PDA

View Full Version : Why no intertest in Blackhawks

fegettes
07-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I have had my 1995 Blackhawk for sale for over a couple of years now and have not had one single offer for it.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49185

It is a beautiful boat. What is wrong? Is it over priced?

Steve

BlownCrewCab
07-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Wow, thats a beautiful piece, IDK why it wouldn't sell.

chappy
07-24-2009, 08:40 AM
Not overpriced, economy related.

Real sharp boat.

Barry Eller
07-24-2009, 09:07 AM
Hey Steve, drag that bad boy to the Destin Rally. We will pull up to Juanna's Pagoda and put a "For Sale" sign on it there!

gold-n-rod
07-24-2009, 09:27 AM
You have a beautiful boat. As far as the 'Hawks go, personally, if there were 2 boats (1 a 'Hawk and the other not) and everything was comparable (year, condition, hours, etc) I would choose the non-'Hawk.

The potential extra cost of drive and prop repairs and the specialized performance (and the requisite drive skill and attention) aren't worth it to me.

They are fine crafts and yours is a top-flight example. But for me, I'd choose the non-'Hawk. Good luck with the sale.

glashole
07-24-2009, 12:39 PM
I have had my 1995 Blackhawk for sale for over a couple of years now and have not had one single offer for it.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=49185

It is a beautiful boat. What is wrong? Is it over priced?

Steve

you need balls to drive a boat like this

thats what narrows the field down
the most
get the right guy with a proper set and he should jump all over it

hold your price
install the trim tab deal we were talking about and run that thing

Shea

The Hedgehog
07-24-2009, 12:47 PM
you need balls to drive a boat like this

thats what narrows the field down
the most
get the right guy with a proper set and he should jump all over it

hold your price
install the trim tab deal we were talking about and run that thing

Shea

:thumbsup::pimptwo:

CHACHI
07-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Steve, back in '06 I put my '87 Minx up for sale. It was a clean, unmolested boat. I asked what I thought was a fair price as there was a couple of sales much higher than my asking price.

It took a year and a half to sell it. I took somwhat less than my asking price, but I moved it.

The economy was much better in '06-'07 than it is right now and it still took 18 months to move.

I did do a lot of phone calling/PM'ing to parties who were interested in 18's or 22's. It was also listed on a couple boats for sales sites.

Be patient, the right person will come along when you least expect it, but don't stop networking the boat.

Ken

Cuda
07-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Steve asked for opinions, it's not like someone jumped against his ad.
Personally, I think because it takes a brass pair of nuts to drive, and the scarcity of BH parts. I think it's one beautiful boat.

SilverBack
07-25-2009, 06:04 AM
I don't think that it is just blackhawks. I tried to sell my boat for a fraction of the investment. The asking price was less than the engine alone cost me. I did not get one call. I am not sure what kind of response Tex got on his but I have not heard much about it lately. There are even a few Criterion's that have been for sale for a while around here. Luckily.... My boat is paid for ...... Now I just have to learn to quit spending money on it!!!

Cuda
07-25-2009, 07:01 AM
I don't think that it is just blackhawks. I tried to sell my boat for a fraction of the investment. The asking price was less than the engine alone cost me. I did not get one call. I am not sure what kind of response Tex got on his but I have not heard much about it lately. There are even a few Criterion's that have been for sale for a while around here. Luckily.... My boat is paid for ...... Now I just have to learn to quit spending money on it!!!
Agreed, it's more of a lack of liquid funds thing.

roadtrip se
07-25-2009, 08:59 AM
"I laugh in your general direction" every time someone asks me what it would cost to replicate my boat, or worse yet, buy it.

While I am not much of a golfer, I look at this hobby in the same way. You are going to spend money on it every season, just like greens and membership fees, to truly enjoy it.

SilverBack
07-25-2009, 09:04 AM
"I laugh in your general direction" every time someone asks me what it would cost to replicate my boat, or worse yet, buy it.
While I am not much of a golfer, I look at this hobby in the same way. You are going to spend money on it every season, just like greens and membership fees, to truly enjoy it.

I find that to be a VERY truthful statement!!!!