PDA

View Full Version : Donzi vs Fountain 38 SC

ZekesterbluH3
07-23-2009, 09:31 PM
Does Donzi make anything comparable to a Fountain 38 Sport cruiser?? The ZX?

mrfixxall
07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Does Donzi make anything comparable to a Fountain 38 Sport cruiser?? The ZX?

Yes they make one but its call a 39'zsc:) i think its a little wider then the porpose oops fountain:)

mrfixxall
07-23-2009, 11:00 PM
here ya go!

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/photoGallery.jsp?slim=quick&currency=USD&units=Feet&seo=0&checked_boats=1763080&boat_id=1763080&back=/core/boats/2001/Donzi-ZSC-OFFERS-1763080/Whitehall/MI/United-States&boat_id=1763080

roadtrip se
07-24-2009, 07:46 AM
is a cruiser, the Fountain SC is not.

I would think a better cross-shop with Donzi would be the 38ZX. Tons of room and still the go fast feel, like the SC, in a much better package.

VetteLT193
07-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I don't really think anyone has made anything that truly compares to the Sport Cruiser Fountains. They are pretty narrow, but still huge boats. They have BIG cockpits and still reasonable living space inside with a galley. They aren't anything like the ZX. The ZSC, as previously said, is more of a cruiser. More comfortable but slower... Top speed upper 50's. The Fountains will run 60+ depending on power, some will be in the 70's.

The Hedgehog
07-24-2009, 08:25 AM
I never could really grasp the big performance cruiser idea. I can see the smaller version like Todd's working but on a big boat, the party is better while cruising. Maybe if you lived in Florida and like to blast over to the Bahama's but other than that, you sacrifice a bunch of space.

That big Donzi is cool but a fraction the size of my 37 aft cabin.

Now a big 38ZX that you can overnight on? I can see that.

mrfixxall
07-24-2009, 09:17 AM
is a cruiser, the Fountain SC is not.
I would think a better cross-shop with Donzi would be the 38ZX. Tons of room and still the go fast feel, like the SC, in a much better package.

He asked about a "sport cruiser" kinda like a fountain but in a donzi so i replied:) Donzi calls it a sport cruiser?

roadtrip se
07-24-2009, 10:00 AM
My Formula SS ran 58GPS two weeks ago with ten people on it in the slop on a very busy afternoon on Lake Cumberland. Impressive, but as cool as this is, I would hardly try to take on a Fountain SC in this beast, and there are a few lurking around on our home lake.

I wouldn't try the same manuever in a ZSC either.

In a 38ZX versus the Fountain? Game on! I have been on both boats and they are very simlar in size and make-up. The ZX is as big as a house and the Fountain is too, and both have narrow v-bottoms and run like offshores, neither are really crusiers to the true definition of the word.

The Hedgehog
07-24-2009, 10:21 AM
My Formula SS ran 58GPS two weeks ago with ten people on it in the slop on a very busy afternoon on Lake Cumberland. Impressive, but as cool as this is, I would hardly try to take on a Fountain SC in this beast, and there are a few lurking around on our home lake.
I wouldn't try the same manuever in a ZSC either.
In a 38ZX versus the Fountain? Game on! I have been on both boats and they are very simlar in size and make-up. The ZX is as big as a house and the Fountain is too, and both have narrow v-bottoms and run like offshores, neither are really crusiers to the true definition of the word.

58! That is awesome.

How did you like the big Fountain?

roadtrip se
07-24-2009, 10:49 AM
It really is a very cool boat. And the small blocks use less fuel than the Donzi. I am pretty amazed by what it is, what it does, and the quality of it. My buddies were commenting on the snap it had even into the high-40's and low 50's.

The Fountain runs like a Fountain. I do agree with Fixall, not terribly attractive, but a good runner.

mrfixxall
07-24-2009, 11:07 AM
It really is a very cool boat. And the small blocks use less fuel than the Donzi. I am pretty amazed by what it is, what it does, and the quality of it. My buddies were commenting on the snap it had even into the high-40's and low 50's.
The Fountain runs like a Fountain. I do agree with Fixall, not terribly attractive, but a good runner.

I havnt been on either on of them,standard fountain yes! i thought it was to small in the cockpit area and when i hit a wave their was to much flexing in the hull and looked like a poepose going through the water..The zsc i poster has twin 500 hp efi and side by side seating at the helm,so i thought that was the kind of boat he was looking for but in a donzi:)