucks for a handshake. That oughta get him laughing!

When your dad told showed me his pace cars I about pooped my pants. Sweet ride! :yes:

VetteLT193
08-08-2009, 01:12 PM
is your dad a member of the C5 Registry... i'm one of the original Charter Members :yes:

I'm not sure, he bought the car new and might have joined back then. He's got a 2007 pace car too

I need to look at this section more I missed this. I hope my friend Eddie is doing well. I remember when i had my vertebra fused it took a long time to get around without the walker. For him not being able to do anything constructive is the really bad mental part. Everything you do is related to the back even crapping. Eddie you will make it and better then ever. Next time let bob have the town car and YOU take the vette.

You've nailed it with how he feels.

Remind Eddie of the time that I shelled out 10 bucks for a handshake. That oughta get him laughing!

When your dad told showed me his pace cars I about pooped my pants. Sweet ride! :yes:

It even hurts him to laugh :nilly: