PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Info

tomkat732
07-27-2009, 03:56 PM
I have recently bought a 1982 22 Classic ,the trailer sucks and boat does not sit correctly. I looked into the loadrite trailers Tandom axle w/ Brakes and was quoted around 3200.00 sound about right? Will loadrite build trailer specifically for 22 Classic , or does anyone have any good advise or good experiences w/ Loadrite Trailers.any info would be helpful.Thx..

mrfixxall
07-27-2009, 06:59 PM
I have recently bought a 1982 22 Classic ,the trailer sucks and boat does not sit correctly. I looked into the loadrite trailers Tandom axle w/ Brakes and was quoted around 3200.00 sound about right? Will loadrite build trailer specifically for 22 Classic , or does anyone have any good advise or good experiences w/ Loadrite Trailers.any info would be helpful.Thx..

their was one forsale in the boat section..

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57614&highlight=trailer

VetteLT193
07-27-2009, 07:50 PM
Aluminum or Galvanized?

I got a quote for my 20' Minx from S. Fla Trailers and it was 4500 W/O brakes, tandem, aluminum, SS hardware.

I bought my 28 ZX trailer from Ace trailers. Aluminum, SS hardware, LED lights, custom bunks made for a step bottom, etc. location was perfect for me... not so good for you.

MadPoodle sells continental at good prices too. but... FL again.

I will say, sometimes it's worth taking a trip to get a better deal on a trailer... We're planning on doing a Miami boat show run again in the FL keys if you can wait to February. then you have the whole East coast to pick one up.

tomkat732
07-27-2009, 07:55 PM
Myco Trailer is a great deal , I Need aluminum or Galvanized most of my use is Saltwater.Thanks

VetteLT193
07-27-2009, 08:08 PM
If you are in Salt, get Aluminum and call it a day. I have had good luck with Galvanized with ridiculous preventative maintenance, but Aluminum is easier and worth the money. if your quote was for Galvanized, keep looking.

MOP
07-27-2009, 10:31 PM
When I bought my 22 it came on a near new Galv trailer which towed like a truck, Rust & Rot got me a smoking deal in my aluminum one that tows like it is not there. Go aluminum steel to me is just to heavy and sooner or later will let you down.

Phil

rustnrot
07-28-2009, 10:44 AM
At the time MOP got his, we bought two for two 22 Classics. That was several years ago have not bought one since not sure of price these days but they are down in SC.

http://www.wescotrailers.net/

pm me if you want a price but off hand the $3200 seems pretty reasonable...(if aluminum).

Tidbart
07-28-2009, 12:48 PM
I got a quote for my 20' Minx from S. Fla Trailers and it was 4500 W/O brakes, tandem, aluminum, SS hardware.

Nice that they quoted you a price without brakes. If the weight rating on the trailer is over 3000#s, you are required to have brakes on every wheel. Sounds like a loss-leader to me.
"Oh yes sir, that bill for $6k is correct. He should have mentioned that. Will that be cash or credit." LOL

B

Tidbart
07-28-2009, 01:01 PM

I would sit down and spec out everything you want in a trailer. Just some other things to think about...

Start with overall weight rating. 4500#, 5000#

Brakes, what kind? Disc or drum? Galv, SS, Silver Cad?? Who makes them? Kodiak, Titan, Tie Down,.... Electric or surge?......

Suspension, Leaf spring or torsion?

Bunks or Rollers. What are they made of?

Lights and wiring? LED or regular? Connectors heat shrinked?

Jack, rating? One wheel or two?

I-beams, what size?

Tires, spindles, bearings, lubricating system........

Once you know everything you need to know, then shop around. :bonk::boggled:
This will get you what you want, not what they want you to have.

B