PDA

View Full Version : 350 Chevy

DonziBuoy
07-22-2009, 09:15 PM
I did not build this, the previous owner did, and this engine is a monster, but puurrs so smoothly, you could put a marble on the top of the flame arrester and it won't go anywhere. Bored .30 over, 9.5 to 1, cast alum pistons, 650 carb with edelbrock high volume manifold, and glenwood logs. ALso has a light flywheel with MSD ignition. I am guessing at least 300 HP.

Tank
07-23-2009, 09:20 AM
Hay Donzibuoy
Looks good, 300hp id say your in the ballpark.
I know my stock 350 VP is 275hp stock bor 600/650 cfm 9.4 comr.
How do you like your steering? Whats the name on that ram?
Tank

DonziBuoy
07-23-2009, 06:25 PM
I am curious what your prop is and what you are turning in speed. I have Seastar steering, which I cannot complain about, however, it does cut into the space of where a power tilt would go. So, I am planning on some modification this winter so I can add the the power tilt.

I have put the boat in only twice, and so far, the outdrive being down has not been a problem. I still do not have the guts to drive the boat up the trailer, as I see everyone here doing.

Thanks for the insight!

Jim

BERTRAM BOY
07-24-2009, 06:44 AM
Hmm...Those MSD brackets look a little familiar.

mattyboy
07-24-2009, 07:42 AM
Kirk's old boat??? the no tilt sorta gave it away

MOP
07-24-2009, 08:17 AM
You could move the ram to the stbd side, easy fix just switch the hoes when you are done to change direction. May need to extend hoses to move over!

Phil

DonziBuoy
07-24-2009, 10:59 AM
You could move the ram to the stbd side, easy fix just switch the hoes when you are done to change direction. May need to extend hoses to move over!

Phil
Phil,

Easy for you to say! actually that is a great idea Phil, and something worth considering for this winter. And yes, this is Kirk's old boat. I believe you can see from the photos that on the carb, I do not have a shift slide. A definite "must" for Volvo outdrives.