PDA

View Full Version : need to replace the sun pad covering

daboys
07-24-2009, 07:04 AM
My boat is showing some age - would like to replace the covering on the engine hatch and find a better quality covering for the rear bench seat - I have had it replaced twice. ANy suggestions on material and dealer would be appreciated. Would like to be able to keep the ZX logo design on the sun pad

Canvas Man
07-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Got any pics of the sun pad? Logo's can usually be duplicated with embroidery machines, but are sometimes subject to copyright laws ( depends on how exact you want it). As far as the material choice--all fabricators have their own preference, make sure it is a good quality MARINE GRADE vinyl. It should be mildew resistant, UV resistant, and have a good top coat (protective finish). You can't go wrong with the NAUTOLEX Marine grade products, but there are lots of good brands of cushion vinyl.

As far as "Dealers" ( fabricators ), Ask around, nothing is better than an honest recomendation and some referalls or pics. Last resort is the yellow pages.

If you tell me what part of NY you're in, I might be able to recomend a reputable shop in your area.

LKSD
07-25-2009, 02:13 AM
We can do it, but good isn't necessrily cheap.. You also may not be that far away. We are in North East PA.. If interested drop me a line.. ;) Jamie / Lakeside Restorations