PDA

View Full Version : A quick weather tidbit from here...

Lenny
07-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Like anyone cares, but, I have NEVER seen weather here like this. http://www.timescolonist.com/technology/Victoria+historic+heat+wave+expected+breaking+reco rds/1839750/story.html

It has been sunny, everyday but a few, since the first of June :eek: We are talking about 60 days in a row and no end in sight. We rarely ever see these temps, and if we do, for one day or so. Not weeks on end.

I am liking it, but humidity is something new to me :shocking:

and I am going through an aweful lot of water on the plants at night...

The air conditioner has been on everyday for about that long as well. 24/7. Can't wait for the next hydro bill :eek:

a month at the cottage and two boats at the bouys begins on Friday :D

:party:

EricG
07-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Agreed...we've never had a run of weather like this! I guess if this is Global Warming - sign me up!

I actually chose to ride the bus to work today...as it was actually Too hot to ride the bike home even in my vented riding gear...but I don't want it to end:crossfing:

yeller
07-29-2009, 10:43 AM
Unbelievable weather. Best I can ever remember...........yet I'm using my boat less than ever. Less than 2hrs runtime this year and not sure I'll be able to get out again. :frown:

A month at the cottage............
I'm envious.

chappy
07-29-2009, 10:46 AM
Was reading about the Pacific Northwest heat wave last night, amazing temps.

We've been having a wet, cool summer until the last few weeks here, I think from late May until early July we had something along the lines of 40+ days with at least some precipitation.

I'm with EricG, keep the heat coming.:cool:

Just Say N20
07-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Everyone around here has been mentioning that this is one of the coolest :cool: summers we have had in Michigan for a long time. It is down in the low 50s many nights. The past 2 days when I left for work I was delighted to see it was in the upper 60s.

Glad someone is having nice summer weather. :yes:

MXRoadster
07-29-2009, 12:11 PM
This crazy weather has been great so far and I've had some time to enjoy it which makes it better. In four days we ran about 170 miles in the south Sound area and found 71* water on Monday to go swimming in. I was going to go out today, but I've had too much sun this past weekend and need a break. Never thought I'd say that....

Ghost
07-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Been a very mild Summer here. Grass was like it usually is in April all the way through June. Finally turned the air on for spots in the last 2 weeks, but it still isn't as hot as a typical late July.

f_inscreenname
07-29-2009, 02:53 PM
I'm with ya G. Have you noticed that some of the trees have started to turn already? :boggled: Almost looked like Fall in a shopping center parking lot yesterday.
Went to a concert at Pier 6 two weekends ago by boat. Had to use a coat on the way home. 60* with 50mph wind was a bit chilly and we are talking about July in Maryland. This is about the time of year you can usually watch asphalt melt and run into the gutters. With all the outside work on the race boat's trailer and other projects I will take this global warming any day but I'm not looking forward to this winter if this trend continues.

Lenny
07-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Fire in the hills now beside me. Not good. I got beer tho :D and the dog is OK. ;) Living at the top of a mountain has its' drawbacks.

I wonder how well a 45G of Resin will do if it gets here? Or 2 5 gallon pails of Lacquer, or the 3 5G pails of lacquer thinner, or the acetone... nevermind, I think I can figure that out. :bonk:

BUIZILLA
07-29-2009, 03:36 PM
screw that, get the LE and the dog out of there.... everything else can be replaced

Lenny
07-29-2009, 03:59 PM
screw that, get the LE and the dog out of there.... everything else can be replaced

What, in that order ? ;)

Its out :crossfing: http://www.timescolonist.com/Grass+fire+Highlands+contained+this+afternoon/1841674/story.html

Back to lacquering and drinking beer :D

Lenny
07-29-2009, 06:06 PM
HOTTEST day ever recorded, here and in Seattle. :eek: 102

No end in sight after 60 days...

:)

I do NOT know how you Texans/Floridans/Las Vegans/Alabama-ians do it... :nilly:

yeller
07-30-2009, 02:28 AM
Wow, EricG and MXRoadster in the same thread. This heatwave is causing some strange things to happen. :wink:

MXRoadster
07-30-2009, 11:39 AM
Wow, EricG and MXRoadster in the same thread. This heatwave is causing some strange things to happen. :wink:
Yep its just crazy. :nilly:

Lenny
07-30-2009, 08:23 PM
:eek: here are two pics from 6pm this evening at the back of my property.

112 in the sunlight, 98 in the shade. 53% humidity right now... :eek:

I truly think I am melting :confused:

BUIZILLA
07-30-2009, 08:47 PM
is AlGore visiting?

EricG
07-31-2009, 09:05 AM

I know...it's been a few years since that has happened! I'm actually heading out to the log boom to watch the Angels and the Hydro's qualify today... of course, it's now cloudy and 60 degrees...but it's supposed to be 80's again today.